Why is day game so rare?

Darius

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I am currently looking into methods of meeting new women. I have decent game, which I acquired through bars and social circle mostly, but abundance is a problem. I really want to bring more women into my life and achieve the feeling that no matter what, in 2-3 weeks I can find a girlfriend-calibre girl to be with.

So I decided I will give day game a try for the first time ever.

My question is this: Why on earth is it such a rare thing? Why is it that I never saw another man cold approach a woman in all the time and places that I have been throughout my 26 years of life? I really want to go tell a random girl on the street that she's cute, but it just feels... "off" for some reason. Here I am, a man doing something very uncommon that goes against how society says you should meet women.

I get that as a man, going for what you want in life is great and it's our prerogative. But why are so few men doing it? I would personally feel a lot better if it was accepted as a social norm and a common occurrence in our times.

What is your frame on it? Any input is appreciated!

Darius

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I mean you hit the nail on the head. Not socially acceptable common practice. You would never seen it promoted by the media because then it would be encouraging sexual harassment or objectification of women in their eyes and the eyes of feminists and feminist men.

Men just don't have the balls to do something like daygame. Too risky for them. They worry about what the people around them think,the consequences,looking creepy/weird. At best they'll do it once or twice and believe it doesn't work so they wont spend anymore time on it. Fear and anxiety is overwhelming for them like it used to be for me. They're too polite and don't want to risk being intrusive or make a woman feel uncomfortable for a moment because it could linger in the woman's mind and that would make you a horrible man!

It's a good thing that most guys don't do daygame because it's what gives you an advantage/edge over the other average joes swiping on tinder/waiting years to make their move on their crush, or downing 6 shots of hennessy before approaching girls in bars and clubs. That's why I like doing daygame. Some women appreciate it or find it cute when you approach and hit on them because they know it takes courage to go up to a woman you like and compliment them assuming you do it in a attractive way.

Last edited:

Beck Bass

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
That's all very true, but even if you saw a dude cold approaching a girl, would you be able to tell?
I remember many times where I think I saw a guy going talk to a girl, and I couldn't tell if he knew her or not, or what he was up to.
Many times people are not able to hear the conversation at all, so even if you cold approach a girl yourself, a lot of people around you might assume you already knew the girl, that you just confused her with someone you know, or that you were just asking for directions or whatever.
I think most people don't think of that as much of a possibility, so even thinking that this could be the case might be far fetched, but there were a few instances where my instincts were like "dude, was he really cold approaching this girl? This guy has some balls lol". But, of course, I've been doing night game for years, so many situations that people might not even think happen, I know them by heart, and even then, I'm not sure lol.

So it might be you just don't notice the few guys out there that are doing it...

Also, @Darius, your first few approaches at random places will feel off, no matter what, our brain is a bit dumb and afraid of unknown stuff, so until you do it, your brain will keep on telling you "you shouldn't be doing this" and making up reasons as to why. The only thing that can beat this is you being really excited to do it, maybe imagining what good could come off of it, and just throwing caution to the wind and doing it.

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
In bigger cities it's not so uncommon, despite society viewing it as weird

When I lived in toronto I was regularly dealing with competition from other daygamers in popular spots ie I'd be approaching a girl and thered be another guy tryna approach her at the same time

Like beck says - it might be happening more than you think around you...it can be very subtle

Zanardi

Space Monkey
space monkey
I would like to add that it also depends in the city you're daygaming in. If you do it in a smaller city, you may walk 1-2 hours without finding any girls to talk to. The situation is the opposite in a big city, of course.

>