Is GAME overrated?

Calibration

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
For the purpose of this discussion, I consider vibe to be basically how you feel about yourself on the inside. Not a mood. Beliefs. That feeling will come across in your actions and body language. Yes, it’ll even come across in texting.

Before diving into reading material, you have to think about/meditate on why your mind is wired in a way where women provide you external validation. What does that say about you? What limiting beliefs does this reveal about yourself?

The exercise before you may be to build your self-esteem/internal validation. In essence, that expression ‘you have to believe in what you’re selling if you want others to buy it.’ Your goal will be to believe in yourself so much that reactions from women don’t affect you - you don’t need good reactions to feel good about yourself. A good starter exercise would be creating a list of ‘10 reasons why I am the best decision a girl can make.’

I can see a little later if I can find some GC articles on the subject. But if you’ve been studying seduction, you probably already know the subject matter. It’s now just a matter of sitting down and diving into the wiring of your mind to address this blatant red flag.

As you work on this, your vibe will start changing automatically.
I think you're pointing in the right direction. Tbh, I'm a little bitter about everything after covid. I feel bitter about myself that I got unlucky just when I discovered game, this shit happened. I lost a lot of precious time of my life. I lost a social circle which I had spent a lot of effort building it. From time to time, I feel bitter about girls due to some bad experiences I've had. Although, I have come to accept many things, I still have a lot of resentment about many things which I'm yet to come to terms with. I meditate everyday, I try to journal often etc. Not sure what else can I do.

Whatever is happening on text is a reflection of something that is happening on person before.

I think it will help us a lot if next time, you can describe the interaction to a T.
I stayed indoors for the past 2 days and today I pushed myself to go out. So, my latest interaction here: I met this super-hot Russian chic, a lawyer I had met twice before. First time, I was nervous since she was hot. I complimented on her hair at a traffic signal surrounded by a lot of ppl and looking back, it was quite ballsy. I don't know how I did that. Anyway, right after the compliment I ejected since I was very nervous and when I got back home, I thought I should've continued the conversation since she was very receptive. Fast fwd a few weeks, I saw her again on the street and ran uptown her and stopped her. She remembered me. I said, last time I was in a rush I couldn't talk to you. So, we can talk now. We talked for almost 20 mins standing on the footpath and she said it feels amazing to be approached. She asked me to go to Russia to find a lot of hot girls. She was very flirtatious. When I asked for her number, she said "Look we are bumping into each other and universe has something for us. So, I want to see if I meet you again and 3 is a good number and I'll give you my number. Sounds fair?". I did try to push it a bit but I dint want to come across as chasing. So, I said fine. This was 6 months ago. Today I saw her and stopped her again on the street and she didn't have the same energy as before. Looked like she was avoiding me. Anyway, I remembered her name and said, "Paulina right?" and she said "Yes". I asked if she remembered me and she said, "Yes, you met me there". Then she carried on saying she was in a hurry and need to go. I said all good but lets meet another time. She said sure and kept walking. I got a bit annoyed and said "How?" and she smiled and said, "We'll see each other again". I thought I'll just end this and said, "What's your number?" although it was very incongruent since she was in a rush and I appeared to ignore that. Anyway, she just smiled and left. I thought of many interactions that I can describe you but this one had a lot of elements. So, chose this one and its also the latest. What do you think I could've done?
Also, I insist… doesn’t seem like you’re seeding the date.
I do. Normally, when I ask the number, I say one of 3 things:
* I'd like to meet you again. What's your number?
* I'd like to take you out sometime. What's your number?
* Let's meet again. What's your number?

^ that is a structure, but calibration plays a part, brah! you met a girl at a shopping mall after opening you said "lets celebrate your supermarket shopping success" a bit autistic if you ask me... There needs to be calibration and common sense, in person to person or texting scenarios.... Now @Skjöldr used to be autistic like that, eventually he got it, and succeeded, you need to go through a lot of trial and error, as you are making more approaches in person and follow up texting, you will notice patterns of what works and what does not, then you will calibrate accordingly..... A lot of seducers for some reason are extremely socially awkward, i joke around and call them autistic, but they are not, is that they are so far out of being socially normal than sometimes it takes a bit more time, seriously sometimes i am even wow, this is common sense, like who says lets celebrate your supermarket shopping success, again peter and even Skippy would do stuff like this, But again eventually as you keep interacting 2 things happens: - you become less awkward (as long as you keep journalizing and people chime in to show you how some stuff is weird) and 2 you get numb to rejections, you don't take it personal..... a structure and samples still requires calibration, and practice, journalizing is key...
Bro, I don't know why I wrote that about supermarket thing. After you pointed it to me, I was like.. wtf was I thinking when I sent that. I don't know why I find texting so hard. I guess I think a lot and as @StrayDog pointed, I think I analyse every step I take and I end up fucking up since I'm in the head thinking about the technical stuff and ignoring what is right in front of me. I'm guilty of doing this almost with everything I do with a girl. I'd be thinking to myself: Now, I have to soft-close. Its time to soft-close etc. Even when talking to a girl in person, I'd be thinking, am I qualifying? am I chase-framing? am I being too direct? Is my voice deep enough? Am I making eye contact etc. During Covid lockdowns, I had shit-load of time to kill and I have consumed a lot of seduction material which has fucked up my thinking I guess. Not sure how to get rid of that.
@Shawn. I could be mistaken cause I haven't seen you out in field, but my guess (from everything you have written) is that you are coming across as too gamey. It sounds like you are really trying to run routines based on the things you have read, but are failing to spark a more genuine sense of connection. Women can sense when you are just trying to run technical game. It feels off to them, too routine. Even if there is some spark there they walk away feeling like something didn't click. It is not about applying technique defacto to any situation. Any given technique is just there to support the process, should you need it. Technique should arrive naturally, not be pushed into the situation. For example a chase frame. These make tons of sense when all the conditions are right to implement them. But if you are just dropping it for the sake of it, and other elements that are neccesary to make it land are not present she is going to be thinking "this presumptuous dude, what trip is he on." We all make these mistakes, especially when we are trying new techniques out or have just been reading too much about game. My reccomendation would be to drop a lot of the more technical aspects you are trying to implement (at least for now) and focus on two things. 1: building a more solid relatable connection. Just focus on finding where you two really connect and building on that. Make sure she understands (on an emotional level) why the two of you getting together males sense. 2: Seed the date. Gather logistics early in the interaction. What's she up to that day, what's her week usually like, what's she do for a living. Any info that helps you orient around logistics. If you start this process early in the convo it feels more natural later when you come back to it and suggest you two get together. Make the plans then and there while you are grabbing her number.

My main point is, trim the fat off for now. Try to drop anything that feels too routine, and focus on hooking and seeding the date. If any technique arrives natural fine. But don't force it.
You're right. I realised this when I did something like this with the Russian single mom I told about earlier. As I mentioned above, I have become too gamey and technical. When I started out, I was getting better results with the little knowledge that I had. However, I had a big sticking point that I wouldn't take the interaction towards close and lost a lot of girls and that's how I started reading seduction material and looks like it has consumed me now.

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
I do. Normally, when I ask the number, I say one of 3 things:
* I'd like to meet you again. What's your number?
* I'd like to take you out sometime. What's your number?
* Let's meet again. What's your number?
This is not what seeding a date looks like. The examples you gave are all vague "I'd like to take you out sometime" "Let's meet again". These offer no real foundation for you two to build on. Take you out sometime? When? Where? You need a solid game plan that she can get behind. Something she will look forward to hearing from you about. She is not going to look forward to "somewhere" "sometime"

you seed the date by fractionating logistics and common interests throughout the conversation. Start small and unspecific and slowly build towards something specific. Once you have gathered enough info on what her life is generally like time-wise, built some common ground (hopefully in more than just one area), and hit a high note, you suggest a specific date. It could be something you hinted at way earlier in the convo. Say you were talking about how good ramen is hard to find (which came up naturally in the convo) then you mentioned you know one hidden gem of a spot that is next level. Then the conversation moved on to other things. You hit a high note and say "Well hey, This is cool connecting. I'm gonna grab your number, and w'ell hit up Mu Ramen. + Sounds like you're generally free evenings. We could do Tuesday. What's your week like?" You two might land on a specific day, or if she is slightly noncommital you say " Well, we'll just be in touch and play it by ear" you hand her your phone and just kind of gab about something light-hearted while she puts her number in.

To summarize
-Gather logistics throughout convo
-Build common ground in a few areas
-Seed a few possible date ideas you can come back to later in the convo. Cool things she "just has to check out", "I know you are gonna love", or things that you personally "Just love doing", some of your "Absolute favorite places for..." (don't frame them as dates yet)
-When the moment is ripe, suggest a specific date that you know will be compelling based on the common interests you have
-Manage a few last-minute logistics as you grab her number
-Keep things light and don't dwell on the date as you finish up your interaction

One other small note, when you do this right you don't have to ask for her number, you can literally say "I'm gonna grab your number" because it makes sense that you would. You two are hitting it off and you have a solid trajectory towards a date laid out. Just give her a good reason why you are gonna grab her number and hand her your phone to put it in.

Now she knows she can look forward to a delicious steamy bowl of ramen with that charming man Shawn she was connecting with. Date seeded

Last edited:

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
^ THIS

And this

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
recently he spoke to a hot girl who was doing some charity fund raising thing on the street and all he did was talk to her like how I cold-approach a girl. They instantly hit it off and they're fucking like rabbits now. He debunked all the lessons of game and pickup
That's kinda like saying, "recently a friend of mine played chess against someone in the park and all he did was move the pawns forward, he castled and then moved his queen forward and won. He debunked Kasparov, Fischer and Waitzkin."

Your friend didn't approach her. These fund raiser girls talk to everyone. They just clicked... it happens. A stopped clock is right twice a day.
Game however is the art of MAKING it happen. You CHOOSE a girl, not a random encounter. Over, and over, and over... total control.
Mystery said:
"A guy talks to a girl and gets laid. The next day he tells his friends that he got lucky. How right he is!
There is a world of difference between "getting lucky" and "making it happen"... and as others have pointed out, a sample size of 1 doesn't "debunk" anything.

Can he do 100 lays this way?

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Would not say overrated.
I would say "I don't know".

Recently, I made $2,000 in less than an hour. And it's fact. i did made that business deal. I just don't tell you a lot of other things.

Ask any Muslim friends of mine, "Islam is the fastest growing religion".
At surface level, this is fact. But there's a whole lot of nuance to it and conversions is not as what they make it ought to be.

I got a super hot tight body girl number in less than 5 minutes. I did got her number. It was a legit number. I just don't tell you other things.

I am pretty sure that I get the essence of what you meant, when you say that "you just talk to girls."

z@c+

Terms

Space Monkey
space monkey
BTW, my friend said he spoke to her yesterday for a couple of hours over the phone and he overheard her flatmate asking her "Which one is this?". So, he is a bit depressed today. Although I don't want him to be lonely again, I also don't want him to be heart-broken.
That didn't take long.

You're getting a front row seat to what no-game luck looks like. It should be a pretty good sales pitch for game.

With game you'd know it was a lucky one, you'd have fun fucking the girl, you'd have fun with the fling that plays out beyond a one night stand, you'd know from the jump that she's most likely on the cock carousel, you'd remain emotionally detached, and when she left town you'd fuck someone else in your abundant life instead of speaking for hours over the phone and overhearing the reality you'd rather hide from.

Game/no game is night and day.

Calibration

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This is not what seeding a date looks like. The examples you gave are all vague "I'd like to take you out sometime" "Let's meet again". These offer no real foundation for you two to build on. Take you out sometime? When? Where? You need a solid game plan that she can get behind. Something she will look forward to hearing from you about. She is not going to look forward to "somewhere" "sometime"

you seed the date by fractionating logistics and common interests throughout the conversation. Start small and unspecific and slowly build towards something specific. Once you have gathered enough info on what her life is generally like time-wise, built some common ground (hopefully in more than just one area), and hit a high note, you suggest a specific date. It could be something you hinted at way earlier in the convo. Say you were talking about how good ramen is hard to find (which came up naturally in the convo) then you mentioned you know one hidden gem of a spot that is next level. Then the conversation moved on to other things. You hit a high note and say "Well hey, This is cool connecting. I'm gonna grab your number, and w'ell hit up Mu Ramen. + Sounds like you're generally free evenings. We could do Tuesday. What's your week like?" You two might land on a specific day, or if she is slightly noncommital you say " Well, we'll just be in touch and play it by ear" you hand her your phone and just kind of gab about something light-hearted while she puts her number in.

To summarize
-Gather logistics throughout convo
-Build common ground in a few areas
-Seed a few possible date ideas you can come back to later in the convo. Cool things she "just has to check out", "I know you are gonna love", or things that you personally "Just love doing", some of your "Absolute favorite places for..." (don't frame them as dates yet)
-When the moment is ripe, suggest a specific date that you know will be compelling based on the common interests you have
-Manage a few last-minute logistics as you grab her number
-Keep things light and don't dwell on the date as you finish up your interaction

One other small note, when you do this right you don't have to ask for her number, you can literally say "I'm gonna grab your number" because it makes sense that you would. You two are hitting it off and you have a solid trajectory towards a date laid out. Just give her a good reason why you are gonna grab her number and hand her your phone to put it in.

Now she knows she can look forward to a delicious steamy bowl of ramen with that charming man Shawn she was connecting with. Date seeded
^ THIS

And this
Doesn't trying to plan dates during meetup come across a needy and desperate. When I meet a girl, regardless of how excited she is, the moment I go for number close, her energy changes completely. Her energy falls and she she's not excited anymore. This happens a lot and I don't know if this is normal. I don't know why this happens. I just asked her number. Now if I try to plan a date, which is several steps ahead, I wonder what her reaction would be.
That's kinda like saying, "recently a friend of mine played chess against someone in the park and all he did was move the pawns forward, he castled and then moved his queen forward and won. He debunked Kasparov, Fischer and Waitzkin."

Your friend didn't approach her. These fund raiser girls talk to everyone. They just clicked... it happens. A stopped clock is right twice a day.
Looks like mine is a digital clock, which has gone off completely :p not having seen results in a long time

Terms

Space Monkey
space monkey
Doesn't trying to plan dates during meetup come across a needy and desperate. When I meet a girl, regardless of how excited she is, the moment I go for number close, her energy changes completely. Her energy falls and she she's not excited anymore. This happens a lot and I don't know if this is normal. I don't know why this happens. I just asked her number. Now if I try to plan a date, which is several steps ahead, I wonder what her reaction would be.

Looks like mine is a digital clock, which has gone off completely :p not having seen results in a long time
There's no "steps ahead" here. Skip the number close, don't even think in terms of "number close." Girls give out numbers to get rid of guys so often its not worth thinking of as a benchmark of any kind.

Arrange the meetup right there ("I gotta run now but I'm free after 8, grab a drink with me?"). She'll either accept (and give you her number without you asking), reject (in which case she wasn't hooked enough and a number close would lead you the same place they're all leading you), or tell you she's busy at that time and let you know when she's free (and give you her number without you asking.)

Game for face-to-face meets where you can actually close the deal, that's all that's worth going for. The contact info stuff will work itself out, it doesn't matter, there's no "close" there that's of any value (until down the road when your text game is super tight, having been informed by plenty of in-person success), and as you're seeing is zero sign that things are moving forward at all.

Last edited:

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

No, you got it backwards.

You first get her excited about doing something together and then ask for her number because it’s just logical.
If you go for the number without getting her excited first, she wonders what the hell do you want and why a random guy (who likely she already forgot about because there was no excitement) is contacting her.

Currently, when you ask for her number she closes off because you’re going too fast.
(“There’s no plan to meet again and this guy wants to contact me? What for?”)

Women don’t want guys they are not excited about contacting them.
They may give their numbers knowing that they can ignore the guy later.

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
It only looks desperate and needy if there is a precedent of you coming across as desperate and needy. If there is a precedent of you two hitting it off, talking about shared interests, and even a bit about what your schedules are like, then it comes across as you taking leadership to initiate the next reasonable step in the connection between you two. Furthermore, what if she viewed you as this high-value dude? The prize. Will she still see the move as desperate and needy? Or will she think "Oh my god, I can't believe this absolute babe is inviting me on a date"? You have to be calibrated, you don't just propose a date willy-nilly or yes it might come across as desperate. This is why you create a reason why you two ought to go on a date in the first place (the connection you have, a compelling date idea, and so on). That fact you think it is needy and desperate in the first place is very telling. Indicates something that is off in your approach in general. Frames her as the prize.

What I outlined is really just a template, you are going to implement it in various ways that are calibrated to each situation. Maybe you don't suggest a date right then and there (because of a variety of factors present in the seduction at the moment), but at least you have
-Established and connected on shared interests
-Established potential activities that are compelling
-Sussed out basic logistics you can work with
Maybe the move is, instead of suggesting a date outright, to take her number. You are still giving her a solid reason as to why that is the move to make. "Well hey, this is clearly a connection worth following. Imma grab your number and we'll sync up to keep this going" Even though you haven't presented anything solid in terms of a date, you have still presented a solid reason (which she sees as reasonable based on the connection you have established). Plus since you seeded potential date ideas, even though you are not suggesting them outright, she can still imagine what it would be like to connect again. Also, note that you are not asking for her number, you are presenting a reason why you are going to take her number. If she finds the reason reasonable she will happily oblige.

So bend the template to whatever strategy works best for the moment. Chase outlines some solid ways of doing that in that article Ulrich linked.

Last edited:

climbingup

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have provided evidence that humans as a species did not evolve to have a someone for everyone, less than half of men ever mated and had offspring. We see it in every other species as well. What is your evidence that everybody born have had someone specially made for them? Because I don't see it. There doesn't seem to be any scientific evidence.
I don't think everybody has someone for them.

However they are a lot of average guys with no game that do end up in relationships with average and sometimes cute women.

Some guys just get lucky. However ask them to repeat the process, they will have no idea and most likely fail.

Calibration

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
There's no "steps ahead" here. Skip the number close, don't even think in terms of "number close." Girls give out numbers to get rid of guys so often its not worth thinking of as a benchmark of any kind.

Arrange the meetup right there ("I gotta run now but I'm free after 8, grab a drink with me?"). She'll either accept (and give you her number without you asking), reject (in which case she wasn't hooked enough and a number close would lead you the same place they're all leading you), or tell you she's busy at that time and let you know when she's free (and give you her number without you asking.)

Game for face-to-face meets where you can actually close the deal, that's all that's worth going for. The contact info stuff will work itself out, it doesn't matter, there's no "close" there that's of any value (until down the road when your text game is super tight, having been informed by plenty of in-person success), and as you're seeing is zero sign that things are moving forward at all.
I'll give this a try, there is nothing to lose anyway since I'm not gaining anything currently :p

It only looks desperate and needy if there is a precedent of you coming across as desperate and needy. If there is a precedent of you two hitting it off, talking about shared interests, and even a bit about what your schedules are like, then it comes across as you taking leadership to initiate the next reasonable step in the connection between you two. Furthermore, what if she viewed you as this high-value dude? The prize. Will she still see the move as desperate and needy? Or will she think "Oh my god, I can't believe this absolute babe is inviting me on a date"? You have to be calibrated, you don't just propose a date willy-nilly or yes it might come across as desperate. This is why you create a reason why you two ought to go on a date in the first place (the connection you have, a compelling date idea, and so on). That fact you think it is needy and desperate in the first place is very telling. Indicates something that is off in your approach in general. Frames her as the prize.

What I outlined is really just a template, you are going to implement it in various ways that are calibrated to each situation. Maybe you don't suggest a date right then and there (because of a variety of factors present in the seduction at the moment), but at least you have
-Established and connected on shared interests
-Established potential activities that are compelling
-Sussed out basic logistics you can work with
Maybe the move is, instead of suggesting a date outright, to take her number. You are still giving her a solid reason as to why that is the move to make. "Well hey, this is clearly a connection worth following. Imma grab your number and we'll sync up to keep this going" Even though you haven't presented anything solid in terms of a date, you have still presented a solid reason (which she sees as reasonable based on the connection you have established). Plus since you seeded potential date ideas, even though you are not suggesting them outright, she can still imagine what it would be like to connect again. Also, note that you are not asking for her number, you are presenting a reason why you are going to take her number. If she finds the reason reasonable she will happily oblige.

So bend the template to whatever strategy works best for the moment. Chase outlines some solid ways of doing that in that article Ulrich linked.
No, you got it backwards.

You first get her excited about doing something together and then ask for her number because it’s just logical.
If you go for the number without getting her excited first, she wonders what the hell do you want and why a random guy (who likely she already forgot about because there was no excitement) is contacting her.

Currently, when you ask for her number she closes off because you’re going too fast.

Women don’t want guys they are not excited about contacting them.
They may give their numbers knowing that they can ignore the guy later.

This makes sense and I have inadvertently done this in the past. But, it was when I had sufficient time with the girl. If I spoke to her for at least 30+ mins but these days, I haven't had any such long interactions at all. Main reason being I approach most of the girls on streets. In the past I used to approach indoors but due to covid, I'm wary of approaching indoors since some of them still wear masks and even if they aren't wearing mask, it feels foreign to approach indoors having not done in a long time. If I had spent time talking to the girl somewhere like a park or a square, its easy to segue into a conversation involving shared interests and building connection but all the interactions I have these days are between 5-10mins and I won't have sufficient time to come up with such things.
I agree but like I mentioned above, currently I'll have to move fast with the girl. To give you a clear idea of how my interaction looks like, I'll give a couple of detailed examples that I thought went really well:

1. I met this chic in a supermarket that I mentioned earlier (Krista) (this was indoors since she was not wearing mask and there were not many ppl around). She was holding chocolates in her hand and smiling looking at them standing at the end of an aisle. I walked slowly past her and with body-rocking, I said "So, chocolates make you happy?" (with a smirk) . She looked at me and said "Who doesn't feel happy for chocolates?" (Smiling). I said, it depends. I like dark chocolates but anyway, you look so happy like a cute puppy (teasing and SOI) and she laughed out loud. Then I said, are you always this happy or just when you have chocolates in your hand? She replied: I'm normally a happy person. There is always a reason to be happy. I said "That's amazing! its good to see happy ppl around with so much going on around" and then she asked me "Where are you from?" and I replied "I'm from Mars planet" (with a smirk) and she eye-rolled with a grin. I continued, its a weekend, so I generally come here for the weekend and she continued laughing. Then I asked, "Are these chocolates for your BF?". (These days I'm bummed with girls saying I have a BF. So, I wanted to get this out of the way). She replied with a smile: No, this is for my friend. I said, "that's perfect! we should go on a date then" (with a grin) and she said "OK" (I was a bit surprised that she agreed outright cos I was actually not serious in saying that and I wanted to build on top of that) and I took her number. Then she told me, she had travelled for the weekend and was just returning home after a lot of travelling and is super-tired. I chatted for a little bit & I said, tell me about it when we meet and left. (There were some bits and pieces of interaction that I've forgotten but it went on for 5-10mins max)

So, in this example although the girl was a YES girl, it took me a month to get her out on a date with relentless texting.
Not all interactions go so well and still it took me a month to get this girl out. I wrote a FR about this.

Here is a more moderate interaction outdoors and its hard to squeeze in all the elements that you guys mentioned since most girls outdoors are in a hurry:

2. This is the Russian single mom (Olga) I mentioned earlier. I was walking back from work and saw her waiting for her ferry. Went upto her and said, "Thought I'll come say Hi" with a smile. She grinned and said "Hi". I continued, "you know sometimes when you see someone there is something about them that you want to go meet them?" she continued "grinning" and wasn't giving much. I continued, "you seemed like you were consuming all of this beautiful view and wanted to find out why you look so fascinated" (pointing at the ocean). She said "I'm waiting for my ferry". (Alarm bell rang in my head that I have to move faster). I teased her and said "Your ferry stop is there. Are you going to swim there?" (lot of dramatic body language to make it look like I'm not negging). Then she played along, saying yes, I swim there. I said, you seem adventurous, nice. I like adventurous ppl. She sounded German and asked if she was German and she kept asking me to guess which I failed a few times and she finally told she is Russian (some banter around that). Then I asked what do you do for living when you're not adventurous and she said she was a lawyer and she asked me what I did (alarm bells were constantly ringing that I have to move towards the close since her ferry might come anytime). I asked if she has a BF? She said, no she has kids and is divorced. I said, its stressful to deal with job and kids, you definitely need a break, with strong eye contact and slight smirk. She said "yes, with a smile". I said, come lets go travel the world (with a grin) and later said, lets discuss that over a coffee and I gave her my phone to enter her number and she entered the number and name and rang her phone from my phone. While she was entering the phone number, I said, there is something cute about you, that energy is very contagious (SOI). I continued, "look at you, you got so lucky. You were just sitting here smiling and someone came to help with your stressful life. Life is interesting sometimes" and she said "yes. Anyway, my ferry is here and I need to go".
There were some bits and pieces that I forgot but the interaction was mx 5-10mins. This looked like a solid interaction but didn't go anywhere.

Do you think I could've/should've seeded the date? If so, how? (or better if you could change the whole interaction of how I could've made it better)

Also, I always do only coffee dates which is low-investment and easy. So, if I have to discuss common interests, it's a lot more complex and stressful to organise logistics but I'm open to discuss.

Last edited:

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Also, I always do only coffee dates which is low-investment and easy. So, if I have to discuss common interests, it's a lot more complex and stressful to organise logistics but I'm open to discuss.
So much ground can be covered in 5-10 minutes. In your two examples, you are just treading water. Using all that energy but not getting much anywhere. Instead of building a genuine sense of connection, you are just spitting lines. Chocolate girl asks where you are from (showing interest in you) and you tell her mars... Eyeroll as a response makes perfect sense. And anyway, the common "interests" I am suggesting you "discuss" can be something simple. For example, trading travel stories over chocolate and tea could be a perfect date idea, if you had just established a little more of a connection around those things. Focus on relating more. The woman at the ferry you arbitrarily frame as adventurous based on a joke you made about her swimming. How much does any of that ACTUALLY have to do with her?

Also, having a few different date spots and ideas up your sleeve never hurts. Be flexible.

There are plenty of other observations I have on the examples you provided, but I don't want to get in the weeds with this one post. But your over-reliance on techniques, your faulty reason for using them (making big dramatic gestures so she doesn't think you are negging, which happens to be an assumption on your part), and your implementing them at times when it doesn't make sense (that chase frame at the end of the ferry girl interaction), is absolutely getting in your way. Be relatable, man. That will go a long way

Last edited:

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Agree with @StrayDog, those 5-10 minutes interactions feel rushed and somewhat forced.

The problem is not that these interactions last too little… they are short because you’re not getting anywhere substantial and that’s the reason they end up so fast.
At this point it seems you’re focused in collecting numbers instead of collecting connections.
Think about it.

The chocolate girl, you should have extended the interaction… you should have done some deep diving, share something personal about you and get her excited about “the best coffee and chocolate place in town”. It takes time to do so… so you also need to get comfortable with the akwardness of pre-hook interactions.

Ferry girl, you were just losing your time there… she didn’t give you much to work with.
I personally wouldn’t even ask for her phone, she didn’t show emotion nor interest to you. I would just have ejected.

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
“Game” means different things to different people. It’s entirely to vague of a question.

Some people are entirely way to “gamey” and some people over simplify it so much that they would do better if they added more game.

There exist strategies, techniques, tactics, and principals, that when applied constantly and correctly, will vastly increase your odds of forming sexual relationships with women.

The great debate that’s always been around is WHAT strategies, tactics, techniques, and principals work, work best, and how and when to best use them.

Overrated? Yes and no. All depends.

Calibration

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
“Game” means different things to different people. It’s entirely to vague of a question.

Some people are entirely way to “gamey” and some people over simplify it so much that they would do better if they added more game.

There exist strategies, techniques, tactics, and principals, that when applied constantly and correctly, will vastly increase your odds of forming sexual relationships with women.

The great debate that’s always been around is WHAT strategies, tactics, techniques, and principals work, work best, and how and when to best use them.

Overrated? Yes and no. All depends.
I guess it comes down to approaching with strong fundamentals and not doing things that'll affect one's results negatively (for ex. Simping). All the techniques, tricks and strategies help in maximizing the results for someone who's already having a lot of success.

From what we've discussed above, I guess applying a lot of concepts, tricks and techniques is only going to hurt if one is already not seeing a basic level of success.

So, ya I agree game has different meaning for different ppl. For my friend, approaching was enough to get short term success but simping might hurt in the long-term.

Last edited:

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think you're pointing in the right direction. Tbh, I'm a little bitter about everything after covid. I feel bitter about myself that I got unlucky just when I discovered game, this shit happened. I lost a lot of precious time of my life. I lost a social circle which I had spent a lot of effort building it. From time to time, I feel bitter about girls due to some bad experiences I've had. Although, I have come to accept many things, I still have a lot of resentment about many things which I'm yet to come to terms with. I meditate everyday, I try to journal often etc. Not sure what else can I do.
It's very good that you've been able to identify this issue! Your options are: Keep working on it yourself, which will take time to figure out, or see a psychologist/therapist who can help you address these issues faster. They can help identify the limiting beliefs holding you back, and recommend exercises/therapy to get them corrected. That's my recommendation based on experience. Believe me, you're not a better text or opener away from having your problems go away. They'll emerge again at some point. Best to get them corrected at the start. Then all the 'game' you learn later will work much easier.

>