Truth about Pre-Opening

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
Just like I did in my previous post I'm gonna pull up several quotes before typing anything (besides this intro....aha)

What is stopping me from talking to the girls who come and stand besides me?

ive asked myself this question many times and im not sure.

sometimes the girls who do this will come in groups of 2-4 and hover near me

but as far as why i do not talk to the girls alone who literally stand besides me and all i have to do is look to my side and say something?

why do i not talk to these girls?

honestly, i do not know.

i guess im scared i will get rejected.

and i guess even though it happens regularly it still catches me by surprise when a girl does this, i never notice them approaching i usually just suddenly feel someone rubbing my shoulder and ill turn and see some girl.
Honestly, now that I've been using pre-openers much more consistently, I have noticed that the girls who just completely blown me off, are the ones who I did not use a pre-opener with for some reason or another
This is not to say that the girls who I pre-opened are not at all trying to get away from me but I noticed a great deal of more hesitation in just trying to get away from me in girls who I pre-opened as compared to girls who I did not pre-open.
For day game, I'll mostly open the girl with a verbal cue, assuming I'm within earshot of her. I may pre-open her beforehand by making eye contact and smiling, and if I get a positive response, follow up with an actual opener (direct/indirect/situational). The nice thing about a pre-opener is that it takes her guard down so you don't risk "scaring" her by opening her in a situation where she wasn't expecting to be opened. She'll be pleasantly surprised if a guy she smiles back at (and probably finds attractive) suddenly walks up to her and introduces himself!
And this exchange between Alex and Smith:
I saw this gorgeous, beautiful girl sitting down, but I made the mistake of looking into her eyes before pre-opening. Clumsily I realized I had to say something...so I went ahead and fumbled it.

"Hey," I said, trying to figure out what the hell to say. "You have extremely...alluring features."
These days, I look into a girl's eye when I'm walking up to her. It's powerful when a man can look into their eyes and is clear in his intent. They know why you're there before you even say hello, so that's what I would like to see you try next time. Combine this with deep breaths so you stay relaxed.
The reason I don't look at girls when I'm walking up to them is because of Chase's articles and recommendations on the subject, which suggest I instead get her to look at me first through pre-opening. I suspect you must be pretty good with eye contact or bold, direct approaches if it's working out for you, which is definitely something to admire!
I used to do the preopen Chase suggested too, but if you're going to give her a compliment right from the start, look at her when you're walking up to her. This is actually what TonySolo from TheNaturalLifestyle taught me. The difference is huge. I've dropped preopening or I have internalized it lol I'm not too sure. I don't consciously think I need to preopen. Sometimes it just happens, and I'll look back and think "oh was that preopen? oh well who cares?". Don't get stuck on the little steps and technicalities. In fact, simplify your process to something like this

1. See a girl. Walk straight up to her and appreciate how beautiful she is as you're walking towards her.
2. Give her a compliment
3. Chat and have a good time. Appreciate who she is as a woman as you deep dive her. (aka qualify her in PUA terms).
4. Find out what she's doing right now so you can either exchange number or go on an instant date.
5. go on a date.
6. invite her home
7. give her orgasms.

That way, you won't freeze and don't know what to do when the girl is into you.
Back in June of this year, Zac bumped an old post from January 2013 for Rakkum.

In it, I noticed Chase wrote in 2013, how if you'd look at a chick. Then look away, you'd trigger her Reticular Activating System to check you out. So that you'd be able to catch her in the act, therefore cementing it in her mind that she checked you out first. From this, she'd then either be disgusted she checked you out or she'll be excited she checked you out.

To this I wrote back to Chase:
interesting. I was under the impression that if you can get a chick to notice you first (via inducing a false approach invitation), and then catch her in the act, it'd be the same as if she'd given you an Approach Invitation. Like she'd give to someone she actually found attractive. But here it looks like, if she doesn't find you attractive, it doesn't really matter if you catch her checking you out.
and then Chase wrote back adding a new category to his original 2013 post:
But that is basically how it goes -- every girl falls into one of three camps:
  1. Girls who would've liked you anyway even if you approached without them noticing you first
  2. Girls who would've shot you down had they not noticed you first... but will accept you if you get them to notice you first
  3. Girls who are going to shoot you down whether they notice you first or not
And its my feeling that it's this new category in the middle, that leads to guy feeling what Alex felt in the quote I bolded above...feeling as if she would've been receptive if only you could've stopped yourself from looking at her first. Which'll only lead to guys, as Smith pointed out, fucking up interactions with chicks that would've been receptive anyway.

While what Pre-Opening's actually is, is just a really nice trick to let you know if she's interested or not, before you open her (if I notice her checking me out/smiling at me/looked down and away after she noticed me, noticing her checking me out, she's interested. Looking at me with disgust, she's not) In effect saving you from getting shot down anyway, had you gone up and approached her without pre-opening.
Getting them to notice first is just a little way to make things a bit easier while saving yourself some rejection hassle
So guys CAN just stand there in the bar, or outside a bar, leaning against a wall or whatever, near chicks. and then notice if any of them check you out, or adjust their body language so that they're now facing you...or coming over and hovering near you. All classic IOIs/Approach Invitations.

The only problem with this, however, and why I quoted SexNotValidation's comment at the start, is that even if the chick your interested in, were to give you IOIs/AIs to your preopening/positioning/hovering, if you're not in the right mood to approach (not warmed up/out of state), then it doesn't matter if she checked you out. You'd still not approach.

So its for this, its more important than pre-opening, to actually BE in the right mood to approach, so that when you notice her checking you out, you can open. That means opening both girls that would've liked you anyway even if you approached without them noticing you first. And girls who are going to shoot you down whether they noticed you first or not....Which shouldn't bother you anyway, as RazorJack once wrote:

Think of someone like James Bond or Brad Pitt approaching a woman. How would he go about it?

Would he be all shy, timid, and worried about this woman accepting him?

No of course not! He knows that if this one doesn’t want him there are plenty of other women that do! So he is just going to approach this person with the intention of finding out if she is the type of woman that he wants.

...so in effect, doing real COLD approach :)

>