Have you ever got to deal with interlopers during daygame?

Igor

Rookie
Rookie
In nightgame you can always expect some drunk guys doing this shit, but in daytime?!

I had 2 occasions where some random dude tried to insert himself into my conversation even trying to get the number of the girl I'm talking with. When I talk to other gamers they're surprised, never had this while I got it already multiple times. Probably they see some weakness and tried to exploit that. Yes, to be honest I completely shut down and don't know what is the appropriate way to ask the guy to move on.

I wonder, have you ever got to deal with similar situations?

MarioTheDom

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I had couple of white knights saying "does this guy bother you?" which I dispatched them just by looking at them and laughing in their face.

One guy tried to do something similar while I was in the set and I called him out saying "excuse us, do you mind leave us alone?" and keep talking to the girl, if the guy insists, gently turn to the girl and ask "you mind walking with me a bit?" if she refuses, you can tell both to have a good time. it wasn't your rodeo I guess

Igor

Rookie
Rookie
I had couple of white knights saying "does this guy bother you?" which I dispatched them just by looking at them and laughing in their face.

One guy tried to do something similar while I was in the set and I called him out saying "excuse us, do you mind leave us alone?" and keep talking to the girl, if the guy insists, gently turn to the girl and ask "you mind walking with me a bit?" if she refuses, you can tell both to have a good time. it wasn't your rodeo I guess
Sad that these envious dudes cockblocking you. From the moment a intruder is entering your set, you can say that it is losing the vibe and you have to make sure she'll feel comfortable to get a number close.

MarioTheDom

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sad that these envious dudes cockblocking you. From the moment a intruder is entering your set, you can say that it is losing the vibe and you have to make sure she'll feel comfortable to get a number close.

It happens all the time, guy doesn't have the balls to approach but thinks that by "showing how brave" he is it will wins pussies.
Sad that this leads only leads to no where or potential hospital visits

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Igor,

It might help if you describe how these guys are doing this a bit so we can see where that's coming from.

If they're inserting themselves it's more likely there is an opening for them somewhere. Either these girls are keeping their distance from you, or you aren't locking in, or you are waiting too long to escalate and the girl is trying to pull away, etc. These guys are probably smelling blood in the water, else they would not jump in.

You also might just be somewhere that has a strong male white knight culture. It's like that in South Korea; if you approach girls there, you will sometimes get dudes jumping in to tell them not to talk to you.

I'd also wonder though if you are breaking circle and allowing these guys in. A lot of the time I have seen guys get disrupted in-set with a girl they let the guy break in, whereas if it's me and the guy tries that he just gets ignored and ends up slinking off looking like a tool:

Basically the only time a guy can successfully break into your set is if a.) the girl acknowledges/engages with him even without you doing so, or b.) he is so loud, so touchy, and so intrusive you cannot realistically ignore him (e.g., if he is shouting at you, or shoving you, you cannot just close ranks against him; you have to address him).

If he does break in and there's just no helping it, some advice on handling that:

Cheers,
Chase

DonGately

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
No, but at night I just say 'X and I are having a private conversation' and backturn him. If he persists, lead her somewhere else. If she prefers to talk to him, leave, she wants to play 'you 2 fight over me'.

>