Here I am again, on a Sunday night, reflecting on this week's successes, failures, and progress.
I have been writing daily notes about my life for over a year and a half now. I use evernote. While I can (and have) gotten carried away writing when I should be doing, recently, I have successfully created the habit of only writing down productive things.
Every day, I write down the baby steps I take towards my goals. Baby steps are tiny actions that I have not taken before; they are what I'm doing to become just a little bit better than last time, than yesterday, than earlier today. A recent example was me sending a non-needy text ping. Another slightly larger one was me calling a girl out of the blue that I hadn't spoken with in over a month. These steps can be as small or as large as I want them to be, but the point is that I have evidence of my progress. For me, every day that I take even one single baby step is a win. Which means that I win every single day, because I'm always doing just a teeny tiny bit more than I was yesterday.
This is the mindset that allows me to not fixate on any particular goal and get stressed or burnt out trying to achieve it; I know that if I keep taking these baby steps towards the life I want to live, my dreams will become reality. As long as I do not quit, there is a 100% chance that I accomplish what I set out to.
side note: I have come to the conclusion that 'baby steps' are not as good of an analogy as I originally thought. While there is something to be said for walking down a path or setting off on a journey, that implies reaching a certain destination. I have no true destination; what I'm after is simply the pursuit of better.
As I remarked in my last journal entry, everything game related is made of habits that build off each other. The goal, then, is not to reach one specific end, but to create something magnificent. Where the only limits are your imagination; there are no wrong answers, no wrong turns, and mistakes are covered up like a Bob Ross painting. Perhaps life is a blank canvas, and each individual is free to paint whatever kind of picture they would like to see. After all, we are not here to create a specific, picture perfect image for someone else to look at; we are here to experience the joy of painting.
And so, I am enjoying the process of becoming a man who is great with women. There are a lot of things I'm doing now that I
could be doing
will do better. There are a lot of mistakes I am making now that I will no longer make in the future. Many aspects of my dream life are not part of my current life.
I'll list a few of the baby steps I took last week that seem most impactful.
- I followed up on all old text leads, and improved my texting game by a LOT
- I practiced night street game much more than I had in the past (takeaway: the hook needs to be better than in the day)
- There are a lot of good habits I've cemented further, see my notes on habits building on one another
- There was one girl I was very close to pulling.... no write up of it so far, we'll see what comes of it
- I'm hanging out with friends more rather than doing everything solo
- I've been upgrading my style, because it is sub par right now (and my haircut is less than ideal, but it will grow back)
- and of course I've gotten better in interactions with women just through experience and trying new things.
What I'll be working on next week:
- my cocky funny attitude, and paying attention to emotional spikes vs basic 'getting to know you' talk (step 3)
- making my sexual intentions known, mainly through eye contact (step 1)
- approaching girls I truly want to have sexual encounters with (step 2)
- staying in set longer/moving girls around (step 4)
- keep the always be closing framework in mind - number or otherwise (step 5)
These are all habits that I expect to be cemented in the next two or three weeks. It will be cool to look back and see how these small things were once actual goals of mine, rather than second nature. Once again, habits build on each other, and in the future, I will be looking to nail down much more advanced points. However, one cannot live in the future, and progress can only be made in the present.
It's been a while since I've posted any actual interactions in here, so tomorrow I'm going to get 5 numbers and write out each encounter.
Good night all. May your dreams for the future become reality, and may you enjoy the present for what it is: a gift.