Tested out doing a call kinda good results

BigBigBigdaddy

Space Monkey
space monkey
So I got this super unsolid number from this girl (did not set up the date on the spot, she seemed like she wasn't too into me, etc) I do my standard "it was fun to chat with you" and she did respond immediately. BUTTTT I could just feel that while the response was positive It was not going to go anywhere. Case and point: I texted her two days later with another text from this website with the standard stuff and took her the entire day to respond. She sent another very nice message but not something you would do if a girl was into you and she completely dodged the question on what she was doing this week.

So sensing this and thinking "fuck it I don't really have much to lose. She's probably going to go cold in like 2-3 texts so might as well do something different" I decided to make this a play around set and experiment with some techniques that are in "how to text and call a girl" on this website. I wait 2 days and call her around 9 pm and this is the result:

Calling (total duration like 6 minutes)

1 ring and she picks up but doesn't say anything. Spend like 15 seconds to 30 seconds not talking.
me: Hello?
Her: Hello
m: Hey is this (girls name?)
Her: Yes
m: Hey how ya doin today?
Her: Good...(a little bit of a pause) I was just working on work grading papers some papers all day.
m: Ah ok is this a good time to call?
H: Well yea I was just speaking to my mom right before you called and grading. Im sorry but who are you?

(This threw me off. Was not expecting her to forget me this quick.)

m: Im BigBigBigdaddy we met a couple of days ago.
h: Right BigBigBigdaddy (something positive about the interaction)
m: Haha well Im glad I left a good impression.
h: Yes how are you doing? How was your day?
m: Good I (tell a story about how I got free money from a dude when I was out doing sets.)
h: Wow thats cool (tries to bound over story)
m: Yea totally agree. So what did you have to eat today? Some mexican food?
h: No I did not have mexican food I had some chinese food (kinda figured as she was chinese but didn't want to just say that)
m: Ooooooo what type of chinese food? Hope it wasn't (name a dish I cant hope to spell)?
h: No I just had some chinese food that I got from uber.
m: Oh so you like to use UBER a lot?
h: When I am not busy and don't want to cook?
m: So I gotta ask you are a good cook?
h: why are you asking that?
m: Well when people don't like to cook they are pretty lousy cooks themselves so it kinda makes sense.
h: I see. Well I like to cook
m: So that means your going to cooking for thanksgiving this year right?
h: No im just going to see whats in the fridge haha.
M: Haha is that your typical thanskgiving plans?
h: Well im not from this country so I don't really celebrate thanksgiving. I mean why would I? Wbu what are your thanksgiving plans?
m: cool im gonna be thinking about making a roast this year. Cant really go visit my family cuz of the covid so we decided to have a virtual thanskgiving this year.
h: thats nice.
m: Yea I obviously want to see my family but I don't see it happening this year.
h: Yea well I was just speaking to my mom so I'm gonna to go back to that but ill call/text you later.
m: Yea totally see ya later!
call ends.

After this I thought that was it. So I started writing this post thinking that the main take a way was how uncalibrated this call was and then as I was finishing up she texted me a big long text apologizing for ending the call, being awkward on the call, and asked me some more questions about myself. I haven't responded yet and I am unsure if Ill respond today but I wanted to write this up.

Things that went well:
I was able to make the call and for the first like 1-2 minutes it was good.
I did find out her weekend plans and know she isn't doing anything on thanksgiving day.
I mean I did too much but my qualifications of her were not bad.
It seemed to have changed something in her as the text after was a really good sign.

Things I did bad:
I panicked after she did not remember me and because I panicked it caused a lot of issues. I did not set up the timer for myself (like saying im gonna go soon for x reason) so that I could end the call on my terms. Instead she ended the call. Then I got into a loop where she was obviously not wanting to talk and I just kept asking questions after questions to push the conversation along.

There was so much awkwardness. So much and I know she apologized for it but I could not feel anything but be like there were so many ways I could've make this situation so much smoother. Like maybe tell more tales about my day or just ended the call sooner I did not have to go into question overload.

Should've set up the calling a little more. Like with the other fellow posters message on how to introduce calling I should've done something similar to that instead of just calling out of the blue.

I did not tell her something new about myself. Again I just got into a loop of keep asking her questions that it didn't come up naturally.

Did not set up a date to meet.

So yea results of my experiment: I guess it worked?

Last edited:
>