Mav3rick Earns His Wings

lceman

Space Monkey
space monkey
mav·er·ick
/ˈmav(ə)rik/
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.​

Allow me to re-introduce myself. I'm Maverick, and while I chose this name based on the dictionary definition, I'm on a mission to become Top Gun. Think of this journal as me taking you along for the ride as I go through flight school.

Re-introduce myself? I had a journal in the past, where I wrote about some of my attempts to talk to girls, but there are little to no interactions in there for anyone to learn from. It was mostly my thoughts on fighting against societal norms to be able to talk to strangers. Then, I took a break to focus on other areas of my life, and did not so much as look at the forum for 8 months or so. Recently, I shifted my focus again, and am back on my quest for abundance with women.

Just last week, I finally understood what it's like to cold approach a girl from a male to female standpoint, which means talking to a girl because you are sexually interested in her. Before this, I was approaching girls, but was too afraid to let them know why I had approached them in the first place. I now see why this is silly, and am truly free to pursue my ambitions as a skilled seducer.

And how will I accomplish this? By talking to women, of course! Seeing as I am a college student, my journal (for now) will be oriented around college girls. I don't frequent the night scene, so the majority of my interactions will be day game: mostly cold approach, with some social circle and online game sprinkled in.

Now that I've tasted the power of cold approach, I'm confident that these dreams of abundance will soon become reality.

However, dreams don't come true simply because you wish they would, which means I've got work to do.

I'll keep you posted.
-Mav

lceman

Space Monkey
space monkey
how to title?

In the spirit of accountability, and being transparent about my progress, I'm going to post my interactions with women every day. I debated not writing them today because I thought my efforts today were weak, but showing that is kind of the whole point of having a journal.

I realized that it's likely much more beneficial to write your bad encounters until you have a good one to share, rather than waiting to post your encounters until you have a good one to share.

My goal for today was 5 solid approaches, I did at least 5, but they weren't very solid. Here are the ones I remember:

1. girl walking to gym: we talked for a couple mins but it was just chitchat. She was going the same way as me so it was more of a "ehh fuck it I'll open" rather than "she's hot I want to say hi"

2. girl getting out of car near my apartment complex: solid m2f vibe on the opener but we abruptly split ways like 30sec after we started talking. Should've gotten her to come with me.

3. girl studying chem: fine little chat but no vibes there and I moved on

4. girl at social event: some decent flirting but no ask for a date or anything, felt it would be wrong due to social circle. I'll see her in a week

5. another girl at social event: exact same thing actually

And there were some other misc openers and small conversations. Oh, and a couple other girls at that social event where I either didn't like her vibe or she wasn't that attractive. Overall, I did fine opening but did a very poor job attempting to further the interactions. Part of this was due to ego and me not wanting to be sexually interested in girls I don't find unusually attractive. Chase has a great article here about lowering your standards; after the fact, I realized this is a dumb, unempowering belief that I need to shake myself of. Because fuck it, I guess the whole point of this is to see how far I can get with women in general.

What I did poorly:
failed to escalate interactions due to misinformed beliefs about the standards I keep
some other little tweaks to make. I don't want to list everything I did wrong because I'd rather focus on what went well.

What I did well:
commanded attention on the openers
at that social event (like 100 people where I didn't know anyone previously) did a good job meeting people and being sociable
tried to talk about an SOT (about relaxing on a lake)->
noticed some signs of attraction as I was talking to girls

Not a bad day 1, my social circle is growing and I am becoming more and more comfortable opening. Next step is taking the interaction further even if I'm not feeling "attracted enough" in the moment.

I'll do my best to have some juicier interactions to post tomorrow and later this week. Today is like the intro.
-Mav

lceman

Space Monkey
space monkey
day2

Trying to walk the line of making this journal worth reading without spending too much time writing it. Feel free to comment with formatting feedback.

Approaches of the day:

1. didn't count, it was like 630am and I never turned the corner going from opener to actual conversation

2. girl I opened indirectly and didn't move to direct quick enough. Complemented her earrings but it wasn't enough to turn the corner. We go our separate ways and I go to fix my mistake

3. girl A- walking past me as I sit on a bench thing
me: hey do you have sprint?
A: no I don't
me: my cell service never loads. but actually I don't really care about sprint, I saw you walk up and wanted to meet you. I'm mav
A: Oh haha I'm A
(goes for the handshake)
A: Oh sorry my hands are sweaty
me: aw don't slime me up lol!
(fluff. what she's doing, a little bit about us, but honestly some awkward pauses and mostly uninteresting conversation)
me: ok well I'm about to go home and eat, let me grab your snap, let's get some food or something sometime
A: sure
(vibes are not great, and I'm not optimistic about a future meet. she adds me back later in the day, and I haven't sent anything as of now)

4. unnamed- walking towards me near a class area
me: hey are you in my econ class?
her: no I have x
me: I'm just kidding, I know you aren't, I liked your sense of style and wanted to meet you. I'm mav.
her: oh thanks! I'm (can't remember)
me: sweet.
(fluff, failed again to have a quality conversation. I eject just before I completely crash and burn.)

5. girl A2- both walking to the same parking lot
me: something about parking
A2: some answer
me: btw something more about parking (I genuinely wanted to know something)
A2: answer
me: oh ok and (continues conversation)
A2: (engages in conversation)
(funny, I distinctly remember a point where she shifted her whole body to talk to me and was into the conversation)
(we talk mostly fluff about school and her medical frat but I do better with some teasing, light heartedness etc)
me: tell you what, I need to get home, but let's talk about something rather than your frat sometime, what's your snap?
her: lol that's a huge part of my personality, you've been warned.
me: gotcha I will proceed with caution.
(interesting here that I went full indirect not really intending to approach in the first place but it ended up with her more interested than I thought she would be. good on me for autopilot being to get the number/ask for date)

6. a few misc openers I don't remember that went nowhere

What I did well:
  • asked for the future meet up, not just a way to contact
  • corrected my mistake of not moving from indirect to direct with that girl this morning
  • autopilot was to go for a number close of some sort
  • engaged well- when I opened, there was no doubt they would stop to talk to me

What to do differently next time:
  • insert the date idea as part of a conversation- create open loop about swimming say then invite her to my apt pool
  • set more definitive date plans
  • have more fun with my conversations- shock myself out of logical brain mode. this is the big one
  • snap them earlier, I haven't responded to any of them and it's been 6-12 hours, oops
  • qualify her before any sort of meet??

Overall, I'm apparently not as smooth as I think I am, but this stuff is fun. I was not at the top of my game today by any means but I'll be on that level soon.

lceman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Review- 8/31/22

None of my approaches were solid. I didn't do what needed to be done and they were all opens that never turned the corner and went to some sort of close or rejection. I made excuses and allowed myself to pretend like I'm indifferent to getting better with women

Today is August 31st, the perfect time for a reflection on the progress I've made in all areas of life in the last month. Today, I decide to look back to my notes from a year ago and I am slapped in the face by reality.

A year ago, I had almost exactly the same problems with women. Even though I've gotten better, the main obstacle to success remains the same. In essence, that obstacle is not pursuing interactions with women with the undivided intent of taking them as far as possible.

So, it's crunch time. Quite literally now or never. Time to get it together or forget it forever.

Am I up to the challenge?

>