Fight deep approach inhibition in a small town vs. a city? (Inter-continental travels!)

ThePhoenix

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
TL;DR:    Iʼve come temporarily to a town of 14,000, but will soon move to a city of 1.7  million, full  of my type. Is  it worth spending  time trying  to overcome deep‑rooted approach  inhibition while Iʼm here in  this town, or should  I  forget girls here, allowing me to move quicker?

Travels

Two  months ago, I  fled my Western nation, due  to the Westʼs increasing political extremism. (Stay  tuned for follow‑up in the “something  bigger than COVID” thread.) I  wound  up temporarily in Central  America, in a town of 14,000  people.

I  could stay here indefinitely, but the plan is to continue  on to Kampala, a city of 1.7  million in Uganda. I  really want  to live  in East  Africa. But there  are some things I  need  to handle first, which Iʼm trying to do from my temporary home here in Central  America.

Background

I  spent two  decades avoiding women, for various stupid and deluded reasons. Smartened  up and came  to a solid understanding, but unfortunately an introverted nature compounded by many years of near‑total avoidance left  me with debilitating approach  inhibition.

In my home  city, the inhibition was exacerbated by my obstinate desire to touch nothing  but black women, who make  up not  even  10% of my cityʼs females. Looking  at 90% of the women around  you as  though they donʼt  even have a pussy, makes approaching the remainder really  intimidating. I  would spend a whole day at a busy megamall, around thousands  of women and hundreds  of black women, yet only manage  to approach one  or  two. Over  time those one  or  two cumulatively did get  me laid, but it  took forever, which led  to fatal performance  anxiety.

Opening up to other races would have been a logical solution, but I  wasnʼt  having  it at  all, so instead I  decided to move to a  city where most  of the women are black, anyway.

Alas, practicality kept that on the back  burner for several years, until finally a draconian vaccine mandate trumped practicality.

Opening Up

As for Central  America, I  was not expecting to fancy the chicks here; I  had assumed they mostly  all had the stereotypical Latina look. But I  was  wrong!

For one, girls that are at  least part-black are a way  larger fraction than in my home  city. Most are mixed, but these can  be quite beautiful, especially mixtures with the Mezzo‑American “natives.” I  also happen to be in a pocket where those natives themselves are still quite common: the  Maya, who built all  those crazy pyramid temples. Some even speak  Maya! Well, I  thought I  only liked black  girls, until I  saw Maya  chicks.

And so I  am now open to a fairly large chunk of the women around  me — a stark contrast to my home  city!

I  still love African women way more. And there are other advantages to living  in Kampala. So I  donʼt plan to stay in Central  America indefinitely. But Iʼd really like  to sleep  with some girls  here while  Iʼm  here.

Iʼm almost as exotic to these Central  American chicks as they  are to  me, and Iʼve caught some noticing  me. A  couple even coyly said  “hi” after  they saw  me looking. Oh,  man, so  much potential!

I  initially figured that my newfound openness would ease the approach  inhibition. To  that  end, I  asked myself to look  at even Mestiza, the least  exotic chicks common  here.

I  also did a very good thing from day  one: I  made a  point to greet people on the street. I  come from a very introverted city, so this was quite alien for  me, but Iʼve been doing  it anyway. Back  home, I  usually didnʼt have the balls, but here it  is not as difficult. Not  that people  here greet all  the  time, but they also donʼt have this stunned, “oh,  my  God, this random  guy is talking  to  me”  look. I  made a  point to randomly greet people because it would make  it more natural to randomly greet women.

As a result, I  have randomly greeted more attractive chicks here in  one  month than I  did in several years back  home.

Alas, this has not led to actually hitting  on chicks. It has just moved the inhibition from step  1 to step  2. Iʼve planned some good routines, but after wandering around for hours on a  number of occasions, so  far I  havenʼt been able to push  myself to even take  it past a  mere greeting.

Motivation is certainly not the issue. I  decided not  to masturbate in Africa, and so  far I  havenʼt masturbated in Central  America, either.

So I  havenʼt had orgasm in three months, which is making me badly want to fuck the locals. The  other  day I  was checking  out a hot Maya chick, and the  thought of putting a baby in  her made  me hard right  there in the store! I  kept trying to approach, but somehow in  spite  of intense desire, the inhibition still won. Itʼs driving  me out  of my  mind!

Population Problems

I  think I  know why the vast increase in the fraction of women I  like has  not relaxed the inhibition much: 50%  of 7,000  chicks is actually a much  smaller number than 7%  of a  million  chicks! This  is partly why Kampala is still a priority: 60%  of 825,000  chicks is a number vastly  larger than either  of  those!

Going from my home city to this little town, my opportunity frequency actually hasnʼt changed much. Iʼve  just traded seeing many chicks I  donʼt  like for seeing fewer  chicks. Both here and back  home, it takes several minutes to run  into one  chick I  like.

For contrast, I  have seen Go  Pro videos of downtown Kampala streets. In  one, I  counted two  hundred  and  eighty at‑least  fuckable chicks in  29  minutes. That is a degree of abundance that neither my home  city nor this little Central  American town even  begins to approach.

And then thereʼs the reduced anonymity. Coming from a major city, I  feel less safe here to hit  on a woman randomly. Almost  like the whole  town is watching  me.

Of course, thatʼs just the inhibition talking. Just  like it talks when thereʼs more  than  one chick together. Or a  cop nearby. Or when the opener I  had in  mind all  of  a  sudden seems dumb. Or when the girl ahead  of  me turns down some small street and itʼs going  to seem creepy if I  do, too. Or when the girl looks young and I  donʼt know how  to deduce a  girlʼs age here.

I  do suspect population affects inhibition. A  few years ago I  visited a  country where I  also kind  of liked the female aesthetics, and in  spite  of spending far  less time there, with almost  no day  game experience, no sexual experience, and a language barrier, I  actually managed to do one day  game cold  approach. Well, thatʼs one  more than Iʼve done here, even  after vastly  more time spent trying and much  better preparation. But that was a  city of a  million, whereas this is a town of 14,000.

The frustrating thing is, there are enough women I  like here, and Iʼm exotic enough to  them, that I  could get pussy easily — if  only I  would approach. Likewise, I  could get pussy easily in my home  city, even in  spite  of only going  for a minority — if  only I  would approach.

Other Problems

• In this town Iʼm in, facemasks have to be worn even outdoors, and theyʼre strict about  it, so compliance is high. That really limits subtle body  language. In my home  city, I  found that facemasks vastly amplified my inhibition. (The  Western  publicʼs overall COVID  paranoia was no  doubt also  a  factor.) Kampala, by  contrast, has had some mask mandates, but last I  checked, compliance was fairly  low.

• Most of the approaches Iʼve ever done in  past have been in shopping malls or supermarkets. But stores here are typically small, cramped, and watched closely by the owner, so Iʼve felt  it wiser to try to do street approaching, but this is quite unfamiliar to  me. Street  approaching will probably be preferable in Africa, too, so I  need  to get used  to  it.

• Chicks on bicycles are a challenge — especially when theyʼre passing from  behind, — and I  see  them regularly  here.

These are things I  need to play with, but playing is hard when youʼre so inhibited. Missing  skills in  turn only add  back to the inhibition. It doesnʼt  help that clear opportunities to play are only sporadic, not rapid‑fire.

A Difficult Choice

Iʼm really torn right now. On one hand, I  desire the chicks here, and being closed‑off sexually isnʼt healthy. On  the other  hand, I  am afraid that I  will just spin  my  wheels — as  I  did for  years back  home — just wandering around chickening  out.

To be clear, Iʼm moving regardless. The question is whether to just focus on the move totally, or continue  to devote a portion of my time to wandering around the town trying to push  myself to approach chicks here. Doing  so consumes significant time that would  have made the move happen sooner, so there is a trade‑off between reaching Kampala faster but ignoring women in  the meantime, or not  ignoring women, but taking longer to be surrounded by much  larger numbers of  them.

In part it depends on timing: the longer Iʼll be here, the more important it  is to try to get sex here.

Iʼd guess I  may be here anywhere from 1  to 5  months. It will tend towards the longer  end if I  keep trying to approach. It  also depends on how  well I  put my ducks in  a  row before I  venture to Kampala. A  cautious strategy could be many months; “Just  do  it,” could happen in a  few weeks or  so, if I  stop trying to chase  tail  here.

Itʼs worth noting that, girls aside, I  am frequently running into needless practical hiccups from living here instead  of Kampala. Well, blowing  time wandering around chickening  out is prolonging these irritating and wasteful situations.

“Just approach the chicks you happen to see incidentally,” is a suggestion I  expect may come  up, because itʼs logical and low-cost. Unfortunately, approach  inhibition is far  too entrenched in  me for  that to work. In  my experience, I  can only push  myself to approach on lengthy outings where I  am completely focussed on doing  so. More positive experiences may fix  that, but not in the short  term.

I  would hate to significantly delay my move to Africa over Central  American pussy, only  to not get  any anyway because I  couldnʼt shake the approach  inhibition with such limited population.

So, what do you think? Keep spending time pushing myself to approach here? Or just focus on moving sooner? Any  other suggestions or feedback also welcome. Thanks  for  reading!

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I  kept trying to approach, but somehow in  spite  of intense desire, the inhibition still won. Itʼs driving  me out  of my  mind!
“Just approach the chicks you happen to see incidentally,” is a suggestion I  expect may come  up, because itʼs logical and low-cost. Unfortunately, approach  inhibition is far  too entrenched in  me for  that to work. In  my experience, I  can only push  myself to approach on lengthy outings where I  am completely focussed on doing  so. More positive experiences may fix  that, but not in the short  term.
Hi @ThePhoenix

Do you have the time to do more 'lenthy outings' before moving, where you can get some approaches in?

What is your process during lengthy outings that makes you more likely to approach and have less approach anxiety?

ThePhoenix

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hi @Rain, thanks for the interest!

Do you have the time to do more 'lenthy outings' before moving, where you can get some approaches in?

I  can make time for long approach missions, but I  donʼt know how many itʼll take before I  start approaching. Or what approach frequency I  will plateau  at.

One  or  two approaches per 6  hour mission may be possible. (Without  inhibition, a  couple  dozen per mission wouldʼve been easily  possible.) But it could take a  number of long missions, potentially a  month or more, to break  through and make that first approach  here.

The cost of seeking sex here may be unjustifiably high in the big picture. If I  am out on a mission for 6  to  8  hours, plus overhead, I  have largely expended that day. If that day only gets me 1.5  approaches, that could require me to commit about 13  days and maybe as  many  as 40  days to get a single lay. And, if it takes me 10  missions to ramp  up my approaching, thatʼs another 10  days gone. So, the first lay could cost between 13  and  50  days, but since I  canʼt spend every  day approaching, this could  be anywhere from 6  to  36  weeks!

I  may well get my next lay faster by just giving  up here and hustling to move quicker.

That is making various assumptions, though. It assumes that Iʼd have to approach probably  20  and possibly  60  chicks to get a lay. This is based on experience back  home, but that may not be representative. For  one, I  made most of those approaches and dates as a seduction virgin. I  was also approaching chicks who seducers from other places have called “bitchy and entitled.” I  wasnʼt remotely exotic, either. The trajectory could be far  different once I  manage to start approaching in this Central  American town. If I  find the girls to be significantly more open than those I  am used  to, that could easily lower my inhibition and snowball!

My assessment also assumes that Iʼd be able to approach girls more quickly from the get‑go in Kampala. This is very, very probable, but not guaranteed.

It would be good to at least try a few approaches here. Frustratingly, though, I  so  far havenʼt been able to do  that even on dedicated approach  missions.

Iʼm going to try switching to a different masturbation hack, one that in  past helped  me get a consistent one  or  two approaches per long mission. Even thatʼs not  nearly enough, but at  least Iʼd get to see how these chicks respond  to  me.

I  canʼt justify continuing to wander around for hours, only to not  even hit  on one chick. If that keeps  up too  much longer, Iʼm going  to have  to give  it  up. I  hope I  can break  through before  then.

What is your process during lengthy outings that makes you more likely to approach and have less approach anxiety?

To be clear, the inhibition is still very high even on dedicated missions.

Thereʼs not really a fundamentally different process, other than (i)  try  to  go  where girls are more frequent and/or easier to approach, (ii)  stay  out a  long time, and (iii)  donʼt  have anything  else substantial to  do.

Some possible factors:
  • Assuming some fixed probability of taking an approach, simple math says that if youʼre out long enough to see 10 × more girls, your chances of approaching one are ~9.5 × higher. With that said, I  tend to see more  than this increase, so other factors likely also contribute.

• The pain of chickening  out is fresher in my mind, and likely repeated in rapid succession. Eventually it spills  over and pushes  me to  approach.

• More focus, because approaching is the main task; I  donʼt have to take myself out of “auto‑pilot,” which very  often doesnʼt happen.

• There isnʼt some other main task which could have become an easy excuse for inaction. “Oh,  well, she turned down  a different  street.”

• More opportunities means more chances for seeing an opportunity that looks easy enough.

• Little things like not having to push around a big shopping cart.

When on an approach mission, I  very often push much closer to approaching. I  face the approach  monster head  on, and it usually picks  me  up and throws  me away  from the girl, but not  always. By  contrast, when I  have something  else Iʼm doing  anyway, I  just  see the monster and decide not  to  bother.

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I  canʼt justify continuing to wander around for hours, only to not  even hit  on one chick. If that keeps  up too  much longer, Iʼm going  to have  to give  it  up. I  hope I  can break  through before  then.
I know that feeling! It's not good eh. But recently I've become, in some situations, better at approaching and risking rejection. But I'm not trying to game, I'm opening and closing in one sentence, just to try get over some AA. I'll get to that further down.

When on an approach mission, I  very often push much closer to approaching. I  face the approach  monster head  on, and it usually picks  me  up and throws  me away  from the girl, but not  always. By  contrast, when I  have something  else Iʼm doing  anyway, I  just  see the monster and decide not  to  bother.
See, I remember you writing something a while ago, about you can walk up near a woman, but just can't quite get your legs to stop or can't quite get the words to come out of your mouth. I have this as well. It makes me so angry. Recently I've made a bit of progress.

Question for you. When that happens, is your heart/pulse going really faster than normal?
For me, its not, yet I still don't approach. That said, when I first started doing this years ago, my heart might have been going a bit faster. Or maybe not, hard to remember. Definitely possible of some adrenaline maybe though or butterflies.
But, the lack of super obvious butterflies, doesn't guarantee an approach, for me.

What was that masturbation change thing that you did that you said helps you have less AA or do more approaches?
Have you tried the newbie mission on this forum?
Have you tried TRE?

I read this the other day[I think I was searching for something else and found this on accident]
Different stages of approach abilities?

This the TRE thread

This the newbie mission newbie assignment

I just wondered if you'd tried any of the above?

Now onto what I've done recently. I think Gunwitch said if you can do 50x or 100x approaches and say
"Hey. I'm strapped for time, give me your number so I can ask you out sometime"
Do that 50x in a month or something, that might help alot with AA.

For me, I started out doing hairdye opener that just seems to get me to at least open, and then I transitioned into the line above or something similar[eg I'm pretty busy/I've got to go, if you give me your number I can ask you out sometime].
The part of the line isn't "if you give me your number" its "give me your number". I'm suggesting the "if you" as like a warmup or to get used to it at first if necessary.

But, now, I just go up, stationary woman, say hi/hows it going to get her attention, not getting too close but not too far away either, she looks and replies or looks and ignores,
then after passing her in the aisle I stop. Turn back to face her and say "Hey!" with a slight tone of I have an exciting idea or I know her or that tone to get someones attention... . "I'm strapped for time. GIve me your number so I can ask you out sometime".
I've done that quite a few times recently, despite not having done the newbie mission etc.
You can also still do warmups if need be, eg hows it going to randoms or ones not that interested in.

I still miss sets, and still also need to make this doable in nonaisle areas, and also doable where there might be other customers around.
eg me customer, another customer[her], and some other random whos not with her or me, but is also in the kmart aisle or supermarket aisle or whatever.

Maybe you could try an indirect opener that you're most comfortable with, and then close straight away with the Gunwitch type thing. Then at some point , try the Gunwitch thing as the open/close in one sentence.

Do you find that once you get the first one out of the way, it becomes easier for that approach session?

Last edited:

ThePhoenix

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Just thought Iʼd post an update..

@Rain: You covered a number of interesting points a while back. I  had drafted parts of a reply, but now I really want to see first what happens in Kampala; it would probably be more useful that I answer from that perspective. (So, I will revisit your last post once I have gotten settled in Kampala.)

Update:

I  ultimately reasoned that it was far more efficient to focus on getting to Kampala quicker instead of trying to pick up chicks in a town of 14,000. At  once, I  wasnʼt willing to totally abandon game here — In my experience itʼs really, really unhealthy to enter a mental mode of “Iʼm not even bothering with women right now.” So, I  just de-prioritized it a lot.

But last night I  got a woman home.

Ironically, this was from my very  first attempt in this country! The first chick I  hit  on, came home with me. (Not  counting one store  employee I  gave a compliment to, without even attempting  a  close.) This underscores how tragic it  is that Iʼm not hitting  on chicks here more often!

(I  do suspect that being foreign puts me at an advantage, because back  home it took  me around 10  to  20 approaches just  to get  a  date.)

Two things in particular helped make this approach happen.

Many of the houses here, including the one I  am renting, do not have glass in the windows, such that even loud talking next  door, you can hear. Well, one evening I  heard a woman next  door, screaming  out in the throes of pleasure. This painfully vivid reminder of what Iʼm not getting, pushed  me to go  out for another approach  mission, the first in a while, and made me more determined to at  least stop a chick for  once.

The girl herself also helped. There I am, gradually coming up behind her, really wanting to approach. But I  get that usual terrible realization that Iʼm just going  to walk  by  her. Only, as Iʼm coming  up behind her, still checking her out, she looks back at me and smiles. That was just enough to break the inhibition. Not that sheʼs the first cute chick here who has smiled at me, but between that and having recently had to endure hearing the chick next door getting railed, it was just enough.

I  wonʼt bother to put up a full Field Report, as my main sticking point is obvious anyway: hitting  on a cute stranger walking down the street needs to be something that happens far, far more often than once in four  months! Had I been hitting  on chicks rapid-fire, so that Iʼd have a new woman in my home on a regular basis, I  would have been able to handle this far more smoothly than I  did, and most importantly, Iʼd have been emboldened to take more risk once I  got her home. I  wasnʼt nearly bold enough, and her being the first woman Iʼve had home in over three  years did not help this at all.

I  unfortunately did not get the lay. I  did get her home without spending a penny on her and in fact without even going on a date. Yeah, she actually just came straight to my home. With food, even. How that worked is, on the morning of our first planned meet, she cancelled, and then after I  did not chase, became apologetic. In that situation, given a  bit of GC wisdom, I  was able to pull her straight home. It was all rather well executed until I  had her home.

Alas, I  had not realized in advance that she had kids and had to be home in only an  hour and  change. I  really should have probed for this in  advance, but (i)  I  simply  forgot, due to being rusty, due to several years of chickening, and (ii)  she  had  actually texted “I  will make  it  wld” (Wow!), which I  took to  mean DTF, which I  foolishly took to  mean probably plans to spend the night over.

Given this time constraint, plus the DTF text, I  should have been trying to get the clothes  off the moment she set foot in my house. Unfortunately, Iʼve only sexually escalated on two occasions, and still find it extremely difficult mentally due to a lifetime of anti-masculine-aggression brainwashing, so itʼs something Iʼve only been able to do successfully where I  had the time to be very, very gradual about  it. Since thatʼs all I  knew or had the balls to  do, thatʼs what I  was trying, but I  didnʼt have enough time for that approach to work, and I  hadnʼt even gotten  to touching a breast before she had to leave.

It also doesnʼt help that in my highly temporary home, I  have no couch, only lawn chairs which donʼt make it particularly easy to get cozy with a chick seated beside you. But Iʼm not going to bother getting a couch when my plan is to leave here for Kampala, anyway. In Kampala, I  would invest in a couch!    lol

She seemed to understand that she hadnʼt given me much time with her, and she gave me a specific date on which she will have more time, so there is some chance I  could still take her. Unfortunately, if there is no penetration on the first meeting, youʼre now on the wrong side of the Sexy  Son Hypothesis, so as much as Iʼll take the craps  shot for the hell  of  it, Iʼve already accepted that Iʼll probably never see her again.

Itʼs disappointing that Iʼve been in this country for five  months — well, effectively four — and only hit  on a chick one  time! (Or  three  times, if you count a dead-ended compliment to a store  employee.) However, on the bright  side, she responded well, and I  most probably could have fucked  her if I  hadʼve been a wee  bit sharper and/or bolder, so itʼs quite obvious that inhibition is the only thing stopping  me from getting sex.

Another interesting observation is that the four months it took me here to get a chick home is in the same ballpark as how long it would have taken back  home best-case, pre-pandemic — yet this is a place with over two  orders  of  magnitude lower population!

Part of this is surely due to my “exotic capital,” but I  think that another important factor was my being a lot less picky over breed here. Back  home, I  will not even say “hi” to anything other than a black girl, and theyʼre not even 10% of my city. Well, the chick I  finally hit  on here happened to be a black girl, but approaching her was made significantly easier by the fact that I  am also interested in the Maya chicks and even some of the Mestiza chicks, and hell, maybe even the occasional Chinese girl. At a population of only 14,000, I  would be facing an utterly paralyzing level of scarcity mentality if I  were only looking at black girls here. (For  reference, I  think theyʼre about  30%  here.)

Speaking briefly, I  think that my willingness to hit  on non-black girls here was facilitated by: (i)  ironically,  black  girls being a higher fraction of the population here, (ii)  Maya  chicks  being for  me quite exotic, (iii)  my  stay  here being temporary, mitigating the risk of becoming “trapped,” and (iv)  ironically,  my  moving to Africa having become a much more tangible and immediate next step. My outbreeding instinct has tended to make me the least attracted to my own kind, but I  suspect if I  were in South  Sudan, surrounded by those tall, midnight-black, cherub-faced Nilotic beauties, and happened  upon what most would see as a cute white chick, fuck, I  might even see her as such. Abundance of your preferred type, it seems, can ironically make you less obstinately picky. I  do feel that if I  went back to my home  city, Iʼd go right back to only wanting to touch black girls.

The fact that my overall performance did not actually go down here as compared with my home  city, in spite of the precipitous drop in population, tells me that I  will probably do far, far better in Kampala than I  have ever done before. Back  home, I  had a high population but took a low liking to the ethnic makeup. Here, I  take a fairly high liking to the ethnic makeup, but the population is low. In Kampala, I  would take an even higher liking to the ethnic makeup and the population is quite high. (In  fact, the population density is twice that  of my home  city.)

Ironically, getting a chick home — but failing to get her clothes off — has sharpened my sense of urgency towards moving to Africa as soon as possible.

One last thing Iʼll note is that my fear that the low population of the town Iʼm in could have negative social effects on seduction may not have been entirely unfounded. This chickʼs gossipy aunt, it turns  out, lives only a  few houses away from me!!!! That would be an almost unthinkable coincidence in a metropolis, but here it is the norm. The girl was openly paranoid of being seen walking with a man to  or  from his house. She actually stated that people would get the wrong idea. She literally ducked us behind a parked semi-trailer in hopes of avoiding her auntʼs view! I  never had anything even remotely like that come out of a chick in my home  city. I  just took anonymity for granted.

Last edited:
>