FunkMaster69

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey guys! I haven't been on in a while, but I had a question, but first here's some context.

So I read these articles and I think they're great. But I forget a lot of the stuff I read... but I wanna master this stuff. I think it would be cool if there was one article that gave a great overview, something that I can take on my phone and read really quick before I go out to refresh my memory or to just teach a friend who needs this stuff quickly. So there's this technique that is amazing for learning new material/ skills called the Feynman technique. You can google it... but the gist of it is this: Grab a piece of paper, make the title the skills or subject that your trying to learn, and basically simplify the concepts and imagine that your teaching it to a child, but you only have this 1 page/ article.

This is the official step by step that you can find.
  • Step 1: Grab a sheet of paper and write the name of the concept at the top. You can use pretty much any concept or idea – even though the technique is named after Feynman, it’s not limited solely to math and science.
  • Step 2: Explain the concept in your own words as if you were teaching it to someone else. Focus on using plain, simple language. Don’t limit your explanation to a simple definition or a broad overview; challenge yourself to work through an example or two as well to ensure you can put the concept into action.
  • Step 3: Review your explanation and identify the areas where you didn't know something or where you feel your explanation is shaky. Once you’ve pinpointed them, go back to the source material, your notes, or any examples you can find in order to shore up your understanding.
  • Step 4: If there are any areas in your explanation where you’ve used lots of technical terms or complex language, challenge yourself to re-write these sections in simpler terms. Make sure your explanation could be understood by someone without the knowledge base you believe you already have.

The idea is that if you can't explain it simply, you have not mastered the subject.

Now this is very big website so you can't really boil everything down in one article, but I would love to see just 1 for pickup/ meeting new women, 1 for bar game, and 1 for relationships. I know you could go on and make many more about fashion, hairstyles, and other more specific subjects, but these are the three that I think would be the best. I'm at best an intermediate, and I'm all about getting a gfs and long term relationships/ marriage so someone else should do the pickup and bar game ones. For the pick up one, something in addition to 'move faster' and 'approach approach approach' would be cool. For the relationship one, someone else should take the lead and I'll add on as much as I can.

I'm pretty tired rn so I'll add more later on, but here's my contributions.

Relationships:

- Stick to two... I know there's a lot of people that can successfully pull off polyamorous relationships, but if your looking for the one, it's best to stick to just you two and here's why. Girls are a lot more romantic than us... and in every romantic movie they see, it's just two people living happily ever after. In all of their fantasies, there's only two of them and a couple of kids so don't even joke about it. Sex is a different field and depending on the gal, take risks because a lot of women are bisexual. I've never heard of any of them that actually want to live like Mormons tho...

- ATENTION ATTENION ATTENTION! Women love Attention. Even your mom... If you don't give it to her, she'll find someone else who will.

- Be Spontaneous!... to a lot of women, a spontaneous date > a planned normal date will always be true. Buy her flowers sometime. Surprise her... don't wait until Valentines day.

- Breakups: If you break up once, then forever end the relationship because it's never worth it. TRUST ME ON THIS. Imagine that your relationship is a vase. Once it's broken, it's a million times easier and better to go go get a new one, rather than to pickup the pieces and cut/ hurt yourself while attempting to rebuild it... remember that you broke up for a reason. There are very few cases where a breakup should be mended. The only one that I can think of would be Lily and Marshal from How I Met Your Mother. In contrast, Robin and Ted should have stopped after the 1st time... seriously it was more obsession, rather than love.

- Role models for relationships:
*Marshal and Lily are very cheesy but they make for good role models. Marshal could have been a little more masculine though.
*Chandler and Monica from friends was also a very good one. Chandler kept his balls, and got all that he wanted from that relationship. NEVER EVER BE ROSS> HIS LIFE IS SAD AND PATHETIC. TED TOO at the beginning but he gets better at the end when he met Tracy. That was a good couple! Learn from this show. NEVER BE FREINDS WITH AN EX...
*Tony and Pepper from Marvel Avengers is the best one that I can think of. Tony is masculine, yet he balances it with a little bit of feminine energy with the help of Pepper.

This is where ima back off and let the experts weigh in...

As Always,
Stay Funky!

Last edited:
>