Gameboy's Journal

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Is there a music venue or a Hard Rock Café close by? Asking if they have been there, then inviting them to go would have been a congruent suggestion to make since you're talking about music.
There is a Hard Rock cafe, but t's a tourist trap. Wouldn't have helped the seduction at all. Otherwise, all music venues would have been far away. And also, probably more crowded and noisy, which wouldn't have helped. Beach setting was more intimate. But the problem is that it was a 2 set.

Reflecting on the interaction, I think my best bet would have been to offer value as someone who knows the city and country well.

Unfortunately my insecurities got the better of me. When I told them about the festival i visited in their city, i remembered it was in 1991. i didn't tell them that, I just said "It was a long time ago." But still, it made me feel insecure about my age and got me thinking about how they weren't probably even born back then.

Also, the lukewarm response when I asked if they were rockers ("it was just a phase") made me feel like having asked a dumb question. Even though it was probably irrelevant.

Another thing: I remember thinking "Oh they're still here for 5 more days, I'm probably going to run into them again anyway" (probably nonesense but that's what went through my head)

All this, plus not having a clear idea of how to proceed with a 2 set, made me bail in the end. It wasn't a conscious decision, but in hindsight that's more or less why I didn't allow myself to spemd more time with these girls.

Gladiator

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Firstly, good job on hooking a 2-set. 2 sets are definitely hard and still you did it. Give yourself some credit dude.

Heck you even go out everyday, be proud of your commitment. Not a lot of guys take action but just mentally masturbate; even on this forum. You're way ahead already.

When I get sometime I'll write an elaborate reply but just some main pointers for now related to hook game:
- try not to ask a lot of questions but make statements, at least initially. Hooking gets easy.
- always have a mindset of "how can I tease her now?" combined with making a statement. For ex: when you saw the girl doing headstand, you could've said "I'm sure the world looks different from there".
- For the next few weeks, just focus on hooking and make that your goal. If you got a hook, that's a win.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Firstly, good job on hooking a 2-set. 2 sets are definitely hard and still you did it. Give yourself some credit dude.

I am! I'm super proud I did this. Just half a year ago I wouldn't have been able to approach anyone at all.

Heck you even go out everyday, be proud of your commitment. Not a lot of guys take action but just mentally masturbate; even on this forum. You're way ahead already.
:)

When I get sometime I'll write an elaborate reply but just some main pointers for now related to hook game:
- try not to ask a lot of questions but make statements, at least initially. Hooking gets easy.
- always have a mindset of "how can I tease her now?" combined with making a statement. For ex: when you saw the girl doing headstand, you could've said "I'm sure the world looks different from there".
- For the next few weeks, just focus on hooking and make that your goal. If you got a hook, that's a win.
Will do! But next time I hook an attractive single girl, I'm going for at least a #close, no more half-assing it...

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
TLR: 1 direct compliment approach, felt awkward

I've been wanting to try out some direct compliment approaches on girls for a while now. Today I got a chance.

There were not single hotties on the beach today (where did they all go?!). But just as I was about to leave, I spotted a lone girl with long red hair sitting on a patch of grass. She looked like a latina. I couldn't really see her face because she was wearing big shades, but she seemed to be checking me out while was shaking the sand from my shoes. I decided to compliment her hair, then depending on her reaction, see if I'd chat her up a bit.

I walked over to her and said "Hello!" - she barely reacted, so I said "Excuse me?"

When she looked at me, I said "I really like your hair, it's very beautiful!" - she looked down. So I said "I just wanted to tell you that." She said, "Thank you", barely looking up. Overall the situation felt really awkward, so I said "Have a nice day" and she said thank you again.

As I left, I noticed a guy standing behing her staring at me. Was this her boyfriend? I got out of there without looking back.

Coincidentally, I saw the same girl again later, standing in front of a restaurant checking the menu. I recognized her red hair. She was by herself, so the guy hadn't been her boyfriend after all.

I made a point of standing where I assumed where she would walk by me and checking my phone. She walked by me indeed, but barely looked at me. When she glanced over I waved a little, she waved back but kept walking without looking at me much. She wasn't wearing shades anymore, and I realized she really wasn't very attractive. Also, a bit chubby.

Can't say that I had much fun with this approach. I'm glad that not all of my approaches are going like this, or I'd have a hard time continuing.

I think she was just shy and was overwhelmed by the situation of being approached by a guy... can't really think of any other explanation for her behaviour.

Casanova Newhouse

Space Monkey
space monkey
TLR: 1 direct compliment approach, felt awkward

I've been wanting to try out some direct compliment approaches on girls for a while now. Today I got a chance.

There were not single hotties on the beach today (where did they all go?!). But just as I was about to leave, I spotted a lone girl with long red hair sitting on a patch of grass. She looked like a latina. I couldn't really see her face because she was wearing big shades, but she seemed to be checking me out while was shaking the sand from my shoes. I decided to compliment her hair, then depending on her reaction, see if I'd chat her up a bit.

I walked over to her and said "Hello!" - she barely reacted, so I said "Excuse me?"

When she looked at me, I said "I really like your hair, it's very beautiful!" - she looked down. So I said "I just wanted to tell you that." She said, "Thank you", barely looking up. Overall the situation felt really awkward, so I said "Have a nice day" and she said thank you again.

As I left, I noticed a guy standing behing her staring at me. Was this her boyfriend? I got out of there without looking back.

Coincidentally, I saw the same girl again later, standing in front of a restaurant checking the menu. I recognized her red hair. She was by herself, so the guy hadn't been her boyfriend after all.

I made a point of standing where I assumed where she would walk by me and checking my phone. She walked by me indeed, but barely looked at me. When she glanced over I waved a little, she waved back but kept walking without looking at me much. She wasn't wearing shades anymore, and I realized she really wasn't very attractive. Also, a bit chubby.

Can't say that I had much fun with this approach. I'm glad that not all of my approaches are going like this, or I'd have a hard time continuing.

I think she was just shy and was overwhelmed by the situation of being approached by a guy... can't really think of any other explanation for her behaviour.
Almost certainly shy and overwhelmed. I think we men overestimate how many random compliments women get. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s thinking about this encounter for years.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Almost certainly shy and overwhelmed. I think we men overestimate how many random compliments women get. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s thinking about this encounter for years.
You're probably right...

I wish I had thought of that in the moment! That would have made it a lot less awkward.

I mean she wasn't hot after all... but maybe I could have stayed in set longer. Not sure if it would have been a good idea though. Getting her hopes up then dumping her... Not something I'd feel good about.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Didn't find any cute/approachable girls today or yesterday.

It's funny how when I wasn't doing day game, they were literally everywhere, and now they are nowhere to be found.

Maybe it's a result of bias, because now I'm not only scanning for hotness but also for availability (i.e. not with a group of friends or family), old enough (at least in their 20s), and so on.

Casanova Newhouse

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm envious of your location Gameboy. The way you describe it, it seems to be an ever-changing cavalcade of hotties to approach. I also live in a tourist town, but they are always in groups on their way to somewhere else.

You seem to be going about it in the right way, I am sure you are on the verge of a breakthrough, and the results will multiply, exponentially.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Had a nice swim in the sea today, but approach-wise, I chickened out completely.

I saw lots of girls sitting around by themselves today, staring at their phone. However I didn't feel comfortable in my skin because I'm having a super stuffy nose from allergies. Didn't approach anyone, and went home kicking myself again.

Gotta do some spam approaching again like in the beginning days when I was just starting out. I wonder where that momentum went?!

Casanova Newhouse

Space Monkey
space monkey
Momentum is often like 3 steps forward, .299 steps backwards. Anything worth getting good at is going to be hard. Gotta grind.

ZenRising

Space Monkey
space monkey
Had a nice swim in the sea today, but approach-wise, I chickened out completely.

I saw lots of girls sitting around by themselves today, staring at their phone. However I didn't feel comfortable in my skin because I'm having a super stuffy nose from allergies. Didn't approach anyone, and went home kicking myself again.

Gotta do some spam approaching again like in the beginning days when I was just starting out. I wonder where that momentum went?!

Off days are all part of the process of getting good at anything... I always loved this message on the 'rule of thirds'... important reminder when I'm hating on myself for having a 'fail day'...

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Off days are all part of the process of getting good at anything... I always loved this message on the 'rule of thirds'... important reminder when I'm hating on myself for having a 'fail day'...

I didn't know about that rule! Thanks for linking to it, it really makes sense, and it does help :)

Today was another sort-of-off-day. I missed one or two opportunities on the beach. One was funny, a pretty girl sitting by herself looking out at the sea. When I sat down next to her (not on purpose) I caught her glancing at me, and she gave me the vibe of wanting to be approached.

I conisdered it for a while, then glanced around and there was a muscular hunk sitting right next to me looking at me. Which got me in my head and I thought, if this girl wants to be approached it's probably by that muscular dude. I'll make a fool of myself if I approach her now while this guy is watching.

Myself, I have a rather lean physique. I'm one of those people who can't seem to put on weight no matter how much I eat. I do work out regularly and have some muscle, but that other guy was just huge. Which made me a bit self conscious.

In the end, no one approached the girl. She left first, and I left shortly after...

Oh and I also saw a girl on the beach who I thought I knew from before (the crazy Venezuelan girl, for those of you who've been following along). She did have a rather grim face though, and even though she was all by herself, she gave me vibes of not wanting to be approached. I mustered up my courage and asked her anyway if she was the girl I remembered. She made me repeat myself a couple of times saying she didn't understand me, then said no.

Later on, I did have some casual chit chats with some very nice ladies in the checkout lines while grocery shopping. That was fun. One of them had the most beautiful pitch black eyes I've seen in a long time. She had jet black hair and dark brown skin, Colombian maybe. But she was there with her mother or sister, and probably way too young for me anyway. She gave me a lovely smile though that warmed my heart.

So, no hooks today, but at least I trained that approach muscle to make it stronger :)

Last edited:

Casanova Newhouse

Space Monkey
space monkey
I didn't know about that rule! Thanks for linking to it, it really makes sense, and it does help :)

Today was another sort-of-off-day. I missed one or two opportunities on the beach. One was funny, a pretty girl sitting by herself looking out at the sea. When I sat down next to her (not on purpose) I caught her glancing at me, and she gave me the vibe of wanting to be approached.

I conisdered it for a while, then glanced around and there was a muscular hunk sitting right next to me looking at me. Which got me in my head and I thought, if this girl wants to be approached it's probably by that muscular dude. I'll make a fool of myself if I approach her now while this guy is watching.

Myself, I have a rather lean physique. I'm one of those people who can't seem to put on weight no matter how much I eat. I do work out regularly and have some muscle, but that other guy was just huge. Which made me a bit self conscious.

In the end, no one approached the girl. She left first, and I left shortly after...

Oh and I also saw a girl on the beach who I thought I knew from before (the crazy Venezuelan girl, for those of you who've been following along). She did have a rather grim face though, and even though she was all by herself, she gave me vibes of not wanting to be approached. I mustered up my courage and asked her anyway if she was the girl I remembered. She made me repeat myself a couple of times saying she didn't understand me, then said no.

Later on, I did have some casual chit chats with some very nice ladies in the checkout lines while grocery shopping. That was fun. One of them had the most beautiful pitch black eyes I've seen in a long time. She had jet black hair and dark brown skin, Colombian maybe. But she was there with her mother or sister, and probably way too young for me anyway. She gave me a lovely smile though that warmed my heart.

So, no hooks today, but at least I trained that approach muscle to make it stronger :)
Yes look at it like a boxer training for a title belt. I used to be self-conscious of how skinny I was, then I was self-conscious of how fat I was. The sweet spot in-between lasted about 11 minutes. Actually, I've noticed that the girls who find muscle dudes attractive are rarely attractive themselves. At least to me.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Actually, I've noticed that the girls who find muscle dudes attractive are rarely attractive themselves. At least to me.
True. I very often see muscular dudes coupled with girls that would be way to fat for me. I'm thinking, he could have done better... but of course tastes in women are very different, like in everything. And that's a good thing.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Haven't been approaching the last couple of days, my spring allergies are killing me.

I hope this gets better soon, there are a few hot babes around that I'd like to meet!

Last edited:

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Had one interesting interaction with a cashier at the mall where I bought a new electric razor, as the old one had bitten the dust.

She gave me a huge smile when checking me out, more than I would call professional. She was kind of cute, with a good slim body and long dark hair. Pretty much my type, and apparently I was hers too.

I still have a runny nose and itchy eyes due to allergy, so I didn't flirt much with her except giving her big smiles back. Shoulda done more but I totally didn't expect this.

Or maybe she was just happy that I'd finally get to shave off my three-day stubble beard :)

funkyjam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I spotted a lone girl with long red hair sitting on a patch of grass. She looked like a latina. I couldn't really see her face because she was wearing big shades, but she seemed to be checking me out while was shaking the sand from my shoes. I decided to compliment her hair, then depending on her reaction, see if I'd chat her up a bit.

She was sitting and you were standing? Seems like the logistics weren't good if you were "hovering" over her.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Went out today out of sheer boredom, despite still feeling rather crappy. Almost no interesting girls out and about though. It had rained earlier in the afternoon, and there weren't that many people around, both on the streets and on the beach.

I saw one cute dark-haired girl with what appeared to be a nice ass in lose-fitting jeans. She overtook me walking, so I only saw her from behind. I walked behind her for a while because she had gotten in front of me, and actually considered opening her but thought it would be tricky. She was walking really fast though.

In the end she went into a bar and sat down at a table, it looked like she was meeting someone there. So I blew it off.

JT Sunshine

Space Monkey
space monkey
Went out today out of sheer boredom, despite still feeling rather crappy. Almost no interesting girls out and about though. It had rained earlier in the afternoon, and there weren't that many people around, both on the streets and on the beach.

I saw one cute dark-haired girl with what appeared to be a nice ass in lose-fitting jeans. She overtook me walking, so I only saw her from behind. I walked behind her for a while because she had gotten in front of me, and actually considered opening her but thought it would be tricky. She was walking really fast though.

In the end she went into a bar and sat down at a table, it looked like she was meeting someone there. So I blew it off.

Walking approaches are tricky! I have not figured them out yet. It’s been rainy here too. I bet you’ll have many more opportunities when it gets nicer out. Leaving the house is half the battle

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Wish I could just go sarge with you and see what you are doing. Feel like we could at least get you some number closes. If not a few dates lined up

>