ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey guys!
So im 28 years old and i first found this site when I was 21, 7 years ago

Back then, i had no idea wtf i was doing with my life,dropped out of college at 20 and was figuring alot out. But I was able to use this site, upgrade fundamentals, and find some wings.

I did day game, scored some dates, fumbled alot and eventually lost my virginity with this sweet 32 yrs old japanese woman who became my GF for 3 years.

We broke up, covid happened, i got a well paying career, became a lazy geek and now im trying to get back in the game!!

So im taking the Newbie Assignment, to get me back in the groove!

I've done days 1-3 and now im on day 4. Basically all I have to do is say hi to a total of 6 women. Im a very nervous but also a little excited!

In a cafe rn working and once im done ill be going out to say hi! ill let you all know how it goes.

Wish me luck and I hope I don't punk out today!

sunnygirl

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey this is great to hear mate, keep us updated, I wish you luck with this assignment!! You'll find your groove pretty quickly if you've got the right vibe!

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 4

So the goal was to just say hi to 6 girls!
I basically walked around and said hi to girls as they walked past me. Is this cheating?

I sometimes added a have a nice day to
the end.

Did this to 7 total, 4 of them replied and 3 didnt.
Perhaps I should have stopped them? I guess i felt it would be too awkward to stop them, say hi, then walk off.

I remembered by the end the importance of projecting my voice more and to have less fear in embarrasing myself.

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
No, its progressive desensetization. Good job btw!
Thanks man, when i was younger i had more courage and just jumped right into direct approaches, so now that im taking smaller steps it felt like cheating

Thanks for those encouraging words!

Day 5 is tomorrow, ill definitely have to open up more for that one!

Last edited:

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Finishing my work for the day in a cafe then ill do the approaches.

This will be more difficult because ill actually need to get them to stop and then ask them how they're day is going. Last one took an hour, this one might be longer.

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 5
Todays task was to approach 6 girls and say ,"hey, how was your day?"
Wow i was pretty nervous! I remember thinking how am I going to do this?

I approached a total of 8 people! But I only said the line to 6 of them! I also made sure to approach only girls i found attractive.

Almost every girl I approached was walking so I had to stop them by saying , "Hey excuse me!" it was awkward but I managed.

I realized by the last couple approaches it was important to give some kind of compliment too. Many wouldn't even stop walking unless I did that, and it made the interaction less awkward for me.

I specifically focused on completing the assignment so i didnt go for numbers, but I should have! Now im considering ways to incorporate that into my approaches.

Thanks guys! Day 6 Tomorrow!
I'll also link the noobie challenge in these posts with a brief description of what im supposed to be doing that day :)

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 6 - Newbie Assignment

"Half off" day. It's time for a break from the regimen - but that doesn't mean you get the day completely off! Approaches are still on the table today - but they can be any kinds of approaches you want. You're approaching girls today purely for the heck of it... strike up small talk with women in line, talk to the girl checking you out at the grocery store, chat up the girl waiting in line with you waiting for the bus or the train... you pick the approach. And you can do as many or as few as you like - but DO approach at least ONE (1) girl today."
Boy today was a weird day, I was messing with my clippers, ended up taking a square out of my hair so I shaved my whole head :ROFLMAO: I usually keep my hair short so it wasn't a huge deal I guess.

After doing some work I gave myself 30 minutes to do a single approach. I passed up on several cute girls, I was kicking myself. It was tough,
"How did I do 8 approaches in one day but now I am having so much trouble doing just one??!!"
I beat the shit out of myself mentally, but tried to stay positive.

It was around 4:30 when I went out, I was looking at my clock up and down, "fuuuck I got 10 minutes until 5pm!" Finally I saw this rich looking woman walking her dog, she had this real nice looking coat on but she was nice so I just went for a direct approach.

I said, " I saw you walking and thought you looked really attractive" said it with prob the worst fundamentals, i was frantic to complete just one approach.. she replied smiled and said "you too" and kept walking, I hesitated a bit and she finished walking away.

Looked down at my phone after walking away and it was exactly 5pm.

Maybe that could've turned out alright if I was better.

Spent time after feeling a little burnt out, tomorrow is 4 approaches in total, and that's important because I plan to do the 4 approaches a day challenge for 30 days, after I finish this Newbie Assignment. Luckily tomorrow is Saturday so I have the whole damn day to do it.

Alot of self doubt, feeling a little burnt out and stuff like that, but having this assignment laid out makes things easier.

Last edited:

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 7 - Newbie Assignment

Because the women we're interested in are the other women - and those women will be more than pleased to accept your compliment. In fact, you'll find them beaming - and far warmer and far more receptive to you than they would've been had you used something more innocuous.

Follow up your compliment with introducing yourself ("I'm Hank") and holding out your hand immediately, so she doesn't have to fish around for what to say, and after that you can decide if you want to tell her you simply had to pay her that compliment, and bid her adieu, or if you want to stick around a little longer and see if you can get a phone number or more.

Try this with four (4) women today.
I finished it... it took 4 hours guys..

I won't write a whole essay but;
I start out super motivated, do an approach within 10 minutes of starting. Then it takes me a whole 2 hours to do my next approach..

After my second approach I was literally ready to quit, "how the fuck am i going to do 2 more of these? it's getting dark" it was so cold too, felt like an approaching zombie.

I was getting ready to go on the train home and had the whole "I messed up this time" update planned out.

But, I had to use the bathroom badly, and me searching for a bathroom somehow gave me a second wind. Saw a girl, direct approach and got her number.
Sent her a trash text, "hey Cassidy(not her real name), great meeting you, save my number - Shiori", lmk if you have any advice on some post getting number texts.

I cannot go home on 3/4 approaches, so again, I'm walking and its night time now, everyone out partying with friends, pretty lonely man..
but still I'm able to smile.
I'm walking around, around, and I see a girl and just say fuck it, ill go for it so I can go home and write this article. She's on the way to a restaurant I do the direct approach and compliment and she just says, "thanks" while she goes into the restaurant.

4/4 approaches, but it took waay too long this time.. there is fear of rejection and fear of being ignored in public.

Might take a break tomorrow, I don't want to give up but i also don't want to burn out

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Ended up taking that break today, probably a good idea because I had a health issue.

I haven't been reading much, only taking action, i'll need to make time to inform myself with knowledge.

Recently read this article: https://www.girlschase.com/content/can-you-approach-4-girls-day-30-days
Chase saying that he could 4 approaches in an hour (or even less), gave me some needed inspiration.

Over the years, I have used "4 per day" whenever I've needed to shake myself out of a rut and start building momentum again. It is very good.

It's not too much -- only four approaches, which you can make in an hour (or even less).

It's not so little that you won't warm up. Nor is it so little that it'll take you forever to find a girl you click with, like it will if you're only approaching one or two per day.

- Quote from above article

Tomorrow all I have to do is approach 2 women sitting down, so I should be able to do it quickly.

"Ever flows the land's well of purpose"

Last edited:

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Its raining cats and dogs today, ill have to find some girls in cafes after work, wish me luck.

--Update It's only gotten colder and more rainy; i know i might be able to pull it off if I'm able to find some good cafes
and I do have some ideas in mind, but the prospect of wandering back and forth in the rain doesn't sound appealing.

I'm honestly extremely disappointed in myself but I'll do some meditation and further reading and try again tomorrow

Last edited:

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 8 - Newbie Assignment

Sitting down approach. Your exercise today is going to be approaching girls who are sitting down, as discussed in this article: "Approaching Girls Sitting Down." Don't worry about the conversation side of things - all you'll be focused on this go-round is getting the approach in.

You've only got to do two (2) today - I know sometimes it's hard to find girls who are sitting down, and this one can be a bit more intimidating, so we're going to let you off a little easier. But you MUST do those two - whether you want to do two "Sudden Notice" approaches, or two "Sit and Open" approaches, or even one of each, is not important - the only important thing is getting these opens under your belt.

Extra credit: if you're up for a challenge, see if you can get each of these interactions to last 5 minutes before you either ask for a phone number or excuse yourself.

I did it guys! I was proud because I almost gave up, it was snowing outside!

1st approach; sat next to a girl in a ramen restaurant and sparked up conversation, it went really well and she was nice, but I didnt get the number
2nd approach: sat on the train and a girl sits next to me, I do a direct approach and say shes cute, she wasnt interested

Day 9 is next!

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 9 - Newbie Assignment

You'll be following the guidelines set forth in "Meeting Women on Buses, Trains, and Airplanes"; it's easiest striking up conversation while waiting to board, with nothing to do... striking up a new conversation on the bus or train (or airplane) is certainly doable, but it's a bit trickier. Ask her if she's going anywhere exciting, and get into a conversation that lasts for at least two (2) minutes - and hopefully more. You must do this with two (2) girls - and if you can't find them, or you miss some chances, you have no choice but to continue riding around the subway or the bus circuit until you've done your pair of approaches.
I did it boys! I'm gonna keep it short!

1st approach girl waiting on the train, I went for a direct opener, got her number - I had to go on the same train as her so I ended up talking to her for a while on the train, maybe 10 minutes in total the whole approach.She was a professional in a similiar field so we ended up talking about work in a bad way, (not good!) so I might have screwed things up, but i learned from the experience.

2nd girl also waiting for train, just approached her, she was thankful and she said she was married boo hooo, but i got my 2nd approach in!

Both girls responded well and both approaches went well, I need to read up on deep diving again and finding ways to stop people walking naturally, can't just be yelling at girls to stop as they walk like my approaches from other days.

Cheers!

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Been slacking at work and people have been noticing so its a break day today

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Stuck inside again today, gripped by indecision and work, I abandoned this day to the wind. Disappointment, but I want to be able to dedicate at least 4 hours based on my prev outting.

TLDR''; I bitched out and didn't figure it out like a man

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 10 - Newbie Assignment

"Are you single?" It's time for something a little more meaty. For Day 10, you'll be asking women if they're single. You can read the post on this here: "Are You Single? Why to Always Ask Girls This."

You must approach and ask at least four (4) women if they're single. You don't need to hang around and get into a conversation after they answer you; you can respond with, "Okay thanks; just curious," if you don't know what else to say. But make sure you ask four (4) women this.
I'm writing this late, but I did the challenege earlier today! I did not succumb to fear, and it felt great!

I didn't get any numbers this round, the last 2 girls seemed a bit confused, and i predict with better game they could have been mine.

One said " I don't know, maybe?" to my asking we get coffee, it was quite funny, but i didn't react properly or in time and she walked off after saying she wasn't single.

I noticed 3 things from this outting:

-I did 2 approaches in about 10 minutes then took about 2 hours to do the next two which were within only 5 minutes
I need to build off of my momentum properly and not explore too much.
-I have a fear of approaching women walking in crowds
-I have a fear of approaching women that seem to be wearing expensive clothes, (asians mostly, which also happen to be my FAVORITE)
-I found some new ideal places to approach girls solo

--
TLDR: All in all it wen't well and I asked 4 girls if "they were single"

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Was a lazy fuck yesterday and didn't go to the gaming spot to do day 11, shame!

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 11 - Newbie Assignment

Walk. We'll take a one day break from meeting new women to experiment with something else: your walk. If you remember back in Day 2, we covered posture and got you arching your back, puffing out your chest, and holding your head high. How's your posture been since then? If you're like most people, it's probably slipped back down to what it usually is. Time to give that posture a boost.

Today you're going to practice not only maintaining good posture, but walking strongly and confidently, too. There are a couple of different images you can get in your head to emulate:

• Walking like a really powerful man
  • Walking like a male model
  • Walking like a cowboy

Writing this in a public starbucks so I'll make this fast.

Today I practiced my walk. I read the article on improving my walk. I have to admit it felt awkward, because I tried to do so many things at once.
Keeping my thighs far apart was very fun though, I imagined I had a huge pair of horse nuts between my legs.

I noticed I got way too serious while doing this, perhaps because its just not natural yet. I'll need to set aside time to improve.

My main focus was John Wayne, because I could find the reference

I did notice people got out of my way, and there were moments where I felt more confident.

edit: later same say, after the challenge i began focusing on imagining i got horse sized balls, and moving slow and noticed a BIG difference in how people got out my way, girls looked at me, and people generally aknowledging my presence,.

Last edited:

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
I've noticed im becoming inconsistent. i actually mustered up the courage to go out to the gaming spot today after work, but life stuff took me out the mood completely and I went back home.

Going to meditate and try to find ways mentally to be more consistent.

If anyone can provide any helpful tips that'd be heavily appreciated.

Being able to approach girls while walking would be extremely useful, going to do research on that but tips would be helpful too thanks bros

BTW I will NOT be giving up!!

Last edited:

ShioriGC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Day 12 - Newbie Assignment

Indirect direct. It's time you learned to tell girls you like them. No beating around the bush here - you're not going to be comfortable around women until you're used to laying it all out on the table without a second thought, period. And the way you get used to that is by doing it.

Day 12's exercise builds on the the previous assignments and gives you some choices. The assignment is to open four (4) women using the openers you've previously tried out, and to follow your opener up by saying, "I thought you were cute and wanted to come meet you. I'm [name]."

Did it guys! Complemented 4 girls through cold approach.

I set up 3 - 30 minute session throughout the day and got it cleared, so thats a new record of 4 approaches in 1 1/2 hours. Last time it took almost 3 hours! Also got a number woop woop!

1st approach - sitting in a starbucks, cute asian girl sits next to me, its time to start approaching so i get up and before i leave I tap her shoulder and get her number. She responds well! She responded well to the icebreaker text too, ill just text her tonight to find out her schedule but LMK best practices for the best time when to text a girl for her schedule after meeting them.

I'll save you guys the useless details for the last 3, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th approaches were all done on the street with girls who were walking, 2 asian one white if it matters. All denied me, but im slowly getting better with my day game approaches.

Of-course I complemented them all and said have a nice day when denied, feels good, next one is going to be very tough, because it requires I banter, might need to save it for the weekend but we will see!

Thanks guys!

>