Same thing I have heard from girls who have only male friends too.
Things I have noticed about these types, at least from the ones I've known:
- They have sex with any guy, from nerdy guys with zero game to sexy chads. Loosest standards ever
- They're high testosterone and high in sensation-seeking. Tend to fuck ALL their friends
- They are "monogamously challenged"... if they ever try monogamy they describe it as "so hard" and it doesn't last
- They usually prefer LTRs with nice guys or nerdy guys, who they regard as "safer" and less likely to run off doing something else
- They do not really flirt or act sexy in a womanly way. Instead they just hang out with guys buddy-buddy and eventually hook up
- They don't pull it back with guys in relationships -- they will be just as buddy-buddy with these guys as they will unattached guys
- Other girls seem to roundly consider them threats. Probably because most girls are subtle, cautious, indirect, whereas these girls are just super comfortable around guys, really chummy with them, never dialing it down even if other women are possessive/staking a claim, etc.
- If you bring them around girls you are seeing, your girlfriends will IMMEDIATELY suspect you have slept with them (even if you have not)
- My guess is the backstabbing/drama comes from every normal girl looking at how chummy these girls are with guys and suspecting they have just slept with every guy, including the guys the other girls like, or the guys the other girls are dating (and much of the time, the suspicious girls will be right!)
I had a good female friend like this with a master's degree and who was also studying to pass the bar exam. She had a good corporate job and made good money. So it's not a rule that chicks like this will be bad at education or career. In fact all the ones I have known decently well have had good educations and careers -- they're a lot more masculine in prioritizing education/career, IME. Female entrepreneurs I have known have also been a lot more likely to be the high-T "all my friends are guys" types of girl.
The stuff I have seen from them that might look 'toxic' are:
- They really cannot do monogamy. They just aren't built for it
- They really are sleeping with all their guy friends. It's not just suspicion... they actually are! They are more open about it than any kind of girl, but they will still lie about it if they are dating a guy they think can't take it
- They don't have the kind of normal womanly behavior most women engage in. I've refrained from dating any girls like this, but from what I've observed of their relationships it looks a lot like dating a dude with a vagina
- There's really no sensual/flirtatious courtship build-up either. You just hang out with them until you're alone somewhere and they decide "Okay, we can fuck" and you do
I can't imagine wanting a relationship with a girl like this. But so long as you aren't trying to do an LTR where she's supposed to be monogamous to you, they can be pretty fun. You can talk to them about stuff you cannot talk to normal women about... e.g., my good female "all my friends are guys" friend thought it was so great, my involvement with the pickup community, back when I still talked about that sometimes with women... every 'normal' chick who knew about it hated it.
They're not really any good as wingwomen IME, just because other women seem to find them so threatening... the girl is SO chummy and familiar with you, how can any girl compete with THAT?
I do feel bad for the guys who hang around them hoping for relationships. They will actually hook up with those guys, then refuse to enter into an LTR. The guys get really confused. I have seen multiple of their "guys they are fucking" get really frustrated because they're trying to get monogamy from the girl but she's not having it. When they are telling you about how the guy is trying to get them to be monogamous but they told him they just want FWB it's kind of sadly comical, especially if you know the guy and see how salty he is day-to-day (and now you know why!).
So, I would say: if you want monogamy, they may seem toxic. Because they can't really do that.
Otherwise, probably fine I guess... but from what I have seen it's going to be like dating a dude.
Maybe some guys are into that. I always see guys complaining about why women are so frustrating, so annoying, why can't they be more direct, they don't want to put up with female BS anymore... these high-T chicks are possibly the ideal woman for such a man (* with a little asterisk that they won't be exclusive relationships. Depending on the guy, that price of admission might well be worth it for him to not have to put up with other womanly behaviors he can't stand).