Socializing  My COVID-19 first hand experience (yes, I had it)

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Ok, this is a post requested by Skills:

Yeah the attitude of the forum is irresponsible, and careless i am not down with that.... I have been clubbing none stops since Moses, and i miss clubs like a crack head miss a hit, but i ain't messing with this shit for the sake of seduction...

Bro! share a bit more of how you felt what helped etc.. maybe a complete post with responsible dos and don't this shit ain't a joke, my accountant freaking died of it.... And the way clubs are being handled is retarded they need to enforce at least the mask inside....

So I'm gonna share my personal experience with COVID-19.

We were in lockdown here in Brazil in march, so I was NOT going out at all. I already had established a solid OLTR in February and we were doing great. All my former FBs and MLTRs knew and respected it. Some wanted to see me regardless, but my dad is 89. I was not going to take any chances.

After 60 days in complete isolation (I was not seeing anyone besides my girl) I started to feel sick. I'm a super fit dude, been lifting weights and dieting for the past 26 years (I'm 41 now), so I'm pretty sure I can say I'm on the top 5% in terms of overall health. Anyway, after a week I started to feel super tired! One day I was at my girl's place and could not get out of bed. She grabbed my hand and my fingers hurt as hell! Never felt anything like it before.

My cousin is a doctor and told me to stay at home, but to go to the hospital ASAP if I felt worse. Which I did. On day three I was able to drag myself to the ER and get tested. Luckily my lungs were ok. Two days passed and I was still feeling sick, sleeping 12-15 hours per day and without a hint of energy to do anything. A couple of days after and I felt sick again...so got back to the hospital. Still no lung complications, thank god.

Bottom line is, I had to stay isolated at home for three weeks and feeling the sickest I've been in my life. Took me two full months to feel normal again.

TREATMENT
Took some shit for the symptoms, but the treatment was buckets of water and rest. A lot of rest. That's what got me back up. And I was fortunate to not have anything going to my lungs, this is the real danger.

My former boss died because of it (pneumonia caused by COVID). If he was able to recover, he would be in a wheelchair and dependent on artificial lungs for the rest of his life probably. Not a pretty sight.

This disease is a Russian roulette for sure!
Don't mess with it until they got the vaccine is the best advice I can give you.
No pussy in the world is worth it.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
POB,

Do you have a preexisting condition? Most of the deaths, and worse cases are those who had it bad. i am sure you might have something.
Example: i'm very prone to dust. If there is a war, just take an A-10 with a bucket of dust. i will die first. lolx

z@c+

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
POB,

Do you have a preexisting condition? Most of the deaths, and worse cases are those who had it bad. i am sure you might have something.
Example: i'm very prone to dust. If there is a war, just take an A-10 with a bucket of dust. i will die first. lolx

z@c+

Allergies mostly.

I have a theory that muscular guys get the bad side of the symptoms (have a friend who's also a experienced lifter and he got it worse than myself).
But it's just speculation.

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thanks for sharing this POB.

Also, props on being so healthy for 26 years! That probably helped you get less affected (lungs, etc.)

PS
Why would lifters have it worse, can you elaborate on your theory?

PSS
Did you have access to private or public health?

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey man thanks for sharing your experience here :) I am sorry that your covid experience was far worse than mine :(

I just want some clarification on your closing remarks.
This disease is a Russian roulette for sure!
Don't mess with it until they got the vaccine is the best advice I can give you.
If I understand you correctly, you got the virus while you were in complete isolation. The only person you saw during this time was your girl (i believe Skills was also only seeing one girl during this time. And dropped the rest of his girls. Please correct me if I'm wrong). Who had to be the person that gave you the virus (ironically I'm pretty sure it was also my girl that gave me the virus haha) (or you opened the window and somehow the air passed it on to you lol).

So in terms of practical advice, this means in order to be guys to be 100% safe, this means not going out or seeing anyone (because hey man you never know. Beause what I've read is that someone could be virus free one day and not have any symptoms that dont show up till 2 weeks later, and then get it by being in contact with someone who they didnt know was carrying the virus), until they've got the vaccine.

And the way I see it, its looking like this vaccine very likely wont be available until till summer 2021 or later. So I dont know about you, but we would all be going absolutely crazy being in complete isolation for that long my friend!!! :)

I apologize for laughing at this virus's face especially since there are guys like you, who had a very traumatic experience, but I think I will take my chances and continue to step outside of my apartment and interact with people without any fear :)

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey man thanks for sharing your experience here :) I am sorry that your covid experience was far worse than mine :(

I just want some clarification on your closing remarks.

If I understand you correctly, you got the virus while you were in complete isolation. The only person you saw during this time was your girl (i believe Skills was also only seeing one girl during this time. And dropped the rest of his girls. Please correct me if I'm wrong). Who had to be the person that gave you the virus (ironically I'm pretty sure it was also my girl that gave me the virus haha) (or you opened the window and somehow the air passed it on to you lol).

So in terms of practical advice, this means in order to be guys to be 100% safe, this means not going out or seeing anyone (because hey man you never know. Beause what I've read is that someone could be virus free one day and not have any symptoms that dont show up till 2 weeks later, and then get it by being in contact with someone who they didnt know was carrying the virus), until they've got the vaccine.

And the way I see it, its looking like this vaccine very likely wont be available until till summer 2021 or later. So I dont know about you, but we would all be going absolutely crazy being in complete isolation for that long my friend!!! :)

I apologize for laughing at this virus's face especially since there are guys like you, who had a very traumatic experience, but I think I will take my chances and continue to step outside of my apartment and interact with people without any fear :)

Facepalm! lol with your conclusions, no in practical terms means that just like everything else is a numbers game, the more you are in contact with people the higher the chances, such as packed clubs with noone wearing a mask = higher odds of getting covid vs a dude with a girl at supermarket(pob technically got covid lucky in terms of seduction)..... They both can get it, anybody can get it but the ODDS get higher with more contacts....

alleniverson

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'll share my Coronavirus experience. I got it doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on a Wednesday and then felt first symptoms the following Monday. I was extremely tired for two days, and my body absolutely ached all over, but after those 48 hours I recovered very quickly. Everyone else I do BJJ with described the same symptoms and quick recovery. Granted, I am a pretty healthy 24 year old.

The worst part for me was that I could not taste or smell a thing. I could tell if foods were spicy or salty, but could not experience one iota of a real taste or smell. These taste/smell issues lingered for over a month, gradually beginning to improve after the first two weeks, and now I am probably ~90% back to normal (4 months later). However, certain smells smells and foods seem a little bit different to me. My sweat, for instance, seems to just smell spicier. It's weird. I've asked people to smell me and they notice no difference, so I think it's my nose instead of my actual scent. Other things just don't taste like they did before are bananas and Chipotle (sad because I love Chipotle but whatever.)

In the time between contracting the virus and experiencing symptoms, I was in normal and close contact (hugs/kiss on cheek) with a family member who was over 80 years and multiple other people. Weirdly, not a single one of them experienced any symptoms or had any reason to think they had it. This makes me believe that the virus is not transmittable when symptoms aren't being experienced. This could be unique to the specific strain/kind of COVID I had, but who knows...

My thoughts on it are this... If you don't have a pre-existing condition and you're not old as fuck, you're going to be fine. It's less than a fraction of a percent of people who are in this category that die. Sorry to put it bluntly, but if you're weak, or you're close to someone who is weak? Watch out. If you're not, I'd just go live your life. I'm down here in South Florida and am happy to see the bars, clubs, house parties back to popping off. People are happier, the world is better, and I really think the number of deaths that result from lockdown/restrictions will end up exceeding the "COVID" deaths. (Depression, poverty/the results of poverty, alcoholism, etc.), not that we'll ever know that real number.

Side note -- the bars are absolutely popping off in Florida right now, my people. It is absurd, and it is a hell of a game/nightlife opportunity right now.

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
Odds go dramatically up just leaving the house VS staying inside not earning income (my job does not have work from home program). So me leaving the house wearing a mask, I can still get the virus

p.png

If I stay inside and only interact with my girl, then I can still get the virus the way POB got it. I have to pray to god she did not get it during her interactions in the mall, coffee shop, work, supermarket, strolling past people on the street, park, train, bus, uber. So I have to tell her not to meet with anyone. Then she'll have to tell her friends, family, coworkers she cant meet with them because she doesnt want to risk having it when she meets me.

.....you see how ridiculous this gets? Do you now see why we are telling you not to worry about this and just live you life to the best of your abilities due to this silly restrictions our countries have put upon us?

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I had the covid too. It sucked hard but was nothing to be worried about.

All diseases can potentially kill people or get out of control.

As a matter of fact, I have been hospitalized 5 times in my life for bacterial infections - 4 times because of throat infections (which is contagious). One time I was close to needing emergency surgery and I could potentially have died.

To make matters worse, I am allergic to certain antibiotics.

I DO NOT ASK ALL OF YOU TO STAY AT HOME TO PROTECT ME.

Nor will I lock myself inside because of it.

alleniverson

Space Monkey
space monkey
Going off of what you just said about antibiotics, Teevster...

I would like to never have to take any antibiotic again, but the absolute #1 piece of advice I could give anyone in the world is to never take a Fluoroquinolone antibiotic - Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox, etc... There are extremely severe psychological and physiological side effects to these drugs that are more common than you think. They are very strong and overprescribed.

Also, all antibiotics wreck your gut so if you need to take one you should take a probiotic with it.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Going off of what you just said about antibiotics, Teevster...

I would like to never have to take any antibiotic again, but the absolute #1 piece of advice I could give anyone in the world is to never take a Fluoroquinolone antibiotic - Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox, etc... There are extremely severe psychological and physiological side effects to these drugs that are more common than you think. They are very strong and overprescribed.

Also, all antibiotics wreck your gut so if you need to take one you should take a probiotic with it.

I have ulcerative colitis. It could potentially have been caused by having to take strong antibiotics multiple times in my life.

So guys, once covid is over, be sure you lock yourself inside to protect people like me.

After all, antibiotic resistance is a global issue! (and I am not even joking here).

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I'm going down to Puerto Vallarta in Dec. I really hope I don't catch it down there. But, I need to live life. Need adventure.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thanks for sharing, @POB. Sounds like a rough ride.

I know everyone around me who had it was mostly laid out in bed for 1-3 days. I was pretty useless for a day but then bounced back quick.

I've had illnesses like it before. Certainly some that hit me much harder than this one. But from looking at symptoms / averaging what I hear from people it seems like this one's possibly in the top 10% or so of unpleasant seasonal illnesses.

@Cody Lyans had it and actually got pneumonia from it I think... ended up on a ventilator. He (coincidentally?) also happens to be a very fit dude... mixed martial artist; sometimes works as a bouncer.

It's hard to get a real opinion on it though due to all the fuzzy accounting the health reporting agencies on it are doing, the widespread panic, and the extreme overreaction in some societies. And I think most people's reaction to realizing they're being lied to or exaggerated to is to become deeply suspicious of the entire thing they're being lied/exaggerated to about.

Then you get this situation where the sides polarize as they find themselves in opposition to each other.

And you end up with one side that thinks the whole thing is a total joke and the other side that thinks this thing is airborne smallpox.

the more you are in contact with people the higher the chances

One thing--

COVID is a highly contagious airborne pathogen. Huge swaths of the population have it. Most are asymptomatic. If you haven't had it yet (maybe you have and didn't feel anything), you're going to get it, sooner or later.

You can hide inside if you want. However, unless you're in a hermetically sealed fallout shelter with enough food and water supplies to last you until the virus has totally run its way through society and no longer has hosts left to jump through (probably 2-3 years), you're going to get it sooner or later anyway. It's unavoidable.

Might as well get it sooner and get over it so you can get back to living your life instead of hiding under a rock.

Plenty of open beds in the hospitals right now in case of the uncommon event that things do turn out for ill...

Chase

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thanks for sharing, @POB. Sounds like a rough ride.

I know everyone around me who had it was mostly laid out in bed for 1-3 days. I was pretty useless for a day but then bounced back quick.

I've had illnesses like it before. Certainly some that hit me much harder than this one. But from looking at symptoms / averaging what I hear from people it seems like this one's possibly in the top 10% or so of unpleasant seasonal illnesses.

@Cody Lyans had it and actually got pneumonia from it I think... ended up on a ventilator. He (coincidentally?) also happens to be a very fit dude... mixed martial artist; sometimes works as a bouncer.

It's hard to get a real opinion on it though due to all the fuzzy accounting the health reporting agencies on it are doing, the widespread panic, and the extreme overreaction in some societies. And I think most people's reaction to realizing they're being lied to or exaggerated to is to become deeply suspicious of the entire thing they're being lied/exaggerated to about.

Then you get this situation where the sides polarize as they find themselves in opposition to each other.

And you end up with one side that thinks the whole thing is a total joke and the other side that thinks this thing is airborne smallpox.

One thing--

COVID is a highly contagious airborne pathogen. Huge swaths of the population have it. Most are asymptomatic. If you haven't had it yet (maybe you have and didn't feel anything), you're going to get it, sooner or later.

You can hide inside if you want. However, unless you're in a hermetically sealed fallout shelter with enough food and water supplies to last you until the virus has totally run its way through society and no longer has hosts left to jump through (probably 2-3 years), you're going to get it sooner or later anyway. It's unavoidable.

Might as well get it sooner and get over it so you can get back to living your life instead of hiding under a rock.

Plenty of open beds in the hospitals right now in case of the uncommon event that things do turn out for ill...

Chase

Exactly both sides extremely irresponsible, we have a responsibility again this is very similar of a recurring problem with the forum when it comes to the tone used by tribal elders, this shit ain't no joke, and l personally do not want to field test covid, cause ain't a big deal, the isolation who nobody here has advocated vs what I saw when I went out here in Florida In a club which i filmed a packed club nobody wearing a mask... look what happened in the white house garden were all those people were tested and cleared and half turned out with the virus... it also plays a part your priorities I rather minimize the risks as much as I can vs increasing the risk of getting this stuff, minimizing risk doesn't equal isolation silly strawman or protecting some young person

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I'm going down to Puerto Vallarta in Dec. I really hope I don't catch it down there. But, I need to live life. Need adventure.

A lot of you didn't adapt and use the right covid strategies, I never stopped living life or getting laid, there were even none seducers getting laid even more

Reactions: POB

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
A lot of you didn't adapt and use the right covid strategies, I never stopped living life or getting laid, there were even none seducers getting laid even more

I was set to go to Mexico when it hit last March. Was just stopping in Canada to visit family for two months. Then lockdown #1 hit and I stayed in Canada, BC. It's pretty tame here. Still, I don't know a single person in Canada who has had Covid. So It's hard not to be skeptical when a two week lockdown has gone for almost a year. But I hear people who have caught it, even from a thread in this forum and it sounds like a Russian roullette for sure.

I haven't been all about chasing girls for quite a while. I'm more into coaching, hiking, camping, reading, travel. So it didn't affect me that much game wise. I could honestly go the rest of my life without fucking and be fine with it. Not that I will do that. I'm 42 so I'm right at the margin where this disease could fuck me up. Still, I gotta go hit that surf town in Mexico. I'm hoping things are a bit less weird after this winter.

I'm also pretty sure I had the virus last February when everyone I know had a real bad flu. It lasted over a week and sucked. Lots of body aches, no ability to smell either. I could taste though. Couldn't sleep well.

From what they're telling us, you don't really develop anti bodies? You can catch it again and again? I don't know what to believe anymore. So much bullshit out there.

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
look what happened in the white house garden were all those people were tested and cleared and half turned out with the virus..
minimizing risk doesn't equal isolation
Say ur girl texts you she tested and was cleared by doctor before she came to see you, then showed up to your apartment (not to mention, passing by people who may be infected that dont know they are infected, to get there)...you see what I'm getting at, with complete isolation as the only way to be safe?

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I was set to go to Mexico when it hit last March. Was just stopping in Canada to visit family for two months. Then lockdown #1 hit and I stayed in Canada, BC. It's pretty tame here. Still, I don't know a single person in Canada who has had Covid. So It's hard not to be skeptical when a two week lockdown has gone for almost a year. But I hear people who have caught it, even from a thread in this forum and it sounds like a Russian roullette for sure.

I haven't been all about chasing girls for quite a while. I'm more into coaching, hiking, camping, reading, travel. So it didn't affect me that much game wise. I could honestly go the rest of my life without fucking and be fine with it. Not that I will do that. I'm 42 so I'm right at the margin where this disease could fuck me up. Still, I gotta go hit that surf town in Mexico. I'm hoping things are a bit less weird after this winter.

I'm also pretty sure I had the virus last February when everyone I know had a real bad flu. It lasted over a week and sucked. Lots of body aches, no ability to smell either. I could taste though. Couldn't sleep well.

From what they're telling us, you don't really develop anti bodies? You can catch it again and again? I don't know what to believe anymore. So much bullshit out there.
Yeah I don't know if I had it too, I was in bed without being able to move for 2 days same as you... I may donate blood plasma is 2 hours sitting in a room, and Yeah I thought it was bs for couple of months cause didn't know a single person getting it, only from this forum, now I know about 10 people that got it... about the getting laid I went through the same as 43, time for trt...

>