How to pick up bookstore clerks

Whiteheart

Space Monkey
space monkey
First to greet everybody. There is one girl that works as bookstore clerk, that I like. I had some previous experience with retail store workers but don't have much with bookstore clerks.
My previous experience with female hired guns:
In fact I had some experience gaming female hired guns. But until now it were mostly retail store female workers. I would wait until we are alone in store, see if she is talkative and if she is then I would game her with standard game and ask her out. She would say yes or no. Relatively simple.
BUT problem with bookstores are much more complex. Often bookstore clerk is not alone in bookstore and there are 2+ bookstore clerks near her. Also, often she is busy helping other people searching for books. Bookstores are also small so direct rejection can gain negative social proof.
My past experiences with female bookstore clerks:
They were in various ranges of showed signals of interest - from completely uninterested to flirty to somewhat interested. In one situation when there were not much crowd in bookstore, I talked a lot with one clerk. We talked about some specific books and I saw that she liked topic and enjoyed conversation. Also, other times when I would come she remembered me. I didn’t ask her out because she was not good looking, and I wasn’t completely sure if she is into me. Problem with ugly girls is that they have inferiority complex so at some point of courtship they are more trouble than they are worth.
Why I ask about how to pick up female bookstore clerks:
There was one female bookstore clerk that I like. We talked very litte when I was last time (2-3 weeks ago), so I couldn’t decide if she likes me. It seemed we are each others type but I am not sure due to short conversation. Bookstore is small, and there are 3-4 clerks which makes things harder. I would like to ask her out. My ego is not problem and I don’t care about rejection. Anyway I would like to avoid negative social proof because I may sometimes come again in that bookstore. I don’t go often there because it is on the other part of town.
Reconsideration of tactics I would use:
I thought to ask her to help me about some books, and then use my fundamentals, nonverbal tech and maybe verbal (if she is not in hurry). Then on my telephone I would tip message: “Are you interested to (facultative) go to coffee with me sometimes”? And show her telephone screen.
In this situation I don’t have much time to use regular tech like deep diving, sex talk, cocky lines, i.e. to have good conversation and then to ask her on high note as it is recommendable.
Did anyone have experience in situation like this? What do you suggest me to do? Any advice or even critics are welcome.

Derek da man

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Can't say I've asked a book store clerk out but I have asked record store assistant out, was a few years ago. It was a small independent store so not large and her boss was always nearby assisting others and running cash register. As you already figured I asked her to help me find a particular record and she came out into the store to show me which she did, asked her a couple of questions about where other things would be and she was making good eye contact and smiling so I asked her what time she got off for lunch, she told me probably about 20 minutes depending on her boss so I invited her to come join me in the coffee shop 2 doors along.

She didn't commit so I left it open and she went back to the counter. I perused records for a few minutes, made a selection and when I paid for them she was still smiling and making good eye contact so I said "look forward to seeing you soon" so her boss wouldn't know my real meaning, smiled again and left. She met me in the coffee shop shortly after. If she hadn't shown up within 20 minutes or so of her lunch break I would just have enjoyed my coffee and gone on with my day.

Whiteheart

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks, any advice on how to game bookstore workers are welcome. When I was writting about bookstore clerk I was also thinking on bookstore assistant. Girls often shift positions so one day she is bookstore clerk and some other day she is bookstore assistant. Just, to make it clear: you didn't use deep diving, sex talk or some other verbal tech? You two just had light conversation i.e. chitchat before you asked her out? Just ask to be sure, because depending on number of people in bookstore, sometimes it is not the place where man can verbally game girl much and easy can come across as try hard guy.

Last edited:

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
First to greet everybody. There is one girl that works as bookstore clerk, that I like. I had some previous experience with retail store workers but don't have much with bookstore clerks.
My previous experience with female hired guns:
In fact I had some experience gaming female hired guns. But until now it were mostly retail store female workers. I would wait until we are alone in store, see if she is talkative and if she is then I would game her with standard game and ask her out. She would say yes or no. Relatively simple.
BUT problem with bookstores are much more complex. Often bookstore clerk is not alone in bookstore and there are 2+ bookstore clerks near her. Also, often she is busy helping other people searching for books. Bookstores are also small so direct rejection can gain negative social proof.
My past experiences with female bookstore clerks:
They were in various ranges of showed signals of interest - from completely uninterested to flirty to somewhat interested. In one situation when there were not much crowd in bookstore, I talked a lot with one clerk. We talked about some specific books and I saw that she liked topic and enjoyed conversation. Also, other times when I would come she remembered me. I didn’t ask her out because she was not good looking, and I wasn’t completely sure if she is into me. Problem with ugly girls is that they have inferiority complex so at some point of courtship they are more trouble than they are worth.
Why I ask about how to pick up female bookstore clerks:
There was one female bookstore clerk that I like. We talked very litte when I was last time (2-3 weeks ago), so I couldn’t decide if she likes me. It seemed we are each others type but I am not sure due to short conversation. Bookstore is small, and there are 3-4 clerks which makes things harder. I would like to ask her out. My ego is not problem and I don’t care about rejection. Anyway I would like to avoid negative social proof because I may sometimes come again in that bookstore. I don’t go often there because it is on the other part of town.
Reconsideration of tactics I would use:
I thought to ask her to help me about some books, and then use my fundamentals, nonverbal tech and maybe verbal (if she is not in hurry). Then on my telephone I would tip message: “Are you interested to (facultative) go to coffee with me sometimes”? And show her telephone screen.
In this situation I don’t have much time to use regular tech like deep diving, sex talk, cocky lines, i.e. to have good conversation and then to ask her on high note as it is recommendable.
Did anyone have experience in situation like this? What do you suggest me to do? Any advice or even critics are welcome.

I'm gonna step over the 3 big issues in this

1) Scarcity - hitting on sitting ducks
2) It's no longer a cold approach (it's more social circle than cold approach)
3) Potential One-Itis (along with #2, you're trying to seduce a girl that you sort of know already, thinking you can apply finesse afterwards)

Conceptually

With any "girl at work" is that you have to break her out of worker bee mode and into girl having fun mode, girl with no issues mode.

The Objective Social Dynamics

She has to act a certain way
Customers are looking at her, might think she's easy/cheap/slutty simply because you're talking to her and she's reacting.
Customers are looking at you, might think you're being a creep
Male Co-Workers - might white knight
Female Co-Workers - are gonna notice that she's spending 2 nanoseconds more with a customer than normal
Mgmt/Security - are watching you and her, and enforcing the customer/employee relationship.

Her Mental Dynamics

Even if know one is watching the two of you, SHE MIGHT THINK THEY ARE.

Procedurally

In these situations, I have a few options

1) Rap to her discretely where no one can see.

2) Rap to her discretely where no one can see, but suggest this be our little secret. (I don't want these other girls to be in your business). A lot more game elements.

3) Hide in Plain Sight - talk to everyone at the bookstore, and just play normal club game if there's an audience. Then isolate and number grab.

4) Proper day game - rap to her, agree to something cool AFTER HER SHIFT. (or show up late and do the same)

5) Rap to her, tell her something cool/low pressure that day, scoop her up after work.

In all cases, I want her to know, I'm interested in her romantically/sexually by the time numbers are exchanged. And there will be no attempt at exchange until I know she's on the same page as me. (MM speak, I need Female to Male Attraction before I give Male to Female attraction)

What I would not do.

I would not grab her number. I would not build attraction over text and get her to agree to a later date.

Building attraction via text is difficult. And getting commitment for a date is even harder. It's not impossible. All of us do it. We use callback humor/emotions/nicknames to do so.

But it's not as good as having her in front of you and making it happen. Not because you want to be big dog alpha same day lay guy - but because girls are just easier to deal with when you're talking to them face to face. Back in the day SNL was nice. These days, if you don't SDL/SNL you might not get another shot. And even if you get the first night bang, you might not get a 2nd chance even if you knock it out of the park.

I would not bait and switch on her
. I'm not going to talk to her about her Harry Potter alt theory. The change up can happen in person, but it feels different on text.

My take, hopefully others will speak on shop girl. (and the diff btwn shop girl and hired gun)

WIA

Whiteheart

Space Monkey
space monkey
That is good idea! If I understood the essence of advices you and Derek da man mentioned, some instant date is the best idea. Maybe little chitchat before ask. I will listen your advice to not ask for her number for later classic date. It was my idea at first but looks like it was smart thing that I asked on forum before I enter into this adventure. If everybody agree I though that maybe it is good idea to not ask her verbally for meet up if other people are around but to write it on smartphone "Are you in mood that two of us drink something after work" and show her telephone screen to read it. Maybe this is more discrete? Anyway, I will try also to read her buying temperature, if she seems too clossed off, I won't do anything. Maybe leave it for next time.
In normal situation I would go to that bookstore more often, as I did in retail store and make it as my social circle, wait until store is empty and then ask her out. But this bookstore is in the other part of town so it is not possible for me to go there often.

Last edited:

Derek da man

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Just, to make it clear: you didn't use deep diving, sex talk or some other verbal tech?
Just light conversation about where to find things in store but my conversation was quiet and slow with open questions based on her previous answer each time to show I was listening and only lasted a minute or so - her body language was confident and comfortable with her torso and head remaining locked and facing me square on. She was indicating where things were answering my questions just by indications with her hands. If she wasn't interested or wasn't comfortable she would have had the side of her body facing me with just her head turned towards me so she could make a quick get away if she felt threatened. Her eye contact was locked on mine with what I call "sexy eyes" when a girls eyes are wetter/more moist, pupils dilate slightly and eye brows slightly more raised in the centre than normal. Her voice has a slightly higher pitch and warmer than it's normal. It's not something that you should stare at her and look for, if it's there you will likely read it instantly (or within a quarter second) and just know as she has an added sparkle in her look. Also the top she was wearing was off the shoulder one side - showing skin around the neck which is a way that females advertise they are looking for male attention - it's preprogramed in their make up.

Like most body language things there isn't a single sign that means one thing or another - there are always a number of tells together that can give you a reasonably good indicator. Once she is interested it's just a case of giving her the opportunity to come to you - let her chase.

I agree with @West_Indian_Archie above that I wouldn't go for a number grab unless you can extend the conversation long enough that she would want to give you her number and I don't think that's likely in a shop environment.

In my view going for a meeting after her shift takes a lot more comitment on her part as she probably wants to go home after a day at work. However going for a lunch meeting is much more likely. Her usual lunch probably consists of a sandwich and drink in the staff room or back office on her own where as going for a lunch date in the coffee shop round the corner (or whatever) is a much better option.

Just my opinion - doesn't mean any of it is right but it works for me.

Watts

Modern Human
Modern Human
A couple things I'll add:

Picture this.

A man walks into a bookstore while scrolling on his phone. An attractive clerk arranges a couple books in front of a shelf. He enters her awareness radius without a glance in her direction. . . or turning his body towards her. The focus behind his eyes oscillates back and forth, between his phone and the titles of various books right in front of him. He notices her finally. Then asks the stunning girl. . . where he could find books from a specific author.

I'm sitting here reading Alfred Adler's Understanding Human Nature right before logging in, and he's describing how there is no such thing as a lack of attention, only attention directed at something else. And that whenever we describe someone as being inattentive, we find that their attention and their will is firmly directed at something else other than what we'd want.

I mention this because giving the girl the time to notice you is an empathetic step that we in our limited egotistical way don't always do.

This author's section rests at another side of the store. . . she offers to walk him there. As they walk he drops in an intriguing reality pace. Maybe something situational about how people wear various masks in society. Like the safety masks on their faces and the "social mask" of customer service. A seduction oriented topic emerges by the time they've reached the vital shelf. . . where he asks her a calibrated question while reaching for a book.

Ditto to letting her make the decision to start to like you, and also to decide to go on a date with you.

So their stimulating conversation continues as they walk back from there to the counter. He asks her out for a coffee. . . while framing this invitation as a gesture of gratitude. . . for her swift help with locating this book he'd heard so much about. She accepts and writes her number on the receipt. . .

To the last point, it's why the more formal direct invitation to a date is less useful than the "gesture of gratitude".

This sort of plausible deniability for why I'm offering to see her again, is kind of baked into my interactions naturally at this point.

I might mix in something funny "Like you know, in case I get the sudden urge to indulge my curiosity with another book, I'd like to have you close by." or in the case of a more socially acceptable place for more direct approaches, I'll probably throw in something genuine and sweet but confident with a slight bit of prolonged eye contact (a mini sort of escalation or "you know, that I know, that you want this dick" lol).

But it's all about feel. Which brings me to my final point.

Perhaps you have what it takes to become this man you just imagined. It starts with learning. . . how to meet smooth. Developing a knack for managing your conversations is also essential to this journey. And while I've included other helpful links in paragraphs above. . . there are aspects of this post I have intentionally left vague. There are a few reasons for that. First because the specifics of what to say there. . . should remain flexible for you and open-to-interpretation. . . based on your understanding of the context. Another very important reason is the fact that you must practice these tools I've mentioned again and again with girls in various daytime venues. . . before bringing this clerk into your cross-hairs. Learn how to walk and run before you try to fly.

Walk and run before you try to fly. It's hard news, but you're going to burn a lot of leads in this. And you're going to constantly get closer and closer to sex, then a girlfriend, etc. while failing at seemingly random points along the way. The now retired but still great YaReally (google him) described it as trying to catch a star and getting closer and closer each time. Also, since you used some Mystery Method terminology, YaReally is a strong advocate of that system as an underpinning to understand seduction, and has a lot of updated thoughts on it.

So if you want my advice for this specific girl, since you've already met her and now you've lost the opportunity to do a true "cold approach", is to actually read whatever book you buy in her presence (make sure it's actually something you'd like), then come back and talk to her about it (in about a month), all while hitting the pavement (or the internet) looking to talk to and seduce other girls, making constant improvements to your skills (and fundamentals as need be). That way you can be a little better each time to meet her, and can move things along with better and better probability of success, in true social circle fashion. Also, be prepared to repeat this process several times (if she truly is that spectacular to you).

But don't be
A) attached to it working right now
or especially
B) attached to this one girl working out

The universe is abundant, and you'd be surprised what starts coming your way once you can reliably open, hook, number close (or f-close!). So just trust that and develop a proper pipeline of leads while systematically working on your skills.

Another aside, from the original post, you should practice flirting with ugly bookstore attendants as well, it's to work that muscle, just don't put the sexual intent behind it. Really, male or female, young or old, you need to learn to banter effectively, so you have that as a reflex for when it matters.

And, to the question of "having experiences likedthis" I have picked up a "hired gun" before and had what @West_Indian_Archie described happen exactly, it was the hostess and her male boss tried to white knight by taking her away and "making sure she was ok" but at that point, she was already into me and she told me immediately when she got back (I asked of course, like "Do you need to go? What was that about?" and she answered directly). I number closed later and met up with her the next night.

Good luck!

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Jesus Christ Man..... Talk about analysis paralysis...

They have these things called Book Clubs. Built in segue for a conversation.

Give yourself a time constraint. Ask her to help you find a certain book on the shelf.

"...I'd love to talk with you more about this, but I'm late for my book club. Could I get your number so we could arrange talk about this over coffee?"

Fish or cut bait dude.

DonGately

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Once I figured out the abundance mentality, the dating/sex world really opened up for me. You can find hot shopgirls anywhere. If you can't isolate her at the store and spit game for 2-5 minutes it's not going to happen [to get her to meet you later]. Better level up first, and most likely, you'll find a better girl while honing those skills.

My real 'game' breakthrough came while I was working this hot, 6', 21y fashion model for a couple months, we'd gone on a few dates but no penetration. I then worked on my game more and found a 19y half-latina girl that had better curves, better personality, sexier, sweeter, and when I closed her after more dates than girl #1, turned out she was absolutely fantastic in bed: submissive, loved BJs, etc. I completely forgot about wanting to bang the model I was so exhausted from banging the regular college girl.

Whiteheart

Space Monkey
space monkey
I agree with this. Discretion is important when picking up hired guns, and game should be improved anyway to get more quality girls from other places. For hired guns, I think that it it the rule: the less people around us, the higher odds she will say yes. Simply asking her out in front of her coworkers makes her unconfortable and doesn't want that they ask later "hey how was on date with that dude". But also there are some girls that they can find this approach very confident and bold which is attractive, so sometimes even her coworkers can influence on her to say yes. Although this is more rare than first possibility. So if she will say yes depends from her, culture and luck.

Yesterday evening I went to doctor to check my ears. There were 3-4 cute nurses on reception. They were on autopilot. When I came to check in and was waiting for doctor, I was flirting and teasing with some of them. Mostly with nurse that collected my data. My strategy was that simply by presenting myself as confident, arousing dude from the beginning, it would break their autopilot, represent me as non conventional, relaxed guy and warm some of them. And 1-2 nurses seemed to be somewhat attracted to me, I saw they were warming up. Then, I went to doctor and when medical examination was finished, I returned back to nurse that seemed the most attracted (she was the one that collected my data so I was interacting with her from the beginning) to pay the bill. There were about 4 people around us. When she gave me the bill, I said jokingly that I won't mind if she also gives me her phone number. She seemed little bit flattered, but also unconfortable (didn't expect that I say that). I didn't really expect that she gave me her number, so when I took and paid the bill, I said goodbye and went out from ordination.
So, I also think that one of strategies in this environment is that man should be relaxed, playfull and if she bites bites, and if she doesn't everything can be treated as a joke.

Last edited:

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Your nurse story reminds me of an experience from college. I was giving blood for the Greek Week Blood drive. The Tech was an older lady, might have had grey hair. She calls over one of the younger techs (Man she was cute in a hot sort of way)....and says "You need to check out the veins on this guy!"

Had I been in this situation now, I would have struck up a conversation with her and gotten her name and number. I'd even do it in front of the Senior tech because she was OBVIOUSLY trying to hook us up...Besides, if i crashed and burned, I'd most likely never see her again.

>