The Re-Education of Karea Ricardus D.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hope you get better soon!

The same thing happened to me after my last two breakups (both multi-year relationships). And I wasn't even a seducer, I was in scarcity actually. So I'm not sure why people are saying it hits seducers more than other guys.

The depression was deep and dark. Which was the main reason I'm trying to get better at day game, because I'd strongly prefer to go into my next relationship from a place of at least moderate abundance. Also, taking action is so much better than doing nothing.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hope you get better soon!

The same thing happened to me after my last two breakups (both multi-year relationships). And I wasn't even a seducer, I was in scarcity actually. So I'm not sure why people are saying it hits seducers more than other guys.

The depression was deep and dark. Which was the main reason I'm trying to get better at day game, because I'd strongly prefer to go into my next relationship from a place of at least moderate abundance. Also, taking action is so much better than doing nothing.
You answer your question, most seducers no in scarcity.... Most seducer make mains from dating multiple women competing vs picking from whatever you get... Seducers harder to catch feelings and get onitis... Totally different...

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Yeah, the better I got at game, the more I developed a scarcity mentality in regards to girls I can actually catch feelings for. It's a paradox... you realize how many women just don't do it for you in that special way, so when you find one that does, she seems even more rare and special.

But, in the end it's all illusion. Looking back on all my past painful breakups, there isn't a single one that I wasn't COMPLETELY over by the time I connected to the next girl I really liked. And if the new girl was my type and we had a good vibe, even a text or a kiss would do the trick.

As far as rebounding goes, I've had this conversation with several people lately, and it seems to be a very individually different thing. Some people have told me they do better when they don't rebound, others say immediate abundance helped the most.

I fall in the latter camp. I've tried it both ways, I had one breakup where I went straight to Thailand and it was probably the easiest breakup of my life. I had another one where I was in scarcity for YEARS after the breakup (because of the health issue I wrote about here).

And I didn't truly get over that girl until I finally got out of total scarcity. I mean, many years after we split I still got very sad when I thought back on her. But then the next girl I crushed on, cured it totally and almost immediately.

So yeah... that's been my experience... and that's why I'm typing this from an airport, waiting for a flight to Bangkok. It's like the emergency room for the lonely heart break club. I also have a shit load of friends in Asia, so that's going to help as well.

I heard skills say that whining, bitching and moaning (I'm just stylizing bro) about the breakup really helps, it's like therapy. I agree, I've found that talking things through with someone who understands helps.

So maybe I'll do that in my next post, since some guys have asked for a debrief of what went wrong anyway. Or maybe I won't, because I finally went no contact a couple of hours ago and "she's dead" seems to be the best frame right now.

Onwards. And fucking upwards (Chase actually added that to the signature in all my articles, ha. But it seems to fit right now).

Anyone up for some Asia hanky panky send me a PM.

-Karea.

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
flight to Bangkok. It's like the emergency room for the lonely heart break club.
gvEfFhj.png

Last edited:

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Breakup Update

I feel a lot better today. There's nothing like moving to a different country the very day you cut contact with an ex. A total change of scenery, no anchors, nothing to remind me, not even the same language is being spoken around me. It's technique #13: the red button in my breakup article.

Wheels down Bangkok around noon, and just a few hours later I was having dinner with a friend. I didn't think I'd be back in Thailand, I haven't been here in almost 5 years, but for a difficult breakup, being surrounded by hundreds of half naked girls all at once is fucking perfect.

To be honest, I don't really like that scene anymore... not cause I'm against it, but because it's declined a lot over the years. The video I linked is from more than a decade ago, when I got totally hooked on that stuff. Tonight it was just for a couple of drinks and a laugh with an old friend.

Next I met up with @Atlas IV, thanks for coming out for drinks on such short notice mate. Talking to a fellow PUA who's totally fucking obsessed with the true art of old school Pickup was great... it really helped a lot to get into a better headspace.

We're planning a daygame road trip to touristy places with a mix of Asian and white girls, mostly because I really hate dealing with a language barrier when I game (and my Thai is garbage). But that should be amazing... I haven't had a real PUA to go out with in ages.

I'll meet some more friends and rent a car to hit up a beach town... but I probably won't post more updates until we're back to real cold approach. In the meantime, I just wanted to let everyone know: I feel much better, thanks guys! The red button works.

Relationship Debrief

Since some people have asked, I will give a brief rundown of what went wrong with this relationship. The first and by far the most important reason this relationship hit an iceberg was the "danger zone". I wrote a bunch about that on pages 4 and 5 of this journal, you can do a quick search.

In summation, the "danger zone" is when a PUA is not in abundance yet, but already getting pretty hot girls. It is very tempting to spend too much time with that one (or two) girl(s)... and thus end up getting attached to a girl who's going to be a problem in an LTR.

That's what happened. I realized about 6 weeks in that she's going to be a problem, but I was already in love with her then. And at that point it seemed easier to "try and fix the issues" than to break up - especially because she always made a big effort to change and to please.

Ultimately though, problems kept reoccurring, and I realized "she's just like that"... my main advice to avoid this kind of situation would be to check in with a girl about childhood traumas. The more of those someone has, the harder they will be to deal with, and this girl had a ton.

Very sad. Wonderful girl, truly of all my exes, she was my favorite. My life with her was a fucking dream. But every once in a while she would glitch out completely... and as much as we both tried, we were never able to permanently fix that. And so it eventually drove us apart.

Conclusion:

I'm only typing this out really so others may learn from my mistake... don't spend too much time with a girl early on, avoid falling in love until you know her well, always create abundance, don't go into a relationship from scarcity, and don't think it's easy to "fix" girls with a lot of traumas.

I harbor no ill-will towards her whatsoever, and I'm sure we'll be great friends for life once we're over each other. If she is up for it, that is. In my experience many girls prefer not to be in touch with the ex too much, at least once they have a new man. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

BIGGUS DICKUS: PUSSY MAN

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
God doesn't want me to have that one.
Funniest line in the whole report 🤣

it sucks, one time I dg got a date with this chick, we even kissed, but then she started talking about sex before marriage, and I was like “I’m not marrying you”.

it was a miserable date, I think your a loser if you believe your god doesn’t want you to have sex and enjoy yourself.

but old traditions still exist, similar w extreme Muslim chicks not letting you touch them if your a man

gl finding a better gaming spot, it can be tricky.

Atlas IV

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Next I met up with @Atlas IV, thanks for coming out for drinks on such short notice mate. Talking to a fellow PUA who's totally fucking obsessed with the true art of old school Pickup was great... it really helped a lot to get into a better headspace.

We're planning a daygame road trip to touristy places with a mix of Asian and white girls, mostly because I really hate dealing with a language barrier when I game (and my Thai is garbage). But that should be amazing... I haven't had a real PUA to go out with in ages.
Man it was so amazing and surreal meeting you, honestly one of the pivotal moments of my life. I'm really excited for this trip! Got a feeling this is the start of a new chapter for me in pickup and my life in general, I'm about to dedicate myself fully to the game instead of just dipping my toes.

I'm only typing this out really so others may learn from my mistake... don't spend too much time with a girl early on, avoid falling in love until you know her well, always create abundance, don't go into a relationship from scarcity, and don't think it's easy to "fix" girls with a lot of traumas.
I resonate with this. The issue with my ex was much the same - unaddressed childhood trauma causing her also to "glitch out" and which had ramifications in other aspects. We can only hope that they will one day get the therapy they need (or at least read Neil Strauss's book The Truth with is all about therapy), because no boyfriend will ever be able to fix them.

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Rock Bottom.

Alright the breakup finally hit me like a freight train... I guess I was in denial before. I'm seriously depressed... I mean I'm devastated. I guess I was whistling past the graveyard... trying to tell myself I was just relieved to be out of a difficult situation.

Isn't there a meme like that, for guys it hits us about 2 weeks later?

2 months ago I saw signs that we'll probably break up, and I started to think back on past breakups. I started to predict how hard this one will be if it happens, and it's exactly as hard as I thought it would be.

I guess I just wanted to capture this moment in my journal too: rock fucking bottom.

Hey, there's even a chapter in "The Game" about that kind of situation. I guess we've all been there, innit. Anyone who doesn't have a metal heart in their dead fucking tin chest, that is.

The good news is, this isn't my first rodeo. This was my 9th LTR, and four of the other ones were also extremely painful breakups. So this is the 5th major one... real heart break. Inconsolable sadness, having lost something that was truly amazing.

I'm going to hop on a plane now and go to Thailand. Judge me if you want, I like that place from time to time. I'll go blow off some steam for a couple of months and then go to Europe for some real daygame in the spring. When the sun comes out... cause I fucking hate the winter.

If I can get some game in while I'm in Asia I'll post about it. Peace brothers. Thanks for all those of you who have liked, replied and sent private messages.

This community is amazing and having this resource has helped me a lot these past few weeks.

-Karea.

Last time I had a breakup I sailed my boat out into the middle of nowhere and hung out out there for a few weeks. Sometimes we don't realize how much we've given away of ourselves to other people.

All the best!

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
2 more sets...

Took a road trip to the North with @Atlas IV.

Two separate guys had warned me that Western tourists up here tend to be unattractive and overweight, and from what I've seen they were right. With the local girls on the other hand, I've been having a major language barrier... which to be fair, I expected that too.

We went to two malls and walked around for several hours, but it was as target sparse as my last outing.

Set 1 - indirect opener, practically zero English, no-go.
Set 2 - direct opener, also very little English, just enough to say "have boy-friend"...

FML.

I'm still having a lot of ups and downs about the breakup as well. The ex has been messaging me and yesterday I cracked and replied. At least I told her again that there's no way back. But, this scarcity sure isn't helping with my headspace.

My main issue is that I just can't get the numbers up. I haven't been able to find target rich environments, not at any point in this entire journal. I'm a picky bastard but I can't see myself downgrading from what I've dated in the past.

How is pickup supposed to ever work with 1-3 sets per day? That's not even enough to warm up properly. Ideally I'd move to a 10-20 million people city, but that's out of the question due to other life circumstances right now.

I just gotta keep pushing forward... the only solution. Although right now I'm not even sure where and how. I'm almost certainly going to do a bootcamp in Europe to break the slump.

Last edited:

Lucky

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
2 more sets...

Took a road trip to the North with @Atlas IV.

Two separate guys had warned me that Western tourists up here tend to be unattractive and overweight, and from what I've seen they were right. With the local girls on the other hand, I've been having a major language barrier... which to be fair, I expected that too.

We went to two malls and walked around for several hours, but it was as target sparse as my last outing.

Set 1 - indirect opener, practically zero English, no-go.
Set 2 - direct opener, also very little English, just enough to say "have boy-friend"...

FML.

I'm still having a lot of ups and downs about the breakup as well. The ex has been messaging me and yesterday I cracked and replied. At least I told her again that there's no way back. But, this scarcity sure isn't helping with my headspace.

My main issue is that I just can't get the numbers up. I haven't been able to find target rich environments, not at any point in this entire journal. I'm a picky bastard but I can't see myself downgrading from what I've dated in the past.

How is pickup supposed to ever work with 1-3 sets per day? That's not even enough to warm up properly. Ideally I'd move to a 10-20 million people city, but that's out of the question due to other life circumstances right now.

I just gotta keep pushing forward... the only solution. Although right now I'm not even sure where and how. I'm almost certainly going to do a bootcamp in Europe to break the slump.
Was in south East Asia (Philippines and Bali) late last year so I understand the language barrier struggle a bit

For me what helped was...

Google translate- can be a big help in beating the language barrier

and memorising a bit of the language to open and get attention can be solid for a set before switching back to English or mixing the language with english
(I do this with Spanish and Filipino)

I tend to prefer the second as it flows more naturally for myself + I enjoy language learning

probs combine the two if the barrier is really rough

best of luck with the travels

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human

@Skippy used this to talk to spanish girls in Madrid-at that point a lot will rely on vibe, but you'll have a fun time and it's an easy way to get a small amount of rapport because the cuteness of it is pretty nice. Also because it's so primitive, out of nowhere, I could def see this working decently well with direct or indirect

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thanks guys for the ideas. I played an entire "set" with Google translate the other day, flirted with a bar girl for half an hour with that app... (not a real set obviously)... it's not for me believe it or not, I'd rather shoot myself in the head than do that all evening.

I'm just in the wrong country... I speak 6 languages, but Thai isn't one of them. My game relies very heavily on complex verbals, so I'm going to relocate in a little while and focus on countries where language barrier isn't an issue.

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
4 more sets

Handicapped game... I thought Atlas and I will just be meeting for lunch, so I wasn't ready for it - I haven't slept right in 3 weeks, was unshaved, dressed pretty sloppy for game, flip flops, t-shirt, baseball cap, no good for daygame (especially direct) when you're approaching mid 40s. But since Atlas was doing approaches I said fuck it and did a few sets too if only for practice.

First set was an indirect walking set, Asian. Indirect is ass for walking sets but since she was walking pretty slowly I thought I can stop her, that was a mistake and it's a lesson I keep learning and re-learning, as she dragged away pretty quickly after my opener.

Second set was a Western girl, extremely sexy body and dressed stylish as fuck (she works in fashion). It was an indirect set and hooked great. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a date with her, but she had some acne and I talked myself out of it for that reason. I should have pushed forward anyway, if only for practice and probably unconsciously I was just rationalizing an eject tbh.

My main mistake with this set was to continue vibing natural game (oxymoron) and small talk, instead of going into real game. We had some commonalities and she lit up when I talked about those, so I went down that thread for a minute. But of course that's not attraction... better to break rapport a bit early on, then build compliance, then qualify, then build some commonalities after all that.

Then a time bridge is more likely to stick. I'm still glad I played the set though as it went really well, I just didn't push to close, my bad, another lesson learned. The field teaches all.

Third set I asked if she's single, she said yes and smiled, I should have gone into small talk after that, to give her some time to adjust to the high social pressure situation. Instead I did an SOI and I guess that was coming on too strong for her and she excused herself. Gotta keep it a bit more subtle and low key for these shy Asian girls I guess.

Fourth set was direct as well, but I wasn't able to stop her, no hook she just said boy-friend and dragged away pretty quickly. So that's 3 Asians and 1 Western girl and the one set that went really well was the Westerner. Language is just everything for me, since my game is so majorly based on verbals.

I'll be in Thailand for a little while longer, so I'll still keep this up as much as I can... despite the limitations it's still good practice. I'm also talking to Mystery and Beckster on whatsapp about booking a Bootcamp. As soon as I'm done with my work-related commitments out here in Asia I'll be on the first flight back West, to do some real work with those guys.

Last edited:

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Thanks guys for the ideas. I played an entire "set" with Google translate the other day, flirted with a bar girl for half an hour with that app... (not a real set obviously)... it's not for me believe it or not, I'd rather shoot myself in the head than do that all evening.

I'm just in the wrong country... I speak 6 languages, but Thai isn't one of them. My game relies very heavily on complex verbals, so I'm going to relocate in a little while and focus on countries where language barrier isn't an issue.
Fully agree—I speak a handful of languages as well (not as many as you), but I spent a lot of time in the Netherlands for work and could never make any progress there, for the same reason (other than with non-locals, of whom there are many, fortunately). I started learning Dutch only at age 40, and while I can manage everyday conversations, that doesn’t help much for making connections with women. I much prefer meaningful dialog and don’t much care for small talk. Elsewhere, as well as with other expatriates in the Netherlands, I have had much more success relating to people.

PaulieFlyn10

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
4 more sets

Handicapped game... I thought Atlas and I will just be meeting for lunch, so I wasn't ready for it - I haven't slept right in 3 weeks, was unshaved, dressed pretty sloppy for game, flip flops, t-shirt, baseball cap, no good for daygame (especially direct) when you're approaching mid 40s. But since Atlas was doing approaches I said fuck it and did a few sets too if only for practice.

First set was an indirect walking set, Asian. Indirect is ass for walking sets but since she was walking pretty slowly I thought I can stop her, that was a mistake and it's a lesson I keep learning and re-learning, as she dragged away pretty quickly after my opener.

Second set was a Western girl, extremely sexy body and dressed stylish as fuck (she works in fashion). It was an indirect set and hooked great. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a date with her, but she had some acne and I talked myself out of it for that reason. I should have pushed forward anyway, if only for practice and probably unconsciously I was just rationalizing an eject tbh.

My main mistake with this set was to continue vibing natural game (oxymoron) and small talk, instead of going into real game. We had some commonalities and she lit up when I talked about those, so I went down that thread for a minute. But of course that's not attraction... better to break rapport a bit early on, then build compliance, then qualify, then build some commonalities after all that.

Then a time bridge is more likely to stick. I'm still glad I played the set though as it went really well, I just didn't push to close, my bad, another lesson learned. The field teaches all.

Third set I asked if she's single, she said yes and smiled, I should have gone into small talk after that, to give her some time to adjust to the high social pressure situation. Instead I did an SOI and I guess that was coming on too strong for her and she excused herself. Gotta keep it a bit more subtle and low key for these shy Asian girls I guess.

Fourth set was direct as well, but I wasn't able to stop her, no hook she just said boy-friend and dragged away pretty quickly. So that's 3 Asians and 1 Western girl and the one set that went really well was the Westerner. Language is just everything for me, since my game is so majorly based on verbals.

I'll be in Thailand for a little while longer, so I'll still keep this up as much as I can... despite the limitations it's still good practice. I'm also talking to Mystery and Beckster on whatsapp about booking a Bootcamp. As soon as I'm done with my work-related commitments out here in Asia I'll be on the first flight back West, to do some real work with those guys.
The mystery bootcamp is definitely going to a major boost to your progress. Especially with shaking off the rust

An extra pair of eyes on your game or process is always a fantastic idea to speed up progress

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
LTR Debrief #2 - A Cautionary Tale

First of all, here's a quick update on the breakup. It's been even more painful than I expected to be honest. Next, I think another debrief of this LTR is warranted, as I've had a few new insights that may be worth sharing. That may be life-saving for someone, in fact.

I discussed my breakup with a good friend of mine who's an international playboy, fucked hundreds of women across the world, both first world and third. He told me two horror stories of borderline exes, and then just asked: "do you think your girl might've been BPD as well? Or no?"

Shit man, it's been years since I read about borderline. So I started to review a bunch of material about it. Some articles from our own blog, here, here and tangentially related here, another article recommended by Chase (here), two articles by Paul Elam (here and here), and more.

The conclusion was as shocking as it was obvious: yes, she is definitely borderline. In fact she has 80-90% of the symptoms described as "extreme" borderline. And all authors about this topic come to the same conclusion: nothing can be done. You HAVE to leave.

How NOT to find a girl-friend and start a relationship

So how in the fuck does an experienced guy like me (3-figure game lays and 8 previous LTRs, ranging from 6 months to 2-4 years) end up in a serious committed relationship with an extreme borderline chick?

I'm going to trace the psychology of gradual self deception coupled with strong infatuation, in hopes that it may serve as a warning, and so others may avoid the mistakes I made here.

I spotted a few red flags early on... namely: extremely promiscuous past, a bunch of tattoos, drinking and smoking weed. Of course I set non judgmental frames, which is how I heard the truth about these things. I told myself "what does it matter? She's just a fuck-buddy."

Due to other life circumstances, I wasn't able to spin plates, and so I got more and more infatuated with her. Eventually she started talking about "how great we would be together", and the same exact day she started some drama. So I was like "erm... yeah, but... no."

But, of course that was just my rational mind talking. My emotions had already been hijacked. I still tried to pull out, but couldn't stay away. Caught myself constantly talking to her, having sex with her, and getting more and more involved.

And guess what? The more I got to know her, the more she turned out to be my absolute dream girl! She has all the qualities I like most in women, and she has them in spades. Seriously, this was the most awesome girl I've ever dated. I still say that now looking back.

Of course when I started reading up on borderline again, I realized that these are just typical symptoms of the borderline disorder. They will mirror you and mold themselves into EXACTLY what you want. Plus, they're typically the best lays, the greatest sex you've ever had... times 9000.

Impossible not to get hooked. So I had the perfect girl-friend... but there was one catch. Once every week or two, she would start the biggest drama shit storm I have ever seen in my life, for no fucking reason whatsoever. And she'd keep it going for an entire day every time.

It was like Mrs. Jekyl and Mrs. Hyde... a complete mind fuck. I don't have a lot of patience for bullshit, so every time this happened I decided to walk. But just as soon as I'm almost out the door, she would apologize, admit that she realizes she has a problem, and that she'll change.

What to do? "She's perfect, except for this one thing, AND she's aware of it and willing to work on it." So we did, and she was very cooperative... I won't belabor the details, but there are modalities to fix this kind of thing, and we tried our best, with her full cooperation.

Deep down I knew she almost certainly won't change, but I truly loved her by this point... and it was mutual. Whenever she really thought I'm leaving, I could feel her despair. She really wanted to make it work, and she really tried so hard to change. I still believe that was real.

Eventually, after what was both the most amazing half year of my entire life, as well as some of the most anger and sadness I've ever felt, I had to finally come to a (maybe obvious) conclusion: "she's just like that."

I believe she can change, but it would take years and years of therapy. We uncovered extreme child hood trauma, 4x more than average, and very severe. I can't stay with her until she heals all that.

The situation was starting to get dangerous. It involved the borderline-typical suicide threats, a close-miss on a car accident, and escalating physical violence from her. I was lucky... exes of borderlines often end up divorce raped, in prison over false accusations, or even dead.

Let this be a warning to all

I wrote about the "danger zone" here: don't get a girl-friend when you're good enough to pick up hot girls, but not good enough yet to spin plates. That's the danger zone, where you can easily fall in love with a girl you haven't vetted properly yet. Don't do it.

New Rule for Life

I'm going to make a new rule for myself. If this ever happens again, if I ever feel the first tinglings of infatuation for a girl I haven't known for at least 4-6 months yet, I'm going to eject. I'm going to block her, delete her number and probably even leave the city before it goes further.

I've done this once (blocked a girl I was starting to catch feelings for), because the girl in question was just too obviously trouble.. But all other times, I usually rode it out and it ended in tears every time except for once (which was pure luck).

I still love this poor girl to death, I still miss her a lot. I see her good side, and boy... her good side is amazing. She's an incredible woman, an incredible soul, and an unbelievably awesome girl-friend... 90% of the time.

I hope for her sake that she heals herself, which she promised me she will do. Some day she will make an amazing wife for somebody. But that day is not today, and that man is not me.

-Karea.

Last edited:

Devilicious

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
LTR Debrief #2 - A Cautionary Tale

First of all, here's a quick update on the breakup. It's been even more painful than I expected to be honest. Next, I think another debrief of this LTR is warranted, as I've had a few new insights that may be worth sharing. That may be life-saving for someone, in fact.

I discussed my breakup with a good friend of mine who's an international playboy, fucked hundreds of women across the world, both first world and third. He told me two horror stories of borderline exes, and then just asked: "do you think your girl might've been BPD as well? Or no?"

Shit man, it's been years since I read about borderline. So I started to review a bunch of material about it. Some articles from our own blog, here, here and tangentially related here, another article recommended by Chase (here), two articles by Paul Elam (here and here), and more.

The conclusion was as shocking as it was obvious: yes, she is definitely borderline. In fact she has 80-90% of the symptoms described as "extreme" borderline. And all authors about this topic come to the same conclusion: nothing can be done. You HAVE to leave.

How NOT to find a girl-friend and start a relationship

So how in the fuck does an experienced guy like me (3-figure game lays and 8 previous LTRs, ranging from 6 months to 2-4 years) end up in a serious committed relationship with an extreme borderline chick?

I'm going to trace the psychology of gradual self deception coupled with strong infatuation, in hopes that it may serve as a warning, and so others may avoid the mistakes I made here.

I spotted a few red flags early on... namely: extremely promiscuous past, a bunch of tattoos, drinking and smoking weed. Of course I set non judgmental frames, which is how I heard the truth about these things. I told myself "what does it matter? She's just a fuck-buddy."

Due to other life circumstances, I wasn't able to spin plates, and so I got more and more infatuated with her. Eventually she started talking about "how great we would be together", and the same exact day she started some drama. So I was like "erm... yeah, but... no."

But, of course that was just my rational mind talking. My emotions had already been hijacked. I still tried to pull out, but couldn't stay away. Caught myself constantly talking to her, having sex with her, and getting more and more involved.

And guess what? The more I got to know her, the more she turned out to be my absolute dream girl! She has all the qualities I like most in women, and she has them in spades. Seriously, this was the most awesome girl I've ever dated. I still say that now looking back.

Of course when I started reading up on borderline again, I realized that these are just typical symptoms of the borderline disorder. They will mirror you and mold themselves into EXACTLY what you want. Plus, they're typically the best lays, the greatest sex you've ever had... times 9000.

Impossible not to get hooked. So I had the perfect girl-friend... but there was one catch. Once every week or two, she would start the biggest drama shit storm I have ever seen in my life, for no fucking reason whatsoever. And she'd keep it going for an entire day every time.

It was like Mrs. Jekyl and Mrs. Hyde... a complete mind fuck. I don't have a lot of patience for bullshit, so every time this happened I decided to walk. But just as soon as I'm almost out the door, she would apologize, admit that she realizes she has a problem, and that she'll change.

What to do? "She's perfect, except for this one thing, AND she's aware of it and willing to work on it." So we did, and she was very cooperative... I won't belabor the details, but there are modalities to fix this kind of thing, and we tried our best, with her full cooperation.

Deep down I knew she almost certainly won't change, but I truly loved her by this point... and it was mutual. Whenever she really thought I'm leaving, I could feel her despair. She really wanted to make it work, and she really tried so hard to change. I still believe that was real.

Eventually, after what was both the most amazing half year of my entire life, as well as some of the most anger and sadness I've ever felt, I had to finally come to a (maybe obvious) conclusion: "she's just like that."

I believe she can change, but it would take years and years of therapy. We uncovered extreme child hood trauma, 4x more than average, and very severe. I can't stay with her until she heals all that.

The situation was starting to get dangerous. It involved the borderline-typical suicide threats, a close-miss on a car accident, and escalating physical violence from her. I was lucky... exes of borderlines often end up divorce raped, in prison over false accusations, or even dead.

Let this be a warning to all

I wrote about the "danger zone" here: don't get a girl-friend when you're good enough to pick up hot girls, but not good enough yet to spin plates. That's the danger zone, where you can easily fall in love with a girl you haven't vetted properly yet. Don't do it.

New Rule for Life

I'm going to make a new rule for myself. If this ever happens again, if I ever feel the first tinglings of infatuation for a girl I haven't known for at least 4-6 months yet, I'm going to eject. I'm going to block her, delete her number and probably even leave the city before it goes further.

I've done this once (blocked a girl I was starting to catch feelings for), because the girl in question was just too obviously trouble.. But all other times, I usually rode it out and it ended in tears every time except for once (which was pure luck).

I still love this poor girl to death, I still miss her a lot. I see her good side, and boy... her good side is amazing. She's an incredible woman, an incredible soul, and an unbelievably awesome girl-friend... 90% of the time.

I hope for her sake that she heals herself, which she promised me she will do. Some day she will make an amazing wife for somebody. But that day is not today, and that man is not me.

-Karea.
I would like to just express my deep gratitude and appreciation... of you being able to share this here.

It is something that we all end up in at some point or another, especially with us meeting many amazing women and having wonderful experiences. That may come with unintended results.

So being able to learn from each other and get advice from the wise men along the same road is incredibly helpful and valuable.

So, thank you for this, and I'm glad you got these learnings and are feeling better!

Best,
-Dev

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I'm glad you [...] are feeling better!
So-so brother... still feeling pretty devastated half the time... feel okay the other half of the time. It comes and it goes. I'm trolling dating sites for distraction.

A friend who's studied a fair bit of psychology said these chicks actually give you a form of c-PTSD. Borderline chicks put you through extreme emotions as if you've been through a war zone.

Thanks for your post and your appreciation.

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
So-so brother... still feeling pretty devastated half the time... feel okay the other half of the time. It comes and it goes. I'm trolling dating sites for distraction.

A friend who's studied a fair bit of psychology said these chicks actually give you a form of c-PTSD. Borderline chicks put you through extreme emotions as if you've been through a war zone.

Thanks for your post and your appreciation.
Did you ever watch what happened to Anthony Johnson No bpd but psychopathy i don;t think it was your girl)

The best on bpd i found is the psychologist brought to trial during the Jhonny deep amber heard trial:

Last edited:
>