ElderPrice: From 30 y/o virgin to ?

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
4/12/20 I'll take it

Had a decent date yesterday. We met at a park and walked around for a bit. Then I was able to convince her to stick around for some food. We went and got drive through, then parked and ate in the car. I tried multiple times to get her home. 'Hey let's get some takeout/drive through and we can eat at my place...' 'Hey I can show you X back at my place...' 'There's this great takeout joint by my place...' She wasn't budging. Not happening. That's why we ate in the car. She also had to get back to her kid so she had a fairly strict time limit. I got her to stay out later than what she originally planned for, but anything late night just wasn't going to happen.

I did a bunch of touching to FINALLY get some reciprocation at the very end of the date. Things definitely moved in the right direction. Just like when texting, she kept warming up little by little. Not just from the touching. You could just see throughout the date as the conversation moved along she was getting more comfortable. For instance, at the start of the date she was fairly quiet and obviously a little nervous. Toward the end she was cracking jokes too, laughing harder, and again, finally started touching back.

Overall, I'll take it. I'm disappointed it didn't lead to any results, but at the same time, it's crazy to say this: This was one of my best first dates. For those of you following my journal, you know dates have been disasters for me. Girls have just never warmed up and I've been trying to figure out why for a year or two. What makes this one of my best first dates ever is that it's one of the very few where the girl was actually warmer at the end of the date. She wasn't stuck in neutral the whole time. She trended in the right direction. Progress was made.

Changes that I speculate helped (and a lot of these weren't conscious!):
- I'm naturally better at conversation than 1-2 years ago
- multiple date locations
- lots of good persistence to her hesitations
- had legit low expectations, so didn't feel nervous
- pushed the envelope a tiny bit when incorporating touch
- my outfit happened to be a little sexier than what I wore on most dates mentioned in this journal

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Great job man! Keep making progress, you are small steps away from success.

Figure out if it's an objection or a condition.
Objection -> emotional blockage -> "I'm not that kind of girl"
Condition -> Logical blockage -> I can't because I have to pick up my kid at 8pm

An emotional blockage can be framed as a condition but just be an excuse. Try to figure out if her resistance is an objection or condition.

An objection should be solved emotionally and NOT logical. Change her mood, not her mind.
"I'm not that kind of girl" -> Qualify her for SNL traits -> adventures, open minded, spontanious, non-judgemental, do a little sex talk making her feel allowed to have sex with you. It could be your view on casual sex vs societies view on casual sex. Stimulate her emotions, then bring her to a high point and try again.

A condition should be solved logical. "We could go home to you, and pick your kid up later"

A good structure to follow:
Seed your pull idea
Frame it as awesome
Qualify her on the pull idea
Lead her.

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Great job man! Keep making progress, you are small steps away from success.

Figure out if it's an objection or a condition.
Objection -> emotional blockage -> "I'm not that kind of girl"
Condition -> Logical blockage -> I can't because I have to pick up my kid at 8pm

An emotional blockage can be framed as a condition but just be an excuse. Try to figure out if her resistance is an objection or condition.

An objection should be solved emotionally and NOT logical. Change her mood, not her mind.
"I'm not that kind of girl" -> Qualify her for SNL traits -> adventures, open minded, spontanious, non-judgemental, do a little sex talk making her feel allowed to have sex with you. It could be your view on casual sex vs societies view on casual sex. Stimulate her emotions, then bring her to a high point and try again.

A condition should be solved logical. "We could go home to you, and pick your kid up later"

A good structure to follow:
Seed your pull idea
Frame it as awesome
Qualify her on the pull idea
Lead her.
Thank you! Makes sense to me!

Científico

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You're doing quite well, especially if you are getting dates with good girls during this awkward pandemic time.

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You're doing quite well, especially if you are getting dates with good girls during this awkward pandemic time.
Thanks. I'm frustrated that I'm still struggling to get the deal sealed, but yes, I'm grateful I have at least some opportunities to report :)

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey EP, good work here getting some girls back to your place during COVID. Nice job.

A few notes.

She was like a mummy... I forget what reason she gave but she seemed to say with a good amount of insistence that it wasn't me or what I was doing. With her time constraint approaching and this going nowhere, I end it and say let's get you home, I'll walk you out.

So these girls used to throw me for a loop a bit (the "dead corpse" chicks that don't resist but show no sign of enjoyment or reciprocation). I can't say I ever really figured this out but there were a few work arounds that sometimes worked. (Actually you should start a thread discussion on why this happens and how to overcome it. Would be interesting to get the elders feedback on.)

My guess is that some girls are ALWAYS like this and probably most girls that do this do so when they're not overly attracted and turned on but open to "see where this goes... maybe he'll make me horny but I'm not going to make any effort to make this easy". Again speculating here.

Sometimes you get a girl like this and she's like this all the way through sex (and its fucking wierd!!!) but you just keep escalating and they keep not resisting.

Personally it is a big turn off and when I was actively seducing still I'd do one of a few things to try and warm her up a bit:

1. Call her out on it. "Hey this is weird, your super sexy and I want you but you doing zero effort feels like trying to fuck a girl in a coma, I'm not a necrophiliac. If your not into me that fine, the doors over there. If you want to stay then..." --> Tell her what to do (and make it fun). "Here come sit on my lap and rub your hands on my chest and tell daddy you like his sexy body" ... "Suck my neck like your a dying vampire that is desperate to survive" ... "push your tits together and put them close to me like your trying to tempt me to take you"

You could also start with "here I'm going to show you how to kiss" haha

And just command her around and lead her to take an active part of the escalation until she either leaves (she wasn't that into you) or starts getting actually horny and more active. When it works its pretty cool to turn a girls switch like that and see behavior change.

Women like things they have to work for and invest in so if you can snap her out of autopilot and get her working to make YOU horny then its exciting.

She's the one whose being weird and behaving in a way that you don't approve of. Call her out on it and lead her to a better way to do things. Its pretty dominant.

2. On a lighter side you can always go for sex talk and turning her on verbally by stimulating her mind. Best to probably go into more of a lighter mode and share your fantasies etc together. I've used this before to success though more for LMR instead of the "corpse girls"... But I'd imagine that could work as well.

3. Prevention - Build more sexual tension and arousal before escalating so she's really turned on and excited before you start escalating. Typically when I've run into the "corpse girls" I look back on the vibe leading up to the escalation and it had been pretty lame and plantonic. Little sexual tension and a lot of compliance.

Lastly with regards to the time constraint its BS. Don't feel like you need to get her home right on the dot. If she's an hour (or 3) late and you manage to hook up it'll be worth it for both of you.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
I did a bunch of touching to FINALLY get some reciprocation at the very end of the date. Things definitely moved in the right direction. Just like when texting, she kept warming up little by little. Not just from the touching. You could just see throughout the date as the conversation moved along she was getting more comfortable. For instance, at the start of the date she was fairly quiet and obviously a little nervous. Toward the end she was cracking jokes

Yeah its good to move fast but not every girl is going to be able to be a same night lay. Its OK to go at her pace... The problem lies in not keeping up with her pace (i.e. moving too slow and missing escalation windows).

Well done though it sounds like you gave her some good emotions, hopefully exited on your terms on a high note, and got past your plateau with dates so you know how to replicate in the future hopefully.

Let us know what the follow up is with both of the 2 recent girls.

Cheers

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey EP, good work here getting some girls back to your place during COVID. Nice job.

A few notes.

So these girls used to throw me for a loop a bit (the "dead corpse" chicks that don't resist but show no sign of enjoyment or reciprocation). I can't say I ever really figured this out but there were a few work arounds that sometimes worked. (Actually you should start a thread discussion on why this happens and how to overcome it. Would be interesting to get the elders feedback on.)

My guess is that some girls are ALWAYS like this and probably most girls that do this do so when they're not overly attracted and turned on but open to "see where this goes... maybe he'll make me horny but I'm not going to make any effort to make this easy". Again speculating here.

Sometimes you get a girl like this and she's like this all the way through sex (and its fucking wierd!!!) but you just keep escalating and they keep not resisting.

Personally it is a big turn off and when I was actively seducing still I'd do one of a few things to try and warm her up a bit:

1. Call her out on it. "Hey this is weird, your super sexy and I want you but you doing zero effort feels like trying to fuck a girl in a coma, I'm not a necrophiliac. If your not into me that fine, the doors over there. If you want to stay then..." --> Tell her what to do (and make it fun). "Here come sit on my lap and rub your hands on my chest and tell daddy you like his sexy body" ... "Suck my neck like your a dying vampire that is desperate to survive" ... "push your tits together and put them close to me like your trying to tempt me to take you"

You could also start with "here I'm going to show you how to kiss" haha

And just command her around and lead her to take an active part of the escalation until she either leaves (she wasn't that into you) or starts getting actually horny and more active. When it works its pretty cool to turn a girls switch like that and see behavior change.

Women like things they have to work for and invest in so if you can snap her out of autopilot and get her working to make YOU horny then its exciting.

She's the one whose being weird and behaving in a way that you don't approve of. Call her out on it and lead her to a better way to do things. Its pretty dominant.

2. On a lighter side you can always go for sex talk and turning her on verbally by stimulating her mind. Best to probably go into more of a lighter mode and share your fantasies etc together. I've used this before to success though more for LMR instead of the "corpse girls"... But I'd imagine that could work as well.

3. Prevention - Build more sexual tension and arousal before escalating so she's really turned on and excited before you start escalating. Typically when I've run into the "corpse girls" I look back on the vibe leading up to the escalation and it had been pretty lame and plantonic. Little sexual tension and a lot of compliance.

Lastly with regards to the time constraint its BS. Don't feel like you need to get her home right on the dot. If she's an hour (or 3) late and you manage to hook up it'll be worth it for both of you.
This is all great stuff. I read an article here that also mentioned taking her hands and touching them on you. On your bare chest, your leg, your dick, wherever.

Yeah there was more on the table I could have tried, and while I'm a little disappointed in retrospect that I didn't try more, I'm with you man, girls playing dead corpse are a huge turn off for me. And yeah I should have ignored the time constraint.

If I had to guess, I'd say your analysis of these girls sounds reasonable to me. I'm sure a small percentage of girls are indeed like this all the time. But I imagine most cases are girls that just aren't totally into you. You don't really excite them like they found something special and rare.

I say this based on personal experience. In all my time working on seduction, it's just been super super super rare to find a girl really excited to meet me and spend time with me. This was one of my chief complaints/observations of all the failed dates mentioned in this journal. Basically every girl was cold. Not reciprocating touch. Not making a sign of comfort or interest. Just sitting there. I can tell you FWIW that I've yet to feel that any girl is my type. I can sense how girls have different types, but I have yet to discern any type that matches with me. They all feel very different from me. Pretty much every girl feels like I'm trying to seduce out of my type.

So, my speculation here is that you're probably right. This girl wasn't particularly excited and acted accordingly. She still has yet to text me. I'll try calling her to meet up either tomorrow night or Saturday and we'll see what happens. My prediction is she won't answer or respond.

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey EP,

I'm glad to see some progress here. So if I understand, you pulled a girl home from online dating and ended up shooting your load inside her mouth :) That deserves full congratulations, man!

Some random thoughts:
  • Erections problems often arise when we are "too much in our head". I suppose that the anxiety, and the expectations of losing virginity are all going in this way. This anxiety should disappear with time so hopefully you will get there.
  • I am normally the one advocating for condom, but in your case you should consider skipping the condom and go for withdrawal. Condoms are not making things easier, maybe for your first time you should consider not to compound with additional difficulties.
  • Maybe what you need is to teach yourself to relax and enjoy. If blowjobs work for you, how about just sticking to that for now.
  • We all work differently, but for me, if I feel I'm not hard enough, the trick is to go down on her and lick her pussy. It makes me hard every time.
Now about the girl you took on a date.

I tried multiple times to get her home. 'Hey let's get some takeout/drive through and we can eat at my place...' 'Hey I can show you X back at my place...' 'There's this great takeout joint by my place...' She wasn't budging. Not happening.

It sounds like you asked, and she didn't approve. This is typically where leading her to your home, as opposed to asking her, is helpful. The way I would have done is to drive her directly to this takeout joint near your place. Once you guys have your takeaway food, then lead her smoothly to your home. You tell her "My home is just there. Let's just go and eat there. Come on." Well, something along these lines, which consist in not asking her opinion, and just acting like the sales is already concluded. You come from a position of authority. Just be careful that once she starts to voice "No", it's going to be harder to make her change her mind. And you may get more and more "No". It's negative compliance ladder. That's why you want to frame the whole thing in a way that she is not offered a chance to say No. And once she's with you at home, you'll find that whatever objections she may have had, no longer exist.

But anyway, the most interesting thing is this:
I did a bunch of touching to FINALLY get some reciprocation at the very end of the date. Things definitely moved in the right direction. Just like when texting, she kept warming up little by little. Not just from the touching. You could just see throughout the date as the conversation moved along she was getting more comfortable. For instance, at the start of the date she was fairly quiet and obviously a little nervous. Toward the end she was cracking jokes too, laughing harder, and again, finally started touching back.
I want to stress that it is an important difference we have. I am usually able to achieve this state, where she warms up and relax and laugh, within the first 15 to 30 minutes. Most of the time anyway. Once in this state, she is much more receptive to touch, and she will reciprocate (if not initiate) touch. Even more, if she starts to be overly giggling and excited, it's usually because she is getting aroused. It is then much easier to have her follow you to your home.

So I am glad to see you got there. Now I would ask myself what exactly I have done different to make her warm up. You are up to something that you need to identify, reproduce, and improve. It's an important key.

There is also your repeated observation that your girls are usually cold and non responsive. I have had some "hard cases" like this - but maybe 20 to 30% of the time? Certainly not all the time.

Now, your emotions are contagious. Any anxiety, hesitation, lack of confidence, will transpire, and she will feel it. Could it be that some of your internal emotions are affecting her? That would explain your observation.

So I would also ask myself about my vibe. It is absolutely essential to display zero anxiety, and to be in full control of yourself. Of course it becomes easier with experience, but at the beginning you should try to emulate confidence. I started by emulating it (hiding my hesitations and doubts). But later I didn't need to emulate it anymore.

Now, suppose you get another such hard, less than ideal situation. She's cold and not opening up. So what do you do? You can (1) try your luck and hope to get date 2, or (2) attempt a pull anyway. That's the eternal question. My own answer to this situation was, since there is very little chance I will see her again, I might as well attempt a pull. Things often take a different turn, once at home! I had cases where I was not sure where I stood, and decided to act in spite of my doubts, for a positive surprise at home. In fact, at the beginning, you will always be in doubt. Only when you have more pulls under your belt, will you start to develop a good sense of where you stand.

Anyway man, I want to say again that I'm happy to see your progress! You are up to something, so keep trying.

Seppuku

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Seppuku Re: ED, at the moment, I suspect it's a combination of being in my head and not being relaxed. Since I have only 4 or 5 data points with a girl near my johnson, I'll need more data points. But in the mean time, I've been working on a number of relaxation techniques, including specifically working to relax pelvic floor muscles.

Re: this date and the attempted pulls. Before the date, I tried multiple times for us to meet so we can go around in one car. She wouldn't do it. I think she just wouldn't trust someone she met online and I can't blame her for that. So we had to take 2 cars and meet at the park. I think I offered for us to take one car to get food, but she declined. I got her to agree to get food (she wanted to call it a date) but not to taking one car to the restaurant.

Re: the warming up: If you're needing 15-30 minutes to get a girl from dead cold to warm and initiating touch, and I need an hour, then my guess is the issue is the conversation. I don't have and plans or routines for the conversation. It's all natural and instinct. There's usually a couple things I'm keeping an eye on or a place I'm trying to lead the conversation to or an emotion I'm trying to stimulate, but I don't have a line by line game plan on how to get there. So, my guess is that there's just a bunch of seduction milestones that I'm not doing in the conversation that an expert makes sure not to miss. Just my guess.

Re: emotions: Since state transfer is always a thing, then yeah I think logically that means if the girl isn't feeling highly sexual/aroused/dtf it's because I wasn't emitting those emotions. On this date, all I can say is that it was the calmest I've been on a date in recent memory, possibly ever. No chance I was exhibiting any negative emotions, but yeah I guess it's entirely possible I still wasn't emitting enough positive emotion.

Now, suppose you get another such hard, less than ideal situation. She's cold and not opening up. So what do you do?
The same thing you've recommended for about as long as this journal has existed: just go for the pull :) As I discussed with Rob though, these situations are kind of a bitch. Girls playing dead corpse are a big turn off. Plus my last few opportunities threw time constraints that sounded legit, so it was tough to ignore. Next time I'll try harder to push through, but it is kind of irritating dealing with as many dead corpses as I have. Hopefully one day we can determine why I repel the living! :D

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Before the date, I tried multiple times for us to meet so we can go around in one car. She wouldn't do it. I think she just wouldn't trust someone she met online and I can't blame her for that. So we had to take 2 cars and meet at the park. I think I offered for us to take one car to get food, but she declined. I got her to agree to get food (she wanted to call it a date) but not to taking one car to the restaurant.
If you have been trying to convince her going on one car before the date, on "multiple times", she may view it suspicious as to why you are so much insisting on this - and now she's guarded against the idea. Next time (and next girl), how about you just avoid discussing this online? When you two meet, you just get on her passenger seat, then tell her "hey I know a nice joint, let me show you the way". And now you two are in the same car.

Again, not asking. I'm a huge advocate of avoiding to vocalize things when you can. You can do things from a position of authority, without asking or talking about it, when it helps. Sometimes it is better to just lead her, rather than talk her into things. The idea is also to get her to comply with your leadership.

There is one thing in your journey that continues to puzzle me. You are getting more than your fair share of "dead corpses". Inevitably there will be cases when the two meet and find out there's just no chemistry. I have my share of cases like this. But the majority of the time your girl must be coming with a positive disposition towards you. She freed up some time and went the trouble of dressing up and coming all the way. All that for a guy she doesn't like? Strange. You should have at least 50% of your girls coming to the date with positive intentions.

So if I'm right, there's something in your vibe that is turning her off? Anxiety, stress? Nervousness? Or are you naturally "cold" in person? Sorry man, just speculating because I don't know you personally. In any case, the vibe should be extremely relaxed and flirty. You must appear to be in control. She must be comfortable with you.

This date is also one of the most successful ones, where she eventually got comfortable with you and opened up to you. So you have to look what you were doing different this time. This could be a big hint:
On this date, all I can say is that it was the calmest I've been on a date in recent memory, possibly ever.

Also note that in the past, I suspected congruence issues could be a factor.

Re: the warming up: If you're needing 15-30 minutes to get a girl from dead cold to warm and initiating touch, and I need an hour, then my guess is the issue is the conversation.
Not sure. The vibe is also a big thing. I don't really have conversation routines. I just get her to talk about her, keep a laid back and cool vibe, and start touching her gently while she speaks. Nothing complicated. But the overall mood turns sexy very quickly. It's nothing I specifically say.

Anyway, good luck.

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
When you two meet, you just get on her passenger seat, then tell her "hey I know a nice joint, let me show you the way". And now you two are in the same car.
This is a pretty fantastic idea, I must say!

So if I'm right, there's something in your vibe that is turning her off? Anxiety, stress? Nervousness? Or are you naturally "cold" in person? Sorry man, just speculating because I don't know you personally. In any case, the vibe should be extremely relaxed and flirty. You must appear to be in control. She must be comfortable with you.
Nothing like that to my knowledge. But, I wouldn't describe myself as the most relaxed person in the world. Shoot Rob a DM - he can give a 3rd party assessment.

Thank you sir!

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
4/22/20

I tried calling the two girls I had dates with last week. No answer. This came after pinging them over the weekend. Goners. With that, I'm now pretty much all out of leads. Online apps have just gone bone dry. I'm getting fewer matches and significantly lower response rates without changing anything. I'll see how much day game I can pull off until things open up back to normal. But I'm expecting this to get worse before it gets better. If there's another month of shutdown, and my leads stay non-existent, my depression is going to creep back. It's already started.

On the bright side, I finally got around to starting the game Super Seducer that @Mr.Rob suggested.

I think it's definitely a helpful game. It's not perfect, but it's good to watch an interaction, decide how it progresses, and instantly learn why your choices are right or wrong.

I think I'm getting around 70% correct on all the questions, with the majority of the misses being me misunderstanding what the answer choice is saying. For example, something will sound right if interpreted and delivered playfully, but his delivery will end up being obnoxious, obviously wrong, and not what I intended the response to be.

I've only completed 4 segments so far, but the biggest thing I'm noticing at this point is that he really scales back touch and sex talk. They're basically non-existent in his examples. He also doesn't seem to be flirting all that much. It looks like mostly deep diving. Also in 3 of these 4 segments it ends in success with him grabbing a phone number. I was hoping he would show more aggressiveness in going for instant dates or same day lays. Maybe that comes later. I'm not actually sure how many segments there are total and what they cover.

I'll keep at it and report back.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
I've only completed 4 segments so far, but the biggest thing I'm noticing at this point is that he really scales back touch and sex talk. They're basically non-existent in his examples. He also doesn't seem to be flirting all that much. It looks like mostly deep diving. Also in 3 of these 4 segments it ends in success with him grabbing a phone number. I was hoping he would show more aggressiveness in going for instant dates or same day lays.

Nice job on getting super seducer!

Yeah the main reason I wanted you to get the game was to study the vibe of the date and emulate that. The product itself is designed for a wider audience and at a beginner level so it's a slightly vanilla version of the more sexual and aggressive game we teach over here.

That said Richard does have plenty of examples of flirting and going for the kiss and escalating (in super seducer 2 you actually get to go on an instant date and bang a girl in under an hour) so it's not totally PC.

That said you could totally run super seducer game and get great results of you have good fundamentals and attraction. Better yet use the SS model as a foundation and build more advanced techniques and aggression on top of that baseline.

Again the focus to study is the vibe and emotional experience for the woman and seek to replicate that in your seductions. That at the end of the day is all seduction is is creating an emotional experience that sucks her in and makes her horny.

Lmk how u like it when u finish.

With regards to getting depressed you need to suck it up soldier. Due to an illness I've been battling I've been on 4 dates in the past 3 years and haven't gotten laid since 2017!!!! (Coming from getting laid once or twice a month)

I'm not depressed! Actually this year I finally had a breakthrough to where my sex drive had come back full force and am healthy enough to actually have sex and not the Coronavirus hit and I'm immune compromised so it looks like I won't be fucking until the vaccine comes out!

I think you can get through a month of no dates without feeling sorry for yourself.

No excuses. As a man you shouldn't need women to feel good emotions, you should be able to draw state from within.

If it's the halt of progress that's depressing well same thing. You think all your skills and progress is going to unravel in 30 days.. not a chance. In fact you might find with a good break away you come back even stronger.

Stay productive and mind occupied in the meantime. But don't sit there in a sad state of self pity because you "don't have any girls to text on a date". Go through this dry spell like a man God damnit!

:cool:

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
With regards to getting depressed you need to suck it up soldier. Due to an illness I've been battling I've been on 4 dates in the past 3 years and haven't gotten laid since 2017!!!! (Coming from getting laid once or twice a month)

I'm not depressed! Actually this year I finally had a breakthrough to where my sex drive had come back full force and am healthy enough to actually have sex and not the Coronavirus hit and I'm immune compromised so it looks like I won't be fucking until the vaccine comes out!
Not to derail EP's journal, but I want to comment on this. I knew about your illness @Mr.Rob but I was under the impression that you were already more or less over it. Apparently it was still going on. Sorry about that. Happy to see you have your sex drive back though. Looking forward to see you fully back on track soon.

@ElderPrice It seems to me that your recent progress is cause for celebration, not depression.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Apparently it was still going on. Sorry about that. Happy to see you have your sex drive back though. Looking forward to see you fully back on track soon.

Thanks Seppuku, yeah I've been fortunate enough to make some good improvements in quality of life. That said it looks like for the foreseeable future I'll be partially disabled (70% homebound) but hey I've got the internet to work from home, great network of friends/mentors, and a sex drive back in full function so I feel pretty confident I'll be able to build a somewhat normal life moving forward.

I'm still pushing for a full recovery but I'm content with where I'm at if this is my limit.

@ElderPrice It seems to me that your recent progress is cause for celebration, not depression.

Yeah I didn't mean to derail the thread with the woes of my life but yeah if your letting yourself get depressed you're totally dropping the ball. What good is that mindset going to do for preparing you for the opening of everything?

It's going to be a field day of women when this thing opens, you need to be focused on how to capitalize on that.

What's depressing is there's some guy in NYC hooked up to a ventilator slowly dying alone gasping for air. That's depressing.

Waiting around another month before doing pickup again is just a mild inconvenience.

There's people with my disease (ME/CFS) that are literally never going to see the light of day again or leave their bed.

I think you can handle another month without pickup followed by one of the best times to pickup girls in the history of the 21st century (perhaps).

Gotta get your mind on the zone man, your in the last couple miles of the marathon, the finish line is in site.. don't give up mentally right before u get to the finish line.

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I mean, I get where EP is coming from. He'd just gotten his medical issues sorted out and had just gotten his own place. To have this virus hit immediately after that when there was some really good positive momentum going seems like the universe playing a cruel joke.

But EP! I'm guessing after this is all over in a few months or less you will still have your own place, and your medical issues will still be fixed. That's the main thing. That positive momentum will come back - you've already sorted out two of the biggest things holding you back. And you're only 31. Are you worried that you're running out of time and the next few months are critical? Women are not going anywhere, they'll still be there when this is over. Your best days are still ahead of you dude.

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
4/24 @Mr.Rob

I finished all the remaining SS segments last night. There were only 4 or 5 more to go after my post. Now, what was interesting was on the final segment, I discovered there were multiple right answers for a certain question, which led to different possible story progressions afterward. Also, after completing the last segment, the guy has a video congratulating you for finishing all the segments and saying if you explore whatever percent of the answers, you'll get some sort of bonus content. So for these two reasons, I'm going to go back and explore at least the.. let's say.. more assertive answers. Actually, I want to see the absolutely absurd answers too for the laughs. Anyway, for all I know maybe he'll show some of the direct ones work and open up some alternative story progressions. Then in the coming months, I'll continue going through all the segments again to drill into my mind how conversations are supposed to flow and to sort of memorize how to deal with common issues.

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Mr.Rob @Seppuku @Mooser

@Mr.Rob I think you're misunderstanding where that emotion is coming from for me. It's not any of the things you mentioned. I don't care at whatever skills unraveling whether or not that actually turns out to be the case. I'm not feeling sorry for myself. And I'm not seeking pity.

You're absolutely right that 'a man shouldn't need women' to be happy, but I'm not sure that's exactly the scenario in my situation.

I think for me it's more of an achievement thing, or a character build thing, or a general success at life thing. I'm sure that doesn't make sense so I'll try to explain.

I basically wasted my youth with regards to women. I wasn't raised with any manly presence or influence. None. Therefore, I never learned extremely basic things about attracting women or similarly, how to be a man. As a result, I've never had a girlfriend and am technically still a virgin. At 31. I've had to teach myself EVERYTHING and besides from GC, pretty much all by myself.

Throughout my journey, the fact that these facts about me exist has caused me to feel embarrassed, humiliated, and basically a waste of a human being. It's not good being an able-bodied young man struggling to figure out things normal people figure out in high school or college. But, fortunately these feelings will be a thing of the past because for years I've been working on myself and making pretty clear progress. I'm committed to becoming quite a fucking success, so that these early chapters in my life actually end up being literally nothing more than early chapters, instead of being the entire story.

So where does this periodic depression come from? It comes from temporarily not being able to move forward. In the past, it came when hitting plateaus where no matter what I tried, nothing worked. Or really bad outings where I approach dozens of girls and none are even close to being interested. A day or two ago it was this corona situation - not only are opportunities to meet girls out and about basically shut down, but my apps have dried up and the numbers I did have dried up too. Then add to that that pretty much no friends are pinging me or reaching out to me either. So yeah, it's depressing. Not because I'm not getting pussy. I don't care about that per se. I've managed without pussy for a long time. But the depressive part is the hindrance on making progress. Not referring to progress as in studying, since I do that anyway. Progress as in talking to real girls - actual practice and improvement. Or the hindrance on achieving a goal, or on my ability to add the chapters to my life that involve success, conquest, and victory on a particular topic that means a lot to me. A topic that happens to be women. I hope that makes sense.

Please also be aware that these periodic bouts of depression have achieved something positive for me. After years of going on this roller coaster ride of emotional ups and downs, I've been able to feel something interesting since I am obviously making steady progress: The lows get less depressing each time, and because I've gone through so many of these ups and downs, I feel like I'm basically well-trained to know to wait it out. In other words, I know from experience that it's just a low point in a roller coaster ride. Just hang on because an upward jolt WILL be coming, just as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow. No philosophical bullshit or anything.. just knowledge from experience.

Finally, please know I didn't mention the depression to seek pity or to fish for replies or anything like that. I simply mentioned it because it's a journal, and I figure a journal is most helpful to those reading along if it's more transparent. I could have easily not mentioned it to avoid the prospect of any 'suck it up' comments, but it didn't feel right. I just believe if this journal is going to be as helpful as possible to other guys, it should share as much as possible.

Sorry man, didn't mean to come directly at you or anything. You know you're my #1 bae. Well, maybe after Seppuku. Can't decide :)

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I get what you mean now. And can relate to the roller coaster ride of ups and downs. It's good the depressive plunges are getting less and less so each time for you and that you know they will end, some of mine have gotten worse since this journey started. I do wonder though - you said you're now well-trained to know to wait it out - I wonder if now might be a good time to try and think of ways of cutting it in its tracks while it's happening. There are a lot of factors out of our control that will cause us to plateau in life at points but we can't accept going into depressive periods when this happens as a part of life. That can't be healthy! I mean it's out of our control! I actually broke down crying in my car when the bars closed a month ago because I was making some real progress with nightgame and then this virus hit. But the next day I thought - it's out of my control. Now, I still hate the stupid virus. Fuck the virus and the shittiness it's caused. Fuck the fact that all the bars are closed because of it. But I'm not going to let myself get depressed about it because it's out of my control. And I'll find something else to make progress on (in my case, I've gotten much better at guitar over the last few weeks).

A while back I suggested trying to find something else to focus on - good thing you didn't listen to me because you've managed to bring chicks over to yours since then. But if all your leads really have dried up, I really think finding something else that you can make tangible progress in in in the meantime (not necessarily girl related but it might be something that you could show and teach girls some day) is something you might want to consider again, at least just for this short time... and if you get a new lead then feel free to drop that and go back to women!

I'm committed to becoming quite a fucking success, so that these early chapters in my life actually end up being literally nothing more than early chapters, instead of being the entire story.

Fuck yeah!!

>