Socializing  My COVID-19 first hand experience (yes, I had it)

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Say ur girl texts you she tested and was cleared by doctor before she came to see you, then showed up to your apartment (not to mention, passing by people who may be infected that dont know they are infected, to get there)...you see what I'm getting at, with complete isolation as the only way to be safe?
No isolation lol, but dude I fuck raw, but no in the ass, no people that inject, no prostitutes and of course no dudes, but I still go raw, I a opposed going to a packed club no mask, trust me I tried every angle to game myself, you came close to convince me but nahhh

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
Yeah I don't know if I had it too, I was in bed without being able to move for 2 days same as you... I may donate blood plasma is 2 hours sitting in a room, and Yeah I thought it was bs for couple of months cause didn't know a single person getting it, only from this forum, now I know about 10 people that got it... about the getting laid I went through the same as 43, time for trt...

Maybe you can do an antibodies test? That might be give you more security if you did already have it. But not sure how long the immunity lasts.

terminator92

Space Monkey
space monkey
I know 6 people who died from it. Granted all were above 50 though. And I know someone who got it twice. I would say if we are all going to get it, rather get it as late as possible as the medical community will have more information about it and how to treat and prevent deaths at least. With every new case the knowledge of the virus grows. So I do not believe in the I might as well get it over with line of thinking.

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I know 6 people who died from it. Granted all were above 50 though. And I know someone who got it twice. I would say if we are all going to get it, rather get it as late as possible as the medical community will have more information about it and how to treat and prevent deaths at least. With every new case the knowledge of the virus grows. So I do not believe in the I might as well get it over with line of thinking.

How do you know six people who died from Corona? In the last 8 months? Where are you from?

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Yeah I don't know if I had it too, I was in bed without being able to move for 2 days same as you... I may donate blood plasma is 2 hours sitting in a room, and Yeah I thought it was bs for couple of months cause didn't know a single person getting it, only from this forum, now I know about 10 people that got it... about the getting laid I went through the same as 43, time for trt...

It's not a testosterone thing. Just changing priorities and interests.

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
I would say if we are all going to get it, rather get it as late as possible as the medical community will have more information about it and how to treat and prevent deaths at least. With every new case the knowledge of the virus grows. So I do not believe in the I might as well get it over with line of thinking
We dont get to "choose" when we get it. Every day you leave the house, you are putting yourself at risk of being infected. And it's not just the reckless people you can point your finger to and say, "see that's what he gets for not following the rules"...but also those who took extreme precautions who got it (again POB and the Nick Saban example...like that shouldn't be possible, cause they followed all the "rules" and were still infected). If we are talking "odds", then the odds are higher that when you DO get infected, your gonna be out of commission for 1-3 days, as that's what the vast majority of people who experienced/recovered from covid have gone through (why I say dont worry). POB's is at the extreme side tho.
Just changing priorities and interests
...probably cause of low T, which is why he recommended TRT to you.

Last edited:

terminator92

Space Monkey
space monkey
How do you know six people who died from Corona? In the last 8 months? Where are you from?
I live in Central Europe. Have classmates from different countries. Only 1 was the father of my friend who died in Europe. The rest were from India and China.

terminator92

Space Monkey
space monkey
We dont get to "choose" when we get it. Every day you leave the house, you are putting yourself at risk of being infected. And it's not just the reckless people you can point your finger to and say, "see that's what he gets for not following the rules"...but also those who took extreme precautions who got it (again POB and the Nick Saban example...like that shouldn't be possible, cause they followed all the "rules" and were still infected). If we are talking "odds", then the odds are higher that when you get infected, your gonna be out of commission for 1-3 days, as the vast majority of people who recovered have gone through (why I say dont worry). POB's is at the extreme side tho.
I did not say we could choose. Nor am I paranoid about it. But I would have lower odds by doing what is essential and avoid raising my chances of getting the virus by going into crowded bars, pubs etc. is all I meant. I am not trying to tell anyone else what they should or should not do. It all comes down to personal choice and everyone's attitude towards it.

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I live in Central Europe. Have classmates from different countries. Only 1 was the father of my friend who died in Europe. The rest were from India and China.

So, you know students from India and China that died of Covid? I'm super curious. How old were they, how many died exactly? Were there pre existing conditions?

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

^ yeah this is my conclusion...

terminator92

Space Monkey
space monkey
So, you know students from India and China that died of Covid? I'm super curious. How old were they, how many died exactly? Were there pre existing conditions?
Again I am just writing down my personal views and experience with this. For some reason people get reactive about it. I am not saying anyone else's approach is wrong.

@Tony D I have two friends from India. One of them was a wingman and a close friend and his father who was 65 died while his mother who also got it who was 60 survived without much trouble. The strange thing this was the mother had mild breathing problems related to her lungs for years now but she survived and the father had no history of any trouble with lungs though he had blood pressure and diabetes.

But this term "pre-existing conditions" is very misleading. It does not really mean anything. Anyone who is above 50 years of age has some pre-existing condition of some sort just due to the body growing older. Maybe cholesterol, blood pressure or something small which by itself is nothing to worry about. But none of the doctors know what kind of pre-existing condition can harm you. Its only after the death occurs that they then surmise that maybe its because he/she had............ it was fatal to them. The doctor who dealt with my friend's father literally said we don't know how the virus reacts in each person and every new person is a case study for them to gather more data and that's the only way to get more information about the virus.

That's why I say even if it is inevitable, I would rather try to delay contracting it as much as possible so I am not being paranoid nor being completely carefree and I am avoiding any clubs, pubs and restaurants which are crowded. And the other people I know who died were parents, and two grandparents of my friends who were all above 50 years old like I said.

But check this out: https://www.insider.com/ukrainian-fitness-influencer-dies-covid-instagram-2020-10
This guy was a fitness influencer who thought Covid was a hoax and I don't know if he had any pre-existing conditions. So I just feel in these circumstances better safe than sorry. But that's just my personal outlook. If I ride out these 1-2 years I have my whole life ahead of me, time to think long term.

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
When you see people close to you contract and die from it, yeah it's scary. And 1 million deaths seems like a huge amount on a personal level.

But worldwide, it's a drop in the bucket with a world population of 7.8 billion. It's only killed 0.01% of the world population. Assuming the data collected is even 100% correct. Taking the data to be the word of God is not reasonable, in my opinion.

Over 1 million people die in car accidents a year. Are we going to stop driving cars until not a single person dies and we get self-driving cars? Or shut down the economy?

Video here puts things in perspective:

It's definitely a personal choice. In my case, I already got it. Maybe fucked up my lungs a bit, but it was my time. All the fear mongering isn't good for me either.

CDC did release data on infection fatality rates that make this seem less severe too. But who knows what to trust.

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I have ulcerative colitis. It could potentially have been caused by having to take strong antibiotics multiple times in my life.

Did your first sign of ulcerative colitis symptoms start when you were still taking an antibiotic? Eg say the doctor gives you antibiotic script for 10days antibiotics. Did your symptoms of UC start during those 10days?
never take a Fluoroquinolone antibiotic - Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox, etc... There are extremely severe psychological and physiological side effects to these drugs that are more common than you think.
Do you have more information about this?

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Did your first sign of ulcerative colitis symptoms start when you were still taking an antibiotic? Eg say the doctor gives you antibiotic script for 10days antibiotics. Did your symptoms of UC start during those 10days?

No, they did not. Usually if you get colitis after using meds, you get what is called "drug-induced colitis" (which can potentially become UC).

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Again I am just writing down my personal views and experience with this. For some reason people get reactive about it. I am not saying anyone else's approach is wrong.

@Tony D I have two friends from India. One of them was a wingman and a close friend and his father who was 65 died while his mother who also got it who was 60 survived without much trouble. The strange thing this was the mother had mild breathing problems related to her lungs for years now but she survived and the father had no history of any trouble with lungs though he had blood pressure and diabetes.

But this term "pre-existing conditions" is very misleading. It does not really mean anything. Anyone who is above 50 years of age has some pre-existing condition of some sort just due to the body growing older. Maybe cholesterol, blood pressure or something small which by itself is nothing to worry about. But none of the doctors know what kind of pre-existing condition can harm you. Its only after the death occurs that they then surmise that maybe its because he/she had............ it was fatal to them. The doctor who dealt with my friend's father literally said we don't know how the virus reacts in each person and every new person is a case study for them to gather more data and that's the only way to get more information about the virus.

That's why I say even if it is inevitable, I would rather try to delay contracting it as much as possible so I am not being paranoid nor being completely carefree and I am avoiding any clubs, pubs and restaurants which are crowded. And the other people I know who died were parents, and two grandparents of my friends who were all above 50 years old like I said.

But check this out: https://www.insider.com/ukrainian-fitness-influencer-dies-covid-instagram-2020-10
This guy was a fitness influencer who thought Covid was a hoax and I don't know if he had any pre-existing conditions. So I just feel in these circumstances better safe than sorry. But that's just my personal outlook. If I ride out these 1-2 years I have my whole life ahead of me, time to think long term.
People like to know how old someone is and what conditions they have in an attempt to rationalize why it happened.
There seems to be this pattern of thinking that if you had a preexisting condition or were of a certain age then it's totally reasonable or understandable why they died from covid. As if they deserved to suffer from covid. But there has been several instances of seemingly "healthy" and young people who was still severely affected by it and either had to be hospitalized,became a long hauler(persistent symptoms that go over 2 weeks), or died like you mentioned. That's why I don't understand how people can tell others not to worry of covid and be so confident they'll be fine. If you can't guarantee someone's safety and health you shouldn't tell them to forget about the disease.
People just tend to focus on the ones who got covid and didn't suffer too badly and not pay attention to people who suffered a bad outcome because of covid. They just write it off by saying things like "they must've been old" or "they probably had a weak immune system because they didn't exercise or eat healthy" and things along those lines. It's peoples coping and defense mechanisms for responding to situations they don't fully understand or like.

I'm like you i'm not gonna stay in my house and live in fear of it. I still take the subway to get to work all the time and I go to the gym. But i'm not going to be reckless either and dismiss this as a possible threat. I still have parents to look out for who are vulnerable.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Guys i think this post reach the goal, people have enough info. to make their own conclusions... Unfortunately this is not field testable...

I do appreciate the guys that went against popular opinion and came out with the CAUTION....

Last night i actually went clubbing light light, and interviewed multiple bouncers, and i was like wtf.... Again all people in clubs with no mask on, and here in usa the levels are spaking today is the highest it has been....

i interviewed 4 doorman, 2 doorman had it cause they did not work mask and THEY GOT IT FROM THE CLUB, the other 2 wear masks... I need to be able to go out clubbing and be inside the club with a mask while noone else wears a mask and go on a light day such as friday, otherwise i stay home...

i did open couple of girls all friendly with my mask on.... "how come you are not wearing a mask" with fake angry... but i went out to spy, scout, interview and film not really to pick up.... It was also funny to see how the doorman talk about my game when i ask them if they were me or their son what is the advise, cause my friends are calling me pussy for not going out (this i made up to get them talking)

The way they talk about me and my game is hilarious and it kind of piss me off... "you are going to get corona 100% i seen you for 5 years you are picking up and making out with all this girls every weekend" lol...

So guys if you go clubbing inside clubs with no mask restrictions YOU WILL GET IT, is my conclusion, and there was a girl that overheard me and she got it from the club too...

my suggestions, wear a mask game with mask on... but it will be super hard for most guys that can not handle social pressure cause you will be probably the only one besides staff with it...

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
That's why I don't understand how people can tell others not to worry of covid and be so confident they'll be fine. If you can't guarantee someone's safety and health you shouldn't tell them to forget about the disease.
I'm like you i'm not gonna stay in my house and live in fear of it. I still take the subway to get to work all the time and I go to the gym. But i'm not going to be reckless either and dismiss this as a possible threat.
There are no 100% guarantees in life....
Stepping outside and taking the subway to work and going to the gym doesn't guarantee your safety either.

From the data itself:
There's a 97.6% chance that if you 1) get the virus and 2) it turns out to be serious enough (aka not like the most of us that DID end up getting it, and spend 1-2 days in bed drinking hot tea/advil pills to remedy it) that you need to be hospitalized for it, you will survive.

Now I understand 97.6% isn't 100% but that's a risk your gonna have to take for leaving the house, big guy.

.....Unless you "shut up and take my money" and go out to buy yourself one of these:

Edit: Can't believe I'm using this guy as an example to support me (lol), but Blackdragon's 2% (inb4, "uh buddy it's at 2.4%, not 2%") rule:

"If a particular negative result has a less than 2% chance of occurring, don’t worry about it. Don’t even think about it. Proceed".

Last edited:

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Guys i think this post reach the goal, people have enough info. to make their own conclusions... Unfortunately this is not field testable...

I do appreciate the guys that went against popular opinion and came out with the CAUTION....

Last night i actually went clubbing light light, and interviewed multiple bouncers, and i was like wtf.... Again all people in clubs with no mask on, and here in usa the levels are spaking today is the highest it has been....

i interviewed 4 doorman, 2 doorman had it cause they did not work mask and THEY GOT IT FROM THE CLUB, the other 2 wear masks... I need to be able to go out clubbing and be inside the club with a mask while noone else wears a mask and go on a light day such as friday, otherwise i stay home...

So guys if you go clubbing inside clubs with no mask restrictions YOU WILL GET IT, is my conclusion, and there was a girl that overheard me and she got it from the club too...

my suggestions, wear a mask game with mask on... but it will be super hard for most guys that can not handle social pressure cause you will be probably the only one besides staff with it...
The thing with the masks @Skills is that unless you're wearing the medical N95 mask that filters out air particles (even then we don't really know how much protection it offers against corona) wearing a regular mask offers minimum protection against covid. Some reports suggests masks only can provide 5 to 15 percent protection from being exposed to someone who has covid and that's assuming they're wearing a good enough mask that's wrapped tightly around their nose. The purpose of masks is to prevent others from spreading covid before they're aware they have it because of the incubation period and the fact that some people don't display symptoms when they have it. If other people don't wear masks the risk isn't in them catching covid as much as it is them spreading it without knowing they have it. So even if those bouncers and doormen wore their masks they coulda still caught it from covid droplets or aerosol particles lingering in the air from people who didn't wear their masks or took it off briefly.
There are no 100% guarantees in life....
Stepping outside and taking the subway to work and going to the gym doesn't guarantee your safety either.

From the data itself:
There's a 97.6% chance that if you 1) get the virus and 2) it turns out to be serious enough (aka not like the most of us that DID end up getting it, and spend 1-2 days in bed drinking hot tea/advil pills to remedy it) that you need to be hospitalized for it, you will survive.

Now I understand 97.6% isn't 100% but that's a risk your gonna have to take for leaving the house, big guy.

Edit: Can't believe I'm using this guy as an example to support me (lol), but Blackdragon's 2% (inb4, "uh buddy it's at 2.4%, not 2%") rule:

"If a particular negative result has a less than 2% chance of occurring, don’t worry about it. Don’t even think about it. Proceed".

I never claimed that I would be 100% safe from covid by taking the subway and going to the gym. Those are things that are neccesary for my livelihood. I've been taking the MTA for months and have still yet to get infected so i'm not going to stress about taking it to go and come back from work. For the most part the times I get on the subway it's not very crowded and i'm usually sitting away from others. For the gym you could make an argument that i'm taking an unnecesary risk and I even see some dudes be loose with their mask or take it off in the locker room which you're not supposed to do,but i'm not going to let that prevent me from exercising. I need the gym to maintain my physical and mental health. I'm not motivated to exercise at home and i'm not just gonna curl every other day and do push ups.

Sure the CDC might claim that you are very likely to survive if you were unfortunate enough to have to go to the hospital and require a ventilator and be discharged later on ,but at what cost? What if you become a long hauler and have to deal with constant anguish and suffering on a daily basis? That was the reality for this marathon runner.
https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a32746082/clare-kane-coronavirus-covid-19-experience/
For nearly a month she had lung pain and could barely run. Some people have it worse then this. So nobody really is guaranteed protection from this virus not kids,not martial artists,not bodybuilders and not even marathon runners. Sure the percentage of these people in this scenario is not the majority. You could experience these symptoms and be alive,but are you living a quality life? Everyone wants to live but we have minimum expectations and requirements from life one of which is not to live with nagging,persistent pains and physical discomforts on a daily basis.

That blogger can say if it's not above 2% risk don't worry about it,but he can't promise you anything. He can't protect you and your loved ones from covid and he can't treat you and nurse you back to optimal health like you never got it. If you got it and spread it to your family and they suffered and died what is that guy going to say to you to console you? "Well I never said nothing would happen to you I just said not to think about covid because it's a 2% risk that something bad happen to you. Sorry to hear about your mom passing away".

My point is people should stop making false promises and certainties to others about covid. We really don't know anything about the virus. We're lucky it's not more effective at killing ,but we shouldn't take our health for granted either. You can't live in constant anxiety and be in fear of covid, but you can't dismiss it as just a cold or flu either.

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
So even if those bouncers and doormen wore their masks they coulda still caught it from covid droplets or aerosol particles lingering in the air from people who didn't wear their masks or took it off briefly.
@Skills.....honestly now....ahahaha.
Sure the CDC might claim that you are very likely to survive if you were unfortunate enough to have to go to the hospital and require a ventilator and be discharged later on ,but at what cost? What if you
:)
"Well I never said nothing would happen to you I just said not to think about covid because it's a 2% risk that something bad happen to you. Sorry to hear about your mom passing away".
I visit my parents, brother and sister every so often and none of us wear masks while we're together. I hug each of them when I see them and hug them good bye every time I leave. And I love my parents. Sorry you can't do that because you've been brainwashed by sensational media (your sources from the "Covid and Politics Discussion" were People.com and USAToday.com, and Skills's source in this thread was GMA (Good Morning America)) into being afraid you'll kill them. For every Clare Kane and POB, there are hundreds of thousands, of us that experienced it just like the flu. Hence the analogy :)

>