Sacrifice The Lamb

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
1200px-Ghent_Altarpiece_D_-_Lamb.jpg

Readers of YaReally’s archive may remember a concept he called “Sacrifice The Lamb” as a way to beat Approach Anxiety and get yourself in state (social mood) pretty quick.

The way it'd work is, right before approaching a girl, you’d approach viewing her as the metaphorical ‘lamb’ you’d be sacrificing to the PUA gods, so that in return they'd bless you with state. Meaning, by treating this girl as a sacrifice, the pressure (to pull, to have the set go ‘smoothly’, to not ‘fuck it up’ ) gets lifted off from your shoulders, giving yourself freedom to totally fuck around and get loose.

And its great. It works. I used it this past Saturday successfully. But I wanted to talk about some nuances, so that you can make it work for you in the best way possible :)

In my experience there’s one thing that consistently gets me in state. And that is: approaching a really hot girl that intimidates me and having a conversation with her. Simple. But easier said than done lol.

So here’s how we are gonna use the “sacrificing the lamb” mindset to make this really easy.

We’ll tackle the first one. Approaching a really hot girl.

But first let's look to the main reasons why you may be passing up on hot girls in the first place:
  • You fear she'll reject you (cause she’s super hot and ur not).
  • You can't think of anything to open with (I know how annoying it is, when someone says, "bro just say hi" i share your pain lol).
  • Not in state (so even IF you have a canned opener, you can’t bring yourself to just say it, cause you're not in a social mood or now you think the canned opener is shit, and you want to think of something better to open with.
And you have these reasons because you don't view her as a warm up set (a set that doesn't even count). You see her as a real set (a girl you might be able to take home, cause she’s really hot obvi). So you end up not wanting to fuck it up ----> leads to passing her up.

So now instead of viewing her as a real set, see her as the lamb you’ll be sacrificing to be blessed with state. The goal when you are not in state is to get in state. You see a hot girl, you think, "yes perfect there’s my lamb".

Now does it have to be a hot girl?

From my experience I will say ya. This Saturday I approached a cop for conversation about directions and then the election for state but it didn’t do much for me in terms of state. It was only when I approached a girl that intimidated me, and had a conversation with her, that I got state from her.

Keeping with the sacrifice the lamb theme, you’ll notice in some movies, they need a specific body, or blood from a specific person for whatever they’re trying to do to work. So we need to sacrifice a hot girl. The PUA gods want to bless you, but they need a hottie. Not a fattie :p

....And then you can keep doing this when you fall out of state.

To help EVEN further with not viewing her as a real set, I recommend having separate opening stacks (an opener and a follow up to that opener) for each of them.

One opening stack for 'sacrifice the lamb' sets.
And one stack for 'real' sets.

This way, when you're not in state, and you see a hot girl, you run your 'sacrifice the lamb' opening stack
then when you're in state, and you see a hot girl, run you 'real' set stack.

Now those 3 main reasons for not approaching hot girls (she might reject me, can’t think of anything, not in state) go away.

Ok now lets move on to the second part of what consistently gets me in a social mood: having a conversation.

I want to quote a comment from my good friend, @Train, that I’ve found has been happening with me quite often, when I run my indirect-direct (which as some of you know, starts with me asking for directions) opener when not in state:

I went to a strip mall. My task was to ask 3 cute girls the time. A blonde girl was walking my direction. I miss that chance. But then I spot another cute girl walking a few steps behind her. Quickly, I just pounce (metaphorically). "Excuse me, do you know what time it is?" She's a bit taken back since it was a bit sudden. But she checks her phone, sweetly tells me. Then I thank her and go.
That felt great! It was a rush! I wanted to do more. So I head to the local college campus. On the prowl (metaphorically) for cute girls. The time keepers. I am walking and spot a blonde from afar. I walk towards the sidewalk so our paths cross. She smiles at me. I almost let her walk past when I ask her the time. She gives it to me! Another approach, check.
This is the trouble with asking for something (time, directions, help with something) openers. It's that it's TOO easy to just get what you asked for and then bounce when your not in state/feeling anxious. And think that it helps in terms of getting loose just because you are approaching sets. It doesn’t.

You need to stay in and have a conversation with them for a bit is what I find that works.

So its, see hot girl -> sacrifice the lamb opener -> follow up to the opener (this is just me, but I find what works with regards to the follow up is to just ask/accuse her of making shit up/lying to you) + a logistics question (ex: what are you up to right now?). That’s it! And listen even if you run out of things to say, you find yourself starting to get really nervous after 30 seconds of conversation (even if she’s receptive to you lol (and hey it should go without saying, but if she’s receptive and you’re NOT nervous, then by all means keep going, and treat her as a 'real' set), then you're good. you did your job. Notice how you feel now :)

And If that 'lamb' blows you out before you've got a chance to have a conversation with her (just some 10-30 second back and forth is good enough), find another 'lamb'. Rinse Repeat.

Ok that's it. Happy hunting :)

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Interesting analogy. It just sucks tho that if you're not warmed up and in a social state already the set with first hot girl you approach will likely be a waste if you're already nervous,not super smooth/relaxed and forcing yourself to go talk to her.

You don't wanna fuck it up because if you approach her and she doesn't return interest or at worst you make a fool out of yourself you lose out on her maybe forever,but if you don't approach her you still lose her because the odds of seeing her and trying when you're in a better social state is low especially in a big city. Unless she's someone you see consistently in the same area like the gym.

Nyc always has hot cute girls to replace the one girl you used as a "lamb",but man it sucks cuz that first one you didn't want to give that lamb up you was trying to eat that lamb for yourself lol. But you gotta suck it up I guess.

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Cool, I didn't even realize this was happening but reading your post has just made me realize that my state is always way better and approach anxiety seems to get killed after having a good conversation with a hot chick even if it doesn't lead to anything, but that it doesn't seem to work when I start out talking to old people for instance.

whoami

Space Monkey
space monkey
1200px-Ghent_Altarpiece_D_-_Lamb.jpg

Readers of YaReally’s archive may remember a concept he called “Sacrifice The Lamb” as a way to beat Approach Anxiety and get yourself in state (social mood) pretty quick.

The way it'd work is, right before approaching a girl, you’d approach viewing her as the metaphorical ‘lamb’ you’d be sacrificing to the PUA gods, so that in return they'd bless you with state. Meaning, by treating this girl as a sacrifice, the pressure (to pull, to have the set go ‘smoothly’, to not ‘fuck it up’ ) gets lifted off from your shoulders, giving yourself freedom to totally fuck around and get loose.

And its great. It works. I used it this past Saturday successfully. But I wanted to talk about some nuances, so that you can make it work for you in the best way possible :)

In my experience there’s one thing that consistently gets me in state. And that is: approaching a really hot girl that intimidates me and having a conversation with her. Simple. But easier said than done lol.

So here’s how we are gonna use the “sacrificing the lamb” mindset to make this really easy.

We’ll tackle the first one. Approaching a really hot girl.

But first let's look to the main reasons why you may be passing up on hot girls in the first place:
  • You fear she'll reject you (cause she’s super hot and ur not).
  • You can't think of anything to open with (I know how annoying it is, when someone says, "bro just say hi" i share your pain lol).
  • Not in state (so even IF you have a canned opener, you can’t bring yourself to just say it, cause you're not in a social mood or now you think the canned opener is shit, and you want to think of something better to open with.
And you have these reasons because you don't view her as a warm up set (a set that doesn't even count). You see her as a real set (a girl you might be able to take home, cause she’s really hot obvi). So you end up not wanting to fuck it up ----> leads to passing her up.

So now instead of viewing her as a real set, see her as the lamb you’ll be sacrificing to be blessed with state. The goal when you are not in state is to get in state. You see a hot girl, you think, "yes perfect there’s my lamb".

Now does it have to be a hot girl?

From my experience I will say ya. This Saturday I approached a cop for conversation about directions and then the election for state but it didn’t do much for me in terms of state. It was only when I approached a girl that intimidated me, and had a conversation with her, that I got state from her.

Keeping with the sacrifice the lamb theme, you’ll notice in some movies, they need a specific body, or blood from a specific person for whatever they’re trying to do to work. So we need to sacrifice a hot girl. The PUA gods want to bless you, but they need a hottie. Not a fattie :p

....And then you can keep doing this when you fall out of state.

To help EVEN further with not viewing her as a real set, I recommend having separate opening stacks (an opener and a follow up to that opener) for each of them.

One opening stack for 'sacrifice the lamb' sets.
And one stack for 'real' sets.

This way, when you're not in state, and you see a hot girl, you run your 'sacrifice the lamb' opening stack
then when you're in state, and you see a hot girl, run you 'real' set stack.

Now those 3 main reasons for not approaching hot girls (she might reject me, can’t think of anything, not in state) go away.

Ok now lets move on to the second part of what consistently gets me in a social mood: having a conversation.

I want to quote a comment from my good friend, @Train, that I’ve found has been happening with me quite often, when I run my indirect-direct (which as some of you know, starts with me asking for directions) opener when not in state:

This is the trouble with asking for something (time, directions, help with something) openers. It's that it's TOO easy to just get what you asked for and then bounce when your not in state/feeling anxious. And think that it helps in terms of getting loose just because you are approaching sets. It doesn’t.

You need to stay in and have a conversation with them for a bit is what I find that works.

So its, see hot girl -> sacrifice the lamb opener -> follow up to the opener (this is just me, but I find what works with regards to the follow up is to just ask/accuse her of making shit up/lying to you) + a logistics question (ex: what are you up to right now?). That’s it! And listen even if you run out of things to say, you find yourself starting to get really nervous after 30 seconds of conversation (even if she’s receptive to you lol (and hey it should go without saying, but if she’s receptive and you’re NOT nervous, then by all means keep going, and treat her as a 'real' set), then you're good. you did your job. Notice how you feel now :)

And If that 'lamb' blows you out before you've got a chance to have a conversation with her (just some 10-30 second back and forth is good enough), find another 'lamb'. Rinse Repeat.

Ok that's it. Happy hunting :)

Went through the archives to find original post but couldn't. Happen to have a link?

Btw do you do this by saying something stupid to try and get "blown out" or do you talk normally just to be social?

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
@whoami
Went through the archives to find original post but couldn't. Happen to have a link?

Btw do you do this by saying something stupid to try and get "blown out" or do you talk normally just to be social?
I dont got a link for you, but he mentioned it I'm passing as a way to take pressure off when your out of state.

As far as trying to get blown out or talk normally, it's a mix. I don't like the term "trying to get blown out" anyway, cause that's like saying to a girl, "hey i just wanted to say, you the ugliest girl I've ever seen." That will for sure get you blown out, but as far as state wise, I dont know. Field test it if you want, but I prefer saying shit that makes you laugh. And not worrying about the outcome, cause this set doesnt count anyway.

YaReally on this:

When you're out of state, if you say stuff that’s funny to YOU, for the sake of amusing yourself, even if the girl blows you out, it doesn’t affect you because the very act of saying the thing you said, boosted you're state slightly. But you have to know what makes you always laugh, even in a shitty state. Like at 1:10 in that video, when they’re making the students explain what Julien finds funny, watch Julien’s face. It’s pretty much unreactive until the student FINALLY says flat out “ummm…like incest stuff”, watch Julien’s face he busts out laughing because he can’t help it. Now that won’t make EVERYONE laugh but for JULIEN it cracks him up even if he’s in a shitty mood. You’ll see this in his videos a lot when he tells stories or things he says in the field, he’ll crack himself up as he’s just quoting himself. Because he’s saying stuff that’s very specifically tuned to his sense of humor…so regardless of whether the girl reacts well or is getting value or what, he’s boosting his state. Like again at 3:00 in that video the student starts to believe him and he keeps it going until he finally cracks up and is legitimately laughing and in a better state just because he’s saying stuff that self-amuses. But what a lot of guys do is focus on what they think the girl will laugh at or they try to say stuff that works when they’re in state but isn’t really amusing to them so out of state it flops VS figuring out what you legitimately can’t help but smile and chuckle to yourself about when you think about it.

As an opener, I prefer going with directions first to open for the reasons I talked about in this thread (VS situational spike openers outside of clubs/bars).

Then as the conversation gets going, I follow the generic filtering principle (pay attention to what they're saying or doing or what's happening in the environment, and filter it into something funny). Which means freestyling. Then have some set-up questions (dont worry too much about setting frames like the article suggests right now, cause we just warming up at this point) for more freestyling opportunities (some that use is "so what are you up to right now?", "hey I just bought this (shirt, jacket, pants, anything you wearing right now), what do you think of them?")

whoami

Space Monkey
space monkey
@whoami

I dont got a link for you, but he mentioned it I'm passing as a way to take pressure off when your out of state.

As far as trying to get blown out or talk normally, it's a mix. I don't like the term "trying to get blown out" anyway, cause that's like saying to a girl, "hey i just wanted to say, you the ugliest girl I've ever seen." That will for sure get you blown out, but as far as state wise, I dont know. Field test it if you want, but I prefer saying shit that makes you laugh. And not worrying about the outcome, cause this set doesnt count anyway.

YaReally on this:

When you're out of state, if you say stuff that’s funny to YOU, for the sake of amusing yourself, even if the girl blows you out, it doesn’t affect you because the very act of saying the thing you said, boosted you're state slightly. But you have to know what makes you always laugh, even in a shitty state. Like at 1:10 in that video, when they’re making the students explain what Julien finds funny, watch Julien’s face. It’s pretty much unreactive until the student FINALLY says flat out “ummm…like incest stuff”, watch Julien’s face he busts out laughing because he can’t help it. Now that won’t make EVERYONE laugh but for JULIEN it cracks him up even if he’s in a shitty mood. You’ll see this in his videos a lot when he tells stories or things he says in the field, he’ll crack himself up as he’s just quoting himself. Because he’s saying stuff that’s very specifically tuned to his sense of humor…so regardless of whether the girl reacts well or is getting value or what, he’s boosting his state. Like again at 3:00 in that video the student starts to believe him and he keeps it going until he finally cracks up and is legitimately laughing and in a better state just because he’s saying stuff that self-amuses. But what a lot of guys do is focus on what they think the girl will laugh at or they try to say stuff that works when they’re in state but isn’t really amusing to them so out of state it flops VS figuring out what you legitimately can’t help but smile and chuckle to yourself about when you think about it.

As an opener, I prefer going with directions first to open for the reasons I talked about in this thread (VS situational spike openers outside of clubs/bars).

Then as the conversation gets going, I follow the generic filtering principle (pay attention to what they're saying or doing or what's happening in the environment, and filter it into something funny). Which means freestyling. Then have some set-up questions (dont worry too much about setting frames like the article suggests right now, cause we just warming up at this point) for more freestyling opportunities (some that use is "so what are you up to right now?", "hey I just bought this (shirt, jacket, pants, anything you wearing right now), what do you think of them?")

Love that. How relevant, I'm in NYC too. Your opener thread was great, it reminded me that in the past I did open with "Hey do you know where (insert thing that is behind them or area we are both in already) is? I love stupid humour like this.

>