Is game harder than it was 10 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I never said that, no. You (and Gunwitch) likely approach only solo girls/seated sets/archetype match/shoot below your SMV level, as stated before. Having daygamed in Columbus and Cincinnati this summer, you're almost 100% running low volume, meaning that you're likely spending the same amount of time per lay as a guy going 1 for 150 anyway.

I never said it was impossible. Yinz need to stop putting words in my mouth.

No one is approaching 30-40 solo tourists a day, by the way. THAT is actually impossible. I know because I live in Miami Beach and I'm lucky to get five a day.

The reason you think it's terrible is that you've been brainwashed by PUA marketing and inflated statistics.

1/10 in daygame would make you among the top ten best in the world. We'll all be waiting.
bro you are talking about 2 different context, again yes the guys here including me do targeted, more strategic approaches so 1 in 10, 1 in 5, 1 in 3 is achievable, they are not sarging at malls at linconl road like you do... get it! diffent context. @Phoenix is at 1 in 17 right now he is a year in...

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
We are saying the same thing, dude less women coming out is not less momentum is a fact, but eventually as ricardous goes out he will make his on opinion that is why the field exists, his question was is game now harder than 10 years ago? the answer is exactly yes on the front end, no on the back end.... (I explained this multiple times)... Main problem women not coming out consistently... can you get laid 3-6 times a month (yes i did it at 46 when i was hunting posted some of the reports in the forum).... as long as women come out, you can not game women if they are not out on the field...

We are saying many of the same things, but you are leaving out a nuance here. You make the claim that women just simply don't go out, whereas I claim it all depends on the circumstances:

- During a reopening phase (i.e. covid numbers going gradually down, and governmental announcements are mostly positive) => women go out.... there is an abundance of women when this happens (this summer and autumn was amazing! - it was back in the good old days! 8 lays on my end in september... and I wasn't even near the shape I was in in 2018!).
- During a closing-down (or locking down) phase (i.e. numbers going up, new variant, and negative governmental announcements, usually involving new restrictions) => less and less women go out: worse ratio and harder to get laid.

My assumptions: once the pandemic stabilizes and sars-cov-19 becomes endemic, things will become more normalized, in the sense that we will avoid the negative effects of covid numbers going too far up, and avoid field-devastating negative governmental announcements that we are experiencing lately.

So you are totally right that the field is as consistent as the pandemic is. In other words, it is not consistent yet. However one cannot make a universal and categorical claim that "women are not going out" because this is a contingent claim at best.

Also, we should not underestimate the negative momentum we all experience from lockdowns and the constant negativity and bad emotions linked to covid (and dreadful governmental announcements). Back this summer, during my first months, I was really struggle to get back in shape. My perception of the field was much more negative when I just started going out again, and once I got back in shape, I realized it was all mostly momentum talk (not everything, but quite a huge chunk of it was...).

I hope this clarifies.

Edit: due to the surge of covid-cases the government shut down the field (nightgame) in France, so I am not going out. Again, things are inconsistent. But during the times where things are normal, it is all good in field. Things will eventually stabilize - especially if the predictions surrounding the omicron-variant holds true - which I have good reasons to believe.
Edit 2: It was 7 and not 8 lays in September... but whatever.

Best,
Teevster

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
We are saying many of the same things, but you are leaving out a nuance here. You make the claim that women just simply don't go out, whereas I claim it all depends on the circumstances:

- During a reopening phase (i.e. covid numbers going gradually down, and governmental announcements are mostly positive) => women go out.... there is an abundance of women when this happens (this summer and autumn was amazing! - it was back in the good old days! 8 lays on my end in september... and I wasn't even near the shape I was in in 2018!).
- During a closing-down (or locking down) phase (i.e. numbers going up, new variant, and negative governmental announcements, usually involving new restrictions) => less and less women go out: worse ratio and harder to get laid.

My assumptions: once the pandemic stabilizes and sars-cov-19 becomes endemic, things will become more normalized, in the sense that we will avoid the negative effects of covid numbers going too far up, and avoid field-devastating negative governmental announcements that we are experiencing lately.

So you are totally right that the field is as consistent as the pandemic is. In other words, it is not consistent yet. However one cannot make a universal and categorical claim that "women are not going out" because this is a contingent claim at best.

Also, we should not underestimate the negative momentum we all experience from lockdowns and the constant negativity and bad emotions linked to covid (and dreadful governmental announcements). Back this summer, during my first months, I was really struggle to get back in shape. My perception of the field was much more negative when I just started going out again, and once I got back in shape, I realized it was all mostly momentum talk (not everything, but quite a huge chunk of it was...).

I hope this clarifies.

Best,
Teevster
yeah totally agree! which is why is a mind fuck, cause is like excellent amazing weekend follow by total shit weekend, yeah i made that point in my post...

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
yeah totally agree! which is why is a mind fuck, cause is like excellent amazing weekend follow by total shit weekend, yeah i made that point in my post...

I went from shagging in avg 1-2 girls a week in August-September... and then to only 1 a week avg in october... and then in November, only 2 (in total, 0,5 avg) girls the whole month. December 0 (due to shutting down the field the 11th of December). Funny how my results correlates with covid-cases and governmental announcements. All results are based on weekends only. I don't really do pick up in the week days (no time).

Just LOL.

But yes it is frustrating... but we gotta enjoy the moments while they last, and stay patient for things to normalize... and they will eventually. I also predict that advanced puas will have the easiest time of their life once the pandemic is over. Looking forward to it (post-crisis eras are always a lot of fun!).

Edit: Clubs in November consisted of 70% men... RIP. whereas in August and September, the ratio was around 50/50, occasionally with more girls than men in clubs (easy day!)

Best,
Teevster

Last edited:

pancakemouse

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
bro you are talking about 2 different context, again yes the guys here including me do targeted, more strategic approaches so 1 in 10, 1 in 5, 1 in 3 is achievable, they are not sarging at malls at linconl road like you do... get it! diffent context. @Phoenix is at 1 in 17 right now he is a year in...
Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Different contexts make comparisons relatively worthless without endless caveating.

1 in 100 looks terrible, until the guy tells you he only approaches supermodels running to nail appointments.
1 in 10 looks great, until the guy tells you he only approaches seated solo tourists who are his exact archetype match who IOI him.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Different contexts make comparisons relatively worthless without endless caveating.

1 in 100 looks terrible, until the guy tells you he only approaches supermodels running to nail appointments.
1 in 10 looks great, until the guy tells you he only approaches seated solo tourists who are his exact archetype match, oh and they're a 5 at best.

Here is a place you should check out which is more a place for you than this forum.

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Wow, awesome discussion here. I'm going to reply a lot more detailed tomorrow, but I just had to take a second to reply to this AWESOME GEM of a post by pancakemouse:
Daygame 1 in 30 is elite tier. Almost no guy is putting up those sort of numbers with proof, and if he is he's only approaching off of IOIs/archetype matching/seated sets/solo tourists and running extremely low volume (low ROI game).

Mystery's "5 for 5", complete bullshit, I don't believe that for a minute. No proof. And if it was it was totally random variance, likely he was dating down and getting extremely lucky. Might have happened once, and the girls certainly weren't hot.

Notice how no one in the community actually publishes transparent stats (except for me).

Naturals never racked up 10-20 lays a month from cold approach. Myth. Again, these guys never published stats and inflated their numbers.
I used to think the highest compliment a PUA could ever receive is "you knew her before right? Wow, that approach looked like you guys already knew each other." Now I realize the highest compliment a PUA could ever receive is: "these feats you and your friends are doing regularly and consistently are so far outside my reality that they might as well be actual magic: I do not believe it is real."

Reminds me of this youtube clip (ironically that guy's screen name is also mouse, just like yours):

By the way I agree that 1 in 30 aren't bad numbers for direct street game. But 1 in 100 is just spam. Those guys should get their skills up some other way before they burn a whole city.

I'm not knocking anyone's game who's doing direct street game and gets 1 in 30. That's not bad game. The whole point is, it's a low probability shot and largely a numbers game, not "pickup artistry". Artful pickup can be FAR more consistent.

For precisely that reason, other ways that massively increase the success ratio are preferred. ALL the best guys I know - off the top of my head Sinn, Mystery, CJ, Bacchus, Teevster, Vision, myself back in the day - all preferred them whenever possible (but were competent at both, as the situation required).

Last edited:

pancakemouse

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I used to think the highest compliment a PUA could ever receive is "you knew her before right? Wow, that approach looked like you guys already knew each other." Now I realize the highest compliment a PUA could ever receive is: "these feats you and your friends are doing regularly and consistently are so far outside my reality that they might as well be actual magic: I do not believe it is real."
Impossible to even have a discussion without context. Provide exact context for supposed feats (rating, location, venue, other intangibles), and we can have a discussion about it, if you'd like.

Otherwise, these are just Paul Bunyan tales.

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Still looks fucking terrible lol.

You know Mystery lives in Hollywood and targets top models and all kinds of celebs yes? With his 5 for 5. Not saying all 5 are like that but some are.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

1 in 10 looks great, until the guy tells you he only approaches seated solo tourists who are his exact archetype match who IOI him.

I kinda get what you are saying but help me out. I think that the guys miss it too.

The translation is missing.

An example is how do you know that he is approaching supermodels running to nail appointments. That's difficult to decipher for anyone. It's hard.

That's number 1.
Number 2 is the "quality" part.
Number 3 is what is considered "good" numbers

z@c+

pancakemouse

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Still looks fucking terrible lol.

You know Mystery lives in Hollywood and targets top models and all kinds of celebs yes? With his 5 for 5. Not saying all 5 are like that but some are.
Lives? Like currently?

No, he lives in Thailand.

That should tell you something about the state of game in 2022.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I went from shagging in avg 1-2 girls a week in August-September... and then to only 1 a week avg in october... and then in November, only 2 (in total, 0,5 avg) girls the whole month. December 0 (due to shutting down the field the 11th of December). Funny how my results correlates with covid-cases and governmental announcements. All results are based on weekends only. I don't really do pick up in the week days (no time).

Just LOL.

But yes it is frustrating... but we gotta enjoy the moments while they last, and stay patient for things to normalize... and they will eventually. I also predict that advanced puas will have the easiest time of their life once the pandemic is over. Looking forward to it (post-crisis eras are always a lot of fun!).

Edit: Clubs in November consisted of 70% men... RIP. Whereas in August and September, the ratio was around 50/50, occasionally with more girls than men in clubs (easy day!)

Best,
Teevster
oh so is not only usa like a i thought, fuck my life... i need to re do the video i made about game then, fuck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Reminds me of this youtube clip (ironically that guy's screen name is also mouse, just like yours):

By the way I agree that 1 in 30 aren't bad numbers for direct street game. But 1 in 100 is just spam. Those guys should get their skills up some other way

How did Davie make it to this forum LOL.

I actually love this youtube channel. That guy is pure entertainment and really skilled at playing bass.

Deadmau5 is a famous producer. And actually I think Deadmau5 is saying that creating his sound is impossible, not actually playing the line (he does say "programming that bass" not "playing that bassline"). That's my impression, since Deadmau5 is known to be an amazing producer.

Best,
Teevster

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Lives? Like currently?

No, he lives in Thailand.

That should tell you something about the state of game in 2022.
Mystery is CURRENTLY traveling the world teaching bootcamps. He's teaching live in field in front of high paying clients in the cities that are known for the hottest and most difficult women in the world. Stockholm, Helsinki, Moscow, St. Petersburg, NewYork, TelAviv, Amsterdam, Tokyo, etc.

By the way he has a new video product out with recordings of the seminar portions of these bootcamps and it is excellent.

EDIT: for everyone's information, pancakemouse is now on my ignore list so I won't see any more posts of his. I've addressed these manosphere type views once now for everyone's benefit and now I will only reply further to posts on the topic of the thread.

Last edited:

Lofty

Modern Human
Modern Human
I could have seen it wrong but I think @Gunwitch said something about going 1 in 20 in the chat. Maybe he will pop in this thread and clear that up.
I didn't intend on posting in this thread and won’t be posting in it any more after this, but as our friend @Gunwitch isn’t on the forum often and only checks the chat when he is, I would like to prevent any misinformation from being spread.

Gun is a 1 in 5 type of daygamer. He's told me this personally, and with the kind of game he runs, we can see why it's this way, too.

Know that 1 in 20 number came from somewhere in the chat, so no worries Warped - again just clarifying to be fair to Gun as he's not only a friend but also a person whose innovations have completely revolutionized the sex lives of many, myself included.

To address something else I saw about him in this thread as well, he doesn’t JUST approach stationary girls. While stationary lone wolves are certainly a useful part of a skilled seducer’s repertoire, he also approaches girls everywhere - from moving targets, to girls in grocery stores, to anywhere else where he may pass a pair of sexy legs.

Lastly, another assertion made in this thread about him only gaming "below SMV girls" or whatever nonsense is also complete KJ considering that Gun is one of THE key proponents of "pickup vs hookup" and teaches REAL influence to drive a girl's state, i.e. seduction.

If any are wondering more about what he does, I recommend checking out SMMA and his articles on the GC site.

Hope that clarifies.

think

Space Monkey
space monkey
They get blown away by shit that back in the days would only grant you a few attraction points. They also do not test as much anymore and their frame-control is just shit. You can bulldoze.

However due to the fact that it is not part of girl's modus operandi to have casual sex with strangers from clubs or bars, more comfort is needed
that's why I want to try "friend zone" game, I haven't gotten around to it since I've been busy, but maybe having a sexual frame + friend zoning yourself might just work these days.

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Alright, back on topic here. A lot to reply to! So I’ll just try to reply to everyone in one big post:

@Skills: thanks for the warm welcome man. Say hi to pureevil for me. He always seemed to have his game together real good too. Also thanks for the links to your posts, I’ve bookmarked them and will check them out.

Your ideas about latin clubs and special events sound great. I’m definitely going to look into those. I have some basic salsa skills too but should probably brush up for this. I’ll see if I can’t fit one night of nightgame per week in… Salsa would be a cool way to do that.

@metalbird: interesting post. Yes, I’m aware of the pendulum swinging back to more traditionalism and conservatism in gen Z. I do believe families are important for a society. But I also think that dating around to find the most suitable partner to start a family with is the best way to do this.

It seems to be the natural order of things and what people instinctively do. Looking back on my own life, I’ve met most of the best girls that would have been good wife material (personality wise, family background etc.) through cold approach, not social circle or church or whatever.

Also agreed on some guys constantly getting hit on by women, I know guys like that. And the yoga thing: A friend of mine from Mystery’s Lounge days recently sent me pics of his girl – more than 20 years his junior and a top model. All he does is teach yoga and spit a great game. Boom!

@Warped Mindless: it seems that for most guys (those who are part of the status quo, spend most their time on apps like tinder and instagram, don’t have cold approach skills etc.), for those guys women generally hold the upper hand in the SMP.

This would explain why women get commitment from guys more easily now, and also why they have more power in the situation… enough to get consistent side dick. And from what Teevster said, most of these relationships aren’t serious, so we could probably get these girls still.

I’m not worried about this affecting guys with real game. I’m not handsome but I’m tall, kinda big, have a dominant personality and I find it easy to make friends anywhere. Leader in business, artistic, etc. If you're the kind of “alpha” Geoffrey Miller describes in the quote I posted above, probably don't need to worry about what most guys go through - cause most guys aren’t that.

@Tayo: yeah we used to have a saying back in the day, “a girl is either single and looking, or she’s not single and looking.” This claim is very well founded in evolutionary biology due to the dual female mating strategy. Once a month women get fertile and horny for sex with with a new guy. This happens whether she’s in a relationship or not.

@sab: I can’t disagree entirely with the case you’re making for more scarcity now… it makes logical sense on some level. Yet at the same time I see Teevster saying that these girls have weak frames now, and that other men are far less competition than they used to be so – it sounds to me like you’re probably right with your post, but that other factors have balanced it out, no?

@Teevster: I was hoping you’d chime in here. You probably have the most useful data since you’re so active and successful (plandemic rules permitting). Wow you’ve done 3 for 3… that’s impressive. So is your average of 1 in 3. The stats I quoted from Mystery and CJ aren’t their averages, they were streaks.

I think CJ’s average was 1 in 5 but he said that in the 2000s and he got even better later. I know he believes 1 in 2 as a consistent average to be very possible. His best month he did 16 cold approach lays… I give up even competing with that guy lol.

My 3 for 7 was a one-off, but I got quite consistent once I had the X-Factor stuff nailed down in late 2010. And I agree, doing time bridges is likely to increase your success ratio even further, no doubt.

Regarding CJ and chur: CJ retired from game a few years ago, married a really pretty girl half his age. They seem super happy together. I doubt chur would come back either, he seems to have reached a skill level where he doesn’t really feel the need to talk about game much anymore. He seems to be in total abundance with women naturally at this point.

I’m surprised to hear you say that girls have weaker frames now. I would have thought all the attention they get online would have inflated their egos and made them more confident. And that this confidence would spill over into their real life interactions. Not the case, huh? That’s very interesting.

I also think most the time what guys perceive as a girl being hostile or “shit testing” is really just her being confused, because most approaches are a little unexpected. She was in her head, so she has to adjust, and gives confused responses. That’s most of the initial “shit tests” that guys get all upset about (not everyone, but most guys… I catch myself misreading this initially sometimes too).

@J Wick: I totally agree with your post. The Henry Ford quote is on the money, and so is the one about fear. Fear is one of my biggest issues right now, momentum will cure it but AA is pretty intense. I do a mental drill before the approach where I embrace the fear of death (because that is what approach anxiety really is, deep down)… then I go in.

Finally, one more thought on the whole flaking thing… I can definitely see how this would have increased compared to 10 years ago, because I was very flaky with girls when I had too many leads. And most girls have hundreds of leads in their phone now. BUT, even at peak abundance leads, I wasn’t flaky with any girl that really stood out... I’d still go out of my way to meet those. So… just gotta stand out. Which, with excellent game, you will.

-Karea.

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
During lockdown I played around with Tinder. It made me feel like I was the least attractive guy on the planet. Totally self-confidence wrecking (mind you that I have professionally taken pictures).

I can tell you that I would get no results and Tinder - barely match with anyone, barely get any response.... while pulling 2 girls a week end in September. You can't play around with Tinder if you don't have your real infield game in check. When you do, you can play with Tinder as a supplement - the lack of results won't screw with your head.

I14zzUp.jpg

:D:D:D

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I’m surprised to hear you say that girls have weaker frames now. I would have thought all the attention they get online would have inflated their egos and made them more confident. And that this confidence would spill over into their real life interactions. Not the case, huh? That’s very interesting.

They pretend to be more confident but really it’s making them insecure. Women aren’t dumb, they know the random guy messaging them telling them how “beautiful” they are just sent that same message to 50 other women. Social media is also a double edge for them; they get more attention but they also see tons of women on there they feel they can’t compete with.

These mega influencers have thousands of followers and never post pictures a unless their lighting, makeup, hair, and everything is on point. That’s after already going and having several procedures done to enhance their looks. “Normal” women see these mega influencers all the time and they compare themselves to them.

They did the same thing back in the day with magazine models but it was possible to close the magazine and walk away. Most of these women are to addicted to social media to walk away.

You asked about naturals? Most of them are just mass messagings mutual friends in Facebook and Instagram. Have your GFs/FBs show you all the messages they get; it’s pathetic. Usually they start out with sending a simple face or body pic and a “what’s up.” They have almost no game online but they make up for it with quantity.

According to most women I’ve talked to about it, most dudes are horrible in the bedroom now too.

Dudes are absolutely no competition any more for even an average seducer.

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Very cool discussion here.

Generally speaking, I think social media has been a mediating factor that cripples average and below average guys, and widens the gap between "slightly above average" and "above average". Women have (or believe they have) more attention on the variety of options and comparisons on the market because instagram's addictive algorithm is constantly shoving top tier men (fundamentals, lifestyle, etc) and other women with "happier" and "more successful" lives in their face. So the women are frequently comparing their current man (or maybe just the last guy they fucked) to what else is out there. For the bottom 70% of men, that's gonna make it harder, because the cultural spotlight is on more top-tier men than ever before.

I think that guys have to stand out more than they used to (women are far more aware, and increasingly so, of the options they have nowadays), but when they do they have the keys to the castle. The Tinder statistics show that like 80% of women match with like 20% of the guys, but I think that also extends to real life. The average guy is more beta than the average guy 10 years ago. Women still want alphas, which are now a diminishing percentage of the pool. But that small pool (hot tub?) is thriving. Every girl out there wants to jump in the pool and get a little wet (or, soaked for that matter).

As pointed out before, PUA isn't novel anymore. So that means the quantity of PUA's has gone up.... but of that number... has the quality? Sure, now the advice you see is more evolved (on places such as GC), but that also means influences like red pill and the manosphere have grown into something they weren't originally. That means more KJ's griping about misogyny and less men focused on self-improvement getting sound pieces of effective, solution-based advice. More and more guys have at least read some form of pick up, but how many of them are actually working to become trained killers and letting go of the blue-pill narrative? The online space has grown A LOT, but also become diluted as a result.

Again with social media, I should point out, unless you're capable of using it to high levels of success in either a controlled social circle environment or you actually become a person of great success and capturing widespread attention, I would opt out and be a ghost.

Women instantly jump to their phones after meeting a new guy to try and investigate them. Instagram is literally just a research device that women use to rate your value, judge you (knowing that it's an external persona - they look deeper than "this guy looks cool"), and see if you have a girlfriend / girls around you / preselection.

If you had an average approach / displayed that you're average value, then she hops on social media and your profile doesn't look like much, she's going to base it off that and not give you an extra bit of time. I'm talking very superficial shit like your follower ratio - that's all she's gonna have to go off of so that's what she'll use. She'll take the average approach with the average (or nonexistant) profile, and be like "yup, that makes sense". Just like a girl judges Tinder pictures or what you're wearing on your initial approach, she's going to use the information available to her in the dating market.

On the other hand, if your approach goes great / you display a lot of sexual value / social proof, and then she jumps on and sees your profile isn't much OR you don't even have a profile (my recommendation for most guys attempt pick up), well now she's confused. "Wait, this guy is totally cool and I can't find anything about him. I need to know more!", and now she's even more intrigued.

Ariana Grande's last boyfriend had like 500 followers on IG and many girls in my social circle and online were commenting how "that's hot", because the dude is a ghost.. yet has the preselection of a hot superstar. That's a way better move, for guys like us (ever heard of Law of Least Effort? Haha).

Important caveat: you 100% don't need a SM, but it hurts the average guy or even seducer who doesn't pull of SNL's all the time. SNL's are every seducer's saving grace in a time like this.

But yeah, my general thought on this is, you need to work a little more to stand out. Guys that could get top tier chicks in the past can still get them if they put the work in, but they need to become genuinely novel. Being genuinely novel during a time where options and learning more about options (because of social or even just mass-media) is highly accessible is more of a challenge. The good part is, if you can conquer that challenge, you've got keys to the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
>