How hard is it for an average guy to get laid and/or get a girlfriend in this day and age?

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I mean yes you put it in better words than I could. Thats why I try to get as much info I can on seduction and socializing with women so I can learn of course and filter out all the BS when it comes to male dating.

And this is why I just wanted most of the commenters to share some insight so I can get out of this massive plateau I gave been stuck in for years

Well, my advice is still the same, you got to work on your fundamentals.

The title of this thread is "how hard is it for an average guy to get laid?"... the categorical answer is: "for an average guy, it is somewhat hard to get laid but he gets some occasional results. Over time, he will have to compromise and settle down."
Yet, by your own admission, you are below average in several areas - sociability, confidence, leadership. (I also think you may be giving a weird vibe)

You seem to focus too much on what to do ("tell me your exact steps") which feels safe for you because you don't want to change who you are... but it is not how seduction works.

In any of the social arts: Who you are (fundamentals) X what you do (game) = results (getting laid)
They don't add, one multiplies the other.
If it feels like you have to be perfect in one area to get some meager results it's because you're heavily neglecting the other.

You don't have to be perfect in one area to get great vresults, you just have to be competent across the board.

punishedsnake

Rookie
Rookie
So is that all for this post. Did anyone have anything to chime In with for tips on getting a gf or getting laid?
There are plenty of articles on this website. E.g.

For me, however, this all begins and ends with a simple approach invitation and I do not get those yet. So I'm not ready for that article. Maybe you are.

Shake&Bake

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
There are plenty of articles on this website. E.g.

For me, however, this all begins and ends with a simple approach invitation and I do not get those yet. So I'm not ready for that article. Maybe you are.
I tried that method. It didnt work for me unfortunately

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
This is mistake I feel that I made in highschool and alot of guys make as well when it comes to other guys.

I grew up a long time thinking that most men didnt get women because they didnt try. But I find out through time how unbelievably untrue it was. Guys do try alot!Its just that their efforts most of the time are futile because most male dating advice in the general public is extremely confusing and cliche
That's a fair point! But the problem with most dating advice, in my opinion, is that they make you into a nice guy/white knight/friendzoner. That doesn't mean not being able to talk to a girl at all, but it won't make her horny for you.

If you are finding it hard to talk to women at all, and bridge the gap to begin with, it's more just people skills you need to learn. Conversation is fundamental, being calm and smiling in social interactions, being able to ask interesting questions about another person is key to making friends with both men and women.

What many guys don't realize is that seduction is a thin layer of icing on top of a thick cake of people skills. If a guy cannot hold a pleasant interaction with all kinds of people, it's going to be hard for him to get laid. The things that make it seductive - eye contact held a moment longer than necessary, a teasing smile, a fleeting, admiring glance at her hair or lips, an incidental touch that may not have been incidental, an innuendo that might just be her imagination - these things are like salt on the meat of the interaction, just a tiny amount changes the taste entirely from boring to delicious, and a little too much makes it inedible.

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Shake&Bake someone wrote an article today just for you!

dark hawk

Space Monkey
space monkey
I've been locked at beginner stage for so unbelievably long that the last thing I want to do is spend more years on it
Dude I understand how frustrating it can be when it hasn't been working out for you, and I wish there was some quick fix method or a magic bullet that would set everything straight...I suggest you pay more attention to your basics and most importantly get a mentor or a wingman to with you on the field, who can provide feedback and tips so that you can improve. Until now there is a good chance you have messing up the fundamentals...a mentor will find that mistake and help you with it....Stick with the basics and once you have them down you can rewrite the rules..
Cheers

>